LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #381
Rock Stacker

Lol the Reno comp sounds fun specaily if it's in the snow lol but very cold
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #382
Rock Stacker

Well good news Martin the date is December 4th my guess is that the water would be frozen. If you look on eBay you can find people selling the slash 4x4 servo for 15 bucks that's what I have in mine and it works great. I also found the vxl speed control for as cheap as 50 bucks and agian that's what I have in mine. Then u could just get a waterproof project box from radio shack or a rustler receiver box. My slash 4x4 box only fits my spectrum receiver it's super small I'm not sure how much bigger a rustler one is. I'm not sure on the vxl if the sensor port is waterproof if you wanted to run a brushless sensored motor I have ran my vxl motor in my scaler and it is really jumpy at low speeds.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #383
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson View Post
Well good news Martin the date is December 4th my guess is that the water would be frozen. If you look on eBay you can find people selling the slash 4x4 servo for 15 bucks that's what I have in mine and it works great. I also found the vxl speed control for as cheap as 50 bucks and agian that's what I have in mine. Then u could just get a waterproof project box from radio shack or a rustler receiver box. My slash 4x4 box only fits my spectrum receiver it's super small I'm not sure how much bigger a rustler one is. I'm not sure on the vxl if the sensor port is waterproof if you wanted to run a brushless sensored motor I have ran my vxl motor in my scaler and it is really jumpy at low speeds.
Does that VXL have a drag brake?
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #384
Rock Stacker

I'm not 100% sure maybe very little. But I have zero issues with my setup for braking and if there is one it's not adjustable. Something I did was create a tiny bit more tension in my spur pinion mesh to create a little more drag on the drive terrain.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #385
Pebble Pounder

oh ok thx ill hav to check into the box from radio shack thn..
Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #386
Rock Stacker

I bet frys would have then also maybe a larger selection.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #387
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I bet frys would have then also maybe a larger selection.
ok kool ya ill check ther first i like it better
Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #388
RCC Addict

Quote:

Yep, I'm heading to reno on the 3rd but my daughter wants to go to circus circus for her BD. Bill and Chris may be heading to their first comp. I may swing by on the way home. I don't know how those servos work compared to my 7955 7950 and the 5955 I just put into the camo rig. I know you can silicon the crap out of the servos but again, submerging my rig or running it in mud just doesn't look or sound fun to me Did each once in my 1:1's and never again Or maybe I'm just getting old
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #389
RCC Addict

OK for friday, let's plan on meeting at taco bell at 9-9:30 then we can head to the site up the road. The wind was blowing today and it was cold so make sure you bring your jackets and gloves! For directions google folsom point folsom ca and zoom in and you will see taco bell in the lower right. It's less than 1/2 mile from the light to folsom point.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #390
Rock Crawler

This is the GPS info for the parking lot where we will be:N 38 41.925-W121 07.649. Like Martin said it was very cold there today, bring gloves, and warm outer wear. If any of you guys have some extra gates could you please bring them. I have enough for a 14 gate course but would like to have two courses at the same time. Thanks
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #391
Rock Crawler

Well we have our first "official" scale comp. on the books. We had 11 drivers and two courses set up course one was a feel good course that everyone did real well on, course two was set-up by Lance who was visiting from Utah and he showed us how the Utards do it. The scores after the first course where very close but course two separated the men from the boys. Thanks to Martin who helped me set this up and everyone that came out and to Lance for the help with how a scale event should be run and scored. See everyone at the next one.

1. Lance -44
2. Gordy +11
3. Bill +16
4. Phil+21
5. Scott+ 22
6. Joe+32
7. Martin+32
8. Brad+59
9. Jason+61
10.Alanus+69
11 Jaryd

Actually we had 12 drivers,but I didnt get Miles score sheet. Sorry Miles

Last edited by Big Bill; 11-27-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #392
Quarry Creeper

Default Thanks

Hey thanks for the chance to run with you guys. That's a great place to hold comps. Sorry for course two it was crazy. Next time I come to visit I expect to get worked by you guys. Thanks again had a great time wish I could have been able to stay longer.
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Well we have our first "official" scale comp. on the books. We had 11 drivers and two courses set up course one was a feel good course that everyone did real well on, course two was set-up by Lance who was visiting from Utah and he showed us how the Utards do it. The scores after the first course where very close but course two separated the men from the boys. Thanks to Martin who helped me set this up and everyone that came out and to Lance for the help with how a scale event should be run and scored. See everyone at the next one.

1. Lance -4
2. Gordy +11
3. Bill +16
4. Phil+21
5. Scott+ 22
6. Joe+32
7. Martin+32
8. Brad+59
9. Jason+61
10.Alanus+69
11 Jaryd

Actually we had 12 drivers,but I didnt get Miles score sheet. Sorry Miles
na its all good ... i only ran the first course and im pretty sure i was at -20

Last edited by miles; 11-27-2010 at 12:08 AM.
miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #394
Pebble Pounder

The comp was a blast. cant wait tell the next one. hopefully i wont roll over as much.

Gordy you gna post any pic u took?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #395
Rock Stacker

That sounded like fun sorry I had to work I hope I can make it to the next one Is there anyone that's interested in crawling on Sunday anywhere just let me know my father and I would like to crawl.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #396
RCC Addict

Quote:
That sounded like fun sorry I had to work I hope I can make it to the next one Is there anyone that's interested in crawling on Sunday anywhere just let me know my father and I would like to crawl.
Hey Tom, there is suppose to be 6-10 guys heading to the lake sunday. If you don't have gordy's number I'll txt it to you. Some of the guys who were out yesterday will be out again tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #397
Rock Stacker

Thanks Martin yeah either text me his number or just give me an idea what time and I can be there if it's at Folsom point I'm sure I know where that is lol
Old 11-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #398
RCC Addict

Default Black Friday Trail Comp GTG

Here a some pictures from our first non official comp on Black Friday 2010 I forgot to take a group picture before we started.

Thanks to Bill for stepping up and getting the scale comp rolling. Also thanks to everyone who came out, hope everyone had fun I know I did

Then several of us spent a hour or so doing a trail run

Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #399
Rock Crawler

Great pictures Martin, thanks for taking them and posting them up
Old 11-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #400
Rock Stacker

I talked to Gordy and he said he is going to be there at 10 but my father and I are gonna go a little early if anyone wants to meet up were going to meet at taco bell at 9 and head in to Folsom.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM