Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #441
Rock Crawler

Whoah, it was gett'in a little tense around here, getting wound up tighter than a cheap watch!
I always try to remember that in the end their just toy trucks.... freak'in expensive toy trucks, but it's still cheaper than therapy.
Anyway, if i decide not to freeze my ass off in Reno, id love to swing by and check it out... Are you guys open on Sunday?
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #442

ya boyz and gal!!!! lets Just HOOK EM UP and have a good ol fashion truck pull and let the rigs do the talkin!!!! easy e im takin you and ROCK PATROL down!!!!!!!!!!!
dylanger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #443
Rock Stacker

I also would like to apologize for blowing it out of porporsion but when I read losimadmans post it just irritated me in that way that required a response. I agree that this is for fun and I couldn't fathom why someone was getting pissed and running off at the fingure tip about someones opinion. I can't wait to check out ht setup.
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #444
I wanna be Dave

YES OPEN EVERY DAYI WILL BE ADDING SOME TRAILS TONITE AFTER WORK.
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #445
Rock Stacker

Sounds good zonkerd I'm gonna try and set something up on Sunday probably come out and check it out maybe if some other people want to come out also make it a gtg.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #446

Default wow

Hey i have been out there with my rigs 2.2 and 1.9 . that whole course can be done with either tire i did it ! it was fun and ya really hard with 1.9 but i did it you just have to pick good lines have your truck set up and know what it can do ! i spent about 2.5 hrs out there its a good place for us to go when the weather is bad ! no one else has done that for us scalers since ft closed in citrus heights ! And i think that losi dude shouldnt let his mouth overload his azz ! you dont know who is on the other side of the computer ! just fyi dude ! thats all i got to say about that ! so does any one want to trade my metal axles for a set of axial axels but they have to have alum. c's on them let me know
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #447
I wanna be Dave

SOUNDS GOOD
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #448

Thanks E, haha yes place is open 7 days a week an everyone is welcome! Hope to see some sick scaler action! I might have to pick up a scaler my self
bubba ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #449
Rock Stacker

any body want to do a get together end of next week sometime?? at hobby town or folsom? ill be back from school and should have my comanche done cross your fingers....haha
grant00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #450
Rock Crawler

these just came in, my heap has a new set of shoes.... I have to break then in this weekend. Man these things are huge!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #451
Rock Stacker

Very nice
Old 12-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #452
Pebble Pounder

nice i wanna get a set
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #453
RCC Addict

Wow, I go to bed early and come back to this this afternoon. There are a few of us who go to different spots we've heard of to check it out for ourselves. The last few weeks, 2 in rocklin and rainbow bridge. Some like the spots some don't. I personally didn't. My opion Gordy and I were out to HT rocklin last month to check it out and saw some lines that looked like it would be scaler friendly then I see on the HT rocklin thread that it was being reworked. I was actually going to meet jscalecrawler out there this week but couldn't make it. He post his opinion. I heard Elio was going to try and set up some scale lines which is cool as it would be nice to have a place indoors during the weather. Even when Gordy helped rework FT in CH to be more scale friendly it was still hard for 1.9 especially but oh well, a place to GTG. I've seen a lot of threads go bad for no reason. We are just scaler who want to get something going in the area to have fun! So with that said everyone running scalers NEED interiors! Ftoy interior is done now panels and electronics and we're rolling!

Anyone have ideas for speakers? I've got a few spots in the honcho interior that could use speakers

Chris, I thought those were 4.7 the same as the RL but obviously not.

Last edited by fvrr; 12-03-2010 at 03:53 PM.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #454
Rock Crawler

oh yeah, these dudes are a bit taller, in fact i'm going to have to figure out ways to get some more clearance on the front.....

Old 12-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #455
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
oh yeah, these dudes are a bit taller, in fact i'm going to have to figure out ways to get some more clearance on the front.....

Best thing to do is give me your address and I'll swing by and take them off your hands as they will never work with that truck but I'm pretty sure I'll get them to work on the ftoy But I was going to get a set for the the toy to run 1.9s. I need a reason to get a set of VP ssz's
Old 12-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #456
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Best thing to do is give me your address and I'll swing by and take them off your hands as they will never work with that truck but I'm pretty sure I'll get them to work on the ftoy But I was going to get a set for the the toy to run 1.9s. I need a reason to get a set of VP ssz's
Thanks for the kind offer, but I'll just have to sweat it out with these...
By the way, what are ssz's?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #457
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
By the way, what are ssz's?
Here you go http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258507
Old 12-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #458
Rock Crawler

Quote:
nice!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #459
RCC Addict

BTW Chris a couple of guys were running those at the comp last week and Lance from UT was saying some of the guys in UT cut the small lugs out and they worked great. You still heading up with bill? I wish I could go but too many things this weekend.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #460
Rock Crawler

Quote:
BTW Chris a couple of guys were running those at the comp last week and Lance from UT was saying some of the guys in UT cut the small lugs out and they worked great. You still heading up with bill? I wish I could go but too many things this weekend.
Naw, i talked to Bill this morning, I'd really love to go, but getting over the pass is still a little iffy. So I'll be local this weekend. Probably hit hobbytown tomorrow to check it out.
Getting rid of some of these lugs is probably a good idea, I know these guys cut up the 1:1 versions.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM