RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html)

Tom_Swanson 11-14-2010 12:49 AM

I'm not sure if anyone is interested or not but I went to walmart on antelope and they have a large section of new bright bodys there's the landrover lr3 jeep 2dr wrangler and an h2 or h3 I didn't look that close for 49.99 if anyone was looking for those specific bodys.

fvrr 11-15-2010 01:05 PM

Anyone interested in hitting a event or two down towards modesto? http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/279239-rock-hard-1-9-scaler-series-team-lerk.html Sundays aren't the best day for me but I may be able to hit one or two. Looks like the first one is this sunday.

jscalecrawler 11-15-2010 07:30 PM

ya im interested .. wont b able to do 1st one but 1 or 2 of other ones would be cool.

jscalecrawler 11-15-2010 10:23 PM

Anyone interested in hittn folsom lake this sunday?

brokennib 11-16-2010 08:05 AM

the modesto comp sounds pretty cool, we could get a little carpool going on down there. I have no idea where the the first one is though.....
I'm always up for folsom, though."thumbsup"
By the way, where is Rainbow Bridge at Folsom? North end of the lake?

kapp916 11-16-2010 08:55 AM

rainbow bridge is at the W. SW side of the like. about a mile down from the dam.there is some good spots down there, id suggest sticky tires tho. much of it is smooth river rock

Tom_Swanson 11-16-2010 09:01 AM

The weather is looking grim for this weekend I'm not gonna make it out.

brokennib 11-16-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson (Post 2744897)
The weather is looking grim for this weekend I'm not gonna make it out.

Yeah, I just checked the weather myself and its lookin pretty wet:cry: I dont crawl in no rain!:mrgreen:

jscalecrawler 11-16-2010 11:00 AM

oh ya i didnt check the weather i heard somethg about rain too.

fvrr 11-16-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokennib (Post 2744817)
the modesto comp sounds pretty cool, we could get a little carpool going on down there. I have no idea where the the first one is though.....
I'm always up for folsom, though."thumbsup"
By the way, where is Rainbow Bridge at Folsom? North end of the lake?

Hey Chris, it's the old bridge that takes you into old town (sutter st) folsom. If your coming down folsom auburn to greenback (light, union 76 on right chevron on left) you'd turn left instead of going straight over the new bridge and it's on the left on the other side of the bridge, hard to see down there going this direction. Pay parking on the right or free parking on the left. A little walk down there. I've never been but have seen guys comping down there.

I think Chris and I are going to try it on Thursday if anyone's interested. Gordy says it's kind of the same as the spots we hit in Rocklin but I've heard it was pretty good for scalers except for the walk. Either Wed or Thursday works for me and forecast looks for rain friday through sunday so I'm going to pass on modesto for sunday.

jscalecrawler 11-16-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2745132)
Hey Chris, it's the old bridge that takes you into old town (sutter st) folsom. If your coming down folsom auburn to greenback (light, union 76 on right chevron on left) you'd turn left instead of going straight over the new bridge and it's on the left on the other side of the bridge, hard to see down there going this direction. Pay parking on the right or free parking on the left. A little walk down there. I've never been but have seen guys comping down there.

I think Chris and I are going to try it on Thursday if anyone's interested. Gordy says it's kind of the same as the spots we hit in Rocklin but I've heard it was pretty good for scalers except for the walk. Either Wed or Thursday works for me and forecast looks for rain friday through sunday so I'm going to pass on modesto for sunday.

i can go wensday forsure thursday depends on wut time i get off work ard 7am thurs morning.

jscalecrawler 11-16-2010 01:11 PM

i can go wensday forsure wut time you lookn at?

fvrr 11-16-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2745317)
i can go wensday forsure wut time you lookn at?

I've got a Dr appt 9:45 should be done 10:15 be there 10:30 :lmao: Chris can you make it tomorrow instead of Thurs?

brokennib 11-16-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2745334)
I've got a Dr appt 9:45 should be done 10:15 be there 10:30 :lmao: Chris can you make it tomorrow instead of Thurs?

I could do that. "thumbsup"

jscalecrawler 11-16-2010 03:22 PM

ya snds good ard 1030 at bridge. wich side of river is it on? greenback side or old folsom side?

fvrr 11-16-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2745561)
ya snds good ard 1030 at bridge. wich side of river is it on? greenback side or old folsom side?

Folsom side. If you park in the parking lot on the folsom side walk towards the bridge and find a way down on the right before the footbridge. I've never been down there but should be straight forward :roll: Or we can all meet in the parking lot and go from there. If you park across the street it will be pay to park

jscalecrawler 11-16-2010 06:23 PM

oh ok i was jus ther sunday takin engagment pic. ill b ther at 1030. we can meet at parkin lot or under bridge.

Big Bill 11-17-2010 08:13 PM

Any of you guys down for a comp. the day after Thanksgiving?? Finally back in Elk Grove for the time being and need a scale fix. Iam thinking Quarry Park, I will set the course if there is enough interest. Your old ladies will be out spending your money, you might as well come out and have some fun. Come on Gordy,Martin ,Miles and you other SAC guys lets work off so of that bird from the day before. *EDIT* Iam looking for another SCX-10 roller or partial rig for another project, any body have anything??? Thanks.

fvrr 11-17-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2748105)
Any of you guys down for a comp. the day after Thanksgiving?? Finally back in Elk Grove for the time being and need a scale fix. Iam thinking Quarry Park, I will set the course if there is enough interest. Your old ladies will be out spending your money, you might as well come out and have some fun. Come on Gordy,Martin ,Miles and you other SAC guys lets work off so of that bird from the day before. *EDIT* Iam looking for another SCX-10 roller or partial rig for another project, any body have anything??? Thanks.

Hey Big B no ones parting with scalers nowadays as it seems to be the hot ticket :lmao: Just picked up a mrc for my 1.9 samurai build, just waiting on the bodies to show up :roll: I'm in but where is QP? Several of us hit rocklin saturday and 3 of us hit rainbow bridge today and they were ok for about 1/2 a pack.. Give us directions to QP and we can check it out before next friday. Or Folsom Point for me seems to be 1st on the list "thumbsup"

jscalecrawler 11-18-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2748105)

ya sounds fun wheres QP at? I gta work that night so as long as we start early..