Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #2681
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
Hows this radio rank?
Futaba 3PM-X 3-Channel 2.4GHz Computer System
Guy will trade my 2 mamba systems for it, these are older mamba max systems.
That's a nice remote, its almost identical to my redcat's. But a quite a bit nicer

Sent from my VZW Rezound using Tapatalk
KBess1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #2682
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

If your just wanting a radio without all the bells and whistles and a 3 position switch to run a servo winch then just buy a dx3e. They are $74.99 with 1 receiver at horizon and are compatible with the spektrum stuff you already have.

Last edited by See65; 03-14-2012 at 08:14 AM.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #2683
Pebble Pounder

Well heading to Country later so see what they have. Thanks for the input.
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #2684
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by See65 View Post
If your just wanting a radio without all the bells and whistles and a 3 position switch to run a servo winch then just buy a dx3e. They are $74.99 with 1 receiver at horizon and are compatible with the spektrum stuff you already have.
Good radio, but seems like the dx3c would be a lot better since it is lcd screen, multiple model memory etc. I never like Futaba ergonomics or their programming layout. Back in buggy racing days Airtronics was the chit, seperate easy to find/use adjustments for everything including seperate endppoint adjustments, great ergonomics, high quality. Don't know how they are now.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #2685
Pebble Pounder

Well that was a possible trade deal but not to hip on that deal but someone here says they want them just waiting for payment so will post back once I get back from country provided payment comes in...
Talk to you in a bit on that servo Nate..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #2686
Rock Crawler

New paint

nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #2687
RCC Addict

That will look awesome next to your xo-1 on the shelf turned out nice

Sent from my new phone using tapatalk.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #2688
Pebble Pounder

Just got back from country and talking to Bruce so this dam mt4 radio is now implanted in my head so idea I have, anyone using it need a rx? I dont need 2 and cant afford the $250 price so if I can unload the extra rx for say $100 makes a big difference...
Old 03-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #2689
Rock Crawler

have you looked into a Heyok controller to make your 2 position switch on the dx3s usable as a winch controller. search the electronic vendors here and you will find him and his products. very nice stuff.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #2690
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Just got back from country and talking to Bruce so this dam mt4 radio is now implanted in my head so idea I have, anyone using it need a rx? I dont need 2 and cant afford the $250 price so if I can unload the extra rx for say $100 makes a big difference...
I'll take it for $50 bucks if you really want to sell it and get it
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #2691
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
New paint
Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
have you looked into a Heyok controller to make your 2 position switch on the dx3s usable as a winch controller. search the electronic vendors here and you will find him and his products. very nice stuff.
X2
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #2692
Pebble Pounder

Lookin good mike, get that thing out and use it
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #2693
Quarry Creeper

Nissan, that thing is awesome!!!!

Sent from my VZW Rezound using Tapatalk
KBess1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #2694

Quote:
Bruce and jay got me on the MT4. I love that thing. Not sure if the special is still on but I got two receivers with it.

Well worth it since those receivers alone are 130.

The aux lever is sweet. You can control the rate of speed you want to run your winch at.
07trd4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #2695

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Bruce and jay got me on the MT4. I love that thing. Not sure if the special is still on but I got two receivers with it.

Well worth it since those receivers alone are 130.

The aux lever is sweet. You can control the rate of speed you want to run your winch at.
Heck. In a couple weeks I might take that extra rx off your hands. I could possible use it in my slash.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #2696
Rock Crawler

Since you guys are on the subject of radios - what is your take on the FlySky GT3B radio that LosiKid has a hack/upgrade for? Yes, I'm cheap and have little money to throw at my toys at this point, but it seems to be a good alternative to the fancy $100+ radios, and allows me to spend more on parts I don't have much RC experience and I'm fairly happy with my AX-2 radio - but now I find need of something with steering EPA and a 3rd channel for winch mainly, but the ability to go more channels for a few more bucks seems nice! Anyone have one already and have input?
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #2697
Pebble Pounder

I tried it when I got the wraith and we were at a g6 and the thing glitched like crazy and was trying its damnest to take off on me not cool when your by the rivers edge! So came home and stole the rx from my clod which is a spektrum and not had a issue since...if you do it get extra rx's cause I had one doa from the box.

WHen I went yesterday and talked to Bruce he pretty much tossed me over the edge to get this mt4 why my clod is now a shelf a queen and will probaly remain that way cause to buy 2 bl systems isnt cheap, if my 2 spektrum rx's would sell I would be close to having what I need...Yes Bruce confirmed the 2 rx deal is going on and he told me a good asking price is $75 if I can get that like now I could buy it
I also got something special from Bruce while I was there and will give a sneek peek later, one reason I need this radio!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #2698

Quote:
I tried it when I got the wraith and we were at a g6 and the thing glitched like crazy and was trying its damnest to take off on me not cool when your by the rivers edge! So came home and stole the rx from my clod which is a spektrum and not had a issue since...if you do it get extra rx's cause I had one doa from the box.

WHen I went yesterday and talked to Bruce he pretty much tossed me over the edge to get this mt4 why my clod is now a shelf a queen and will probaly remain that way cause to buy 2 bl systems isnt cheap, if my 2 spektrum rx's would sell I would be close to having what I need...Yes Bruce confirmed the 2 rx deal is going on and he told me a good asking price is $75 if I can get that like now I could buy it
I also got something special from Bruce while I was there and will give a sneek peek later, one reason I need this radio!
His bracket?!?!!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #2699
Pebble Pounder

That it be Had 3 I got last one still working on it and waiting on some things I need to finish but its a nice piece! Can mount the servo laying down or standing up...update more when I get more done....

Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #2700
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That it be Had 3 I got last one still working on it and waiting on some things I need to finish but its a nice piece! Can mount the servo laying down or standing up...update more when I get more done....

nice, way better than the plastic i've seen. i like the way it lines up to the middle of the chassis in the stand up position in other rigs, straight shot to fairlead.

that servo does not have enough power too even lift the front end of my Honcho off the ground, hope you're using it for the right thing in a winch . i'm testing a 5625 for some more speed presently. Gold Country has aluminum pulleys if your looking to get rid of the sewing bobbin in the future.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM