where did u get that body at......it look bad ass...i want one
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro333300.htm

Thanks
grant00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #482
Rock Crawler

Default G6 pics 12-4-10

here are some pics from yesterday, the orange tubed honcho belongs to Captain Axial and the land rover rebuilt the tranny in the middle of course 1 to finish

brad "had" to walk through the water

i got a gate and a boundary trying to enter this section, not to smart

headed to gate 54

not too deep

the only chance i had for pictures on course were of that damn land rover.

this was great fun and the chili and cornbread were awesome jph

Last edited by sumquak; 12-05-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spaces
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #483
Rock Crawler

Awesome pictures John, Iam sorry I pussed out and didnt attemp to trip over the pass.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #484
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman1907 View Post
that suck bro...i have the pager for work...will call or text me so we can go crawling some time.....where do u live...im in rocklin
Make sure you swap #'s with gordy, i forget who people are until I actually meet them. I live in folsom

Wow, now I get a better idea of how long the course was due to pic to gate 54 Looks like the weather "IN" Reno held up but guessing 80 would have been hit and miss. Make sure you keep us updated on the next runs up there as I sometimes forget to hit the NV section and Recon site. BTW what was the average time for the course?

Last edited by fvrr; 12-05-2010 at 03:28 PM.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #485
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
BTW what was the average time for the course?

fvrr, the full write up will be posted today with accurate time averages, but off the top of my head;

Stage 1-48:00 mins
Stage 2-No time
Stage 3-34:00 mins

This is adjusted time averages, not actual run time. Only one driver on Stage 1 came in under 30 min., while others took over an hour.

I hope to see ya'll at the next one and I'll be sure to post up a link in here for you guys.

-Parker
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #486
Rock Crawler

Great pix John!!! By the looks of all your pix, you have a thing for my U.K. rig!!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #487
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
fvrr, the full write up will be posted today with accurate time averages, but off the top of my head;

Stage 1-48:00 mins
Stage 2-No time
Stage 3-34:00 mins

This is adjusted time averages, not actual run time. Only one driver on Stage 1 came in under 30 min., while others took over an hour.

I hope to see ya'll at the next one and I'll be sure to post up a link in here for you guys.

-Parker

Thanks Brian, more mud and water than I normally drive in and normally run 1320's which last 45-60 min but have a couple 2100's or a bunch of larger packs I can use, just need to make room for them. Well getting ready to start on 2 more trucks so one of them will be water proof. Looks like another great day and like stated earlier, several of us hope to get to the next couple/few
Old 12-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Make sure you swap #'s with gordy, i forget who people are until I actually meet them. I live in folsom

Wow, now I get a better idea of how long the course was due to pic to gate 54 Looks like the weather "IN" Reno held up but guessing 80 would have been hit and miss. Make sure you keep us updated on the next runs up there as I sometimes forget to hit the NV section and Recon site. BTW what was the average time for the course?

yeah i have he #....just got back from HT.....had alot of fun.....just my front drive line keeps popping off.....
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #489
I wanna be Dave

The Nevada G6 Challenge took place Saturday at Mayberry Crossing Park in Reno, NV. R.E.C.O.N Crawlers hosted the G6 scale rally and what RECON brought to the scale table flipped the f-ing table over! Drivers faced 3 Stages marked with 100 navigational gates that guided drivers through, over, and under obstacles. Along the stage was several time bonus sections that a must clean unassisted to be rewarded with a time bonus. Also, on a stage was a “special” skill section that was marked with a boundary and tested a driver’s knowledge of mud, rocks, sand, and snow.

I will attempt to describe the day in words, but honestly, all I want to do is scream with unadulterated adrenalin to the world that I love my scaler and I need my next fix of the G6!

The day started with drivers teching their scalers and then immediately placing them in the impound lot. From there and driver was paired with a stage buddy; a fellow driver who accompanies the driver on stage filling out the drivers score card as infractions occur.

For this G6, drivers started every 5 minutes behind each other, so there were several drivers on running a stage simultaneously and passes did happen. When a driver caught another driver, the slower driver yielded and a clean pass was made, but that did not mean that the faster driver finished with a better time, because there is no “hand of God” in a G6 Challenge. If the faster driver did not have a winch and had to use the penalty winch; it was a 3 minute penalty and those time penalties wrecked havoc on the adjusted time.

RECON’s roving reporter, Max Driver, was covering the first ever G6 and encouraging drivers to “DO WORK”. One such driver was Cole Bailey. Cole trashed a transmission on stage 1 and repaired it on stage, because a rig cannot leave the stage unless it’s a DNF.
One hour and twenty-five minutes later, Cole finished stage 1. I could not be prouder of him. Cole and his Dad ran the same scale Land Rover at my request. I needed the Intel for an upcoming G6 team challenge.

I’m spent and my mind will not slow down for me to type. Here is the G6 in a nutshell…

Holy Shit, are you kidding me………100 gates
OMG, OMG, OMG!!

My Honcho is completely under water, bad line driver! And I do remember saying there would not be any submarining….PARKER, YOUR SCALE CHERRY HAS JUST BEEN POPPED!!!!!

WAR PIG look what you have started!

Congrats to the podium finishers.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first ever G6, you have made RECON history yet again.

Spucknit, world class chili, THANK YOU!!!!!

Stage one is complete and you can throw a 30 second blanket over the top drivers, UNBELEIVEABLE.

The over and under for stage one was 30 minutes….Average stage 1 time……43:27.

After the 5 penalty winch penalties and 3 mins each, 30.00 dollars is not bad for a winch.

After seeing a 30.00 winch burn up and that driver using the penalty winch, hmmmm SERVO WINCH!

After seeing a servo winch burn up, hmmmmm, DRIVE SMARTER!!!!!

A driver running out of battery at gate 29 out of 100 and having to charge his battery while drivers, including myself, drove around his rig….F-ING AWESOME.

Driving 100 gates on a 1100 mah 3 cell with no lipo cut off set…..HELL YEAH, I’m getting my kicks in the Nevada G6!

If you love to drive your scale r/c crawler, than don’t miss the next RECON hosted G6. Yes, the G6 is a timed event, but being a smart driver, knowing your scaler, being able to navigate, and most importantly; knowing how to have FUN, is how you do well in a G6 Challenge.

The winner of the G6, Rhett Mora, drove a leaf sprung hilux Toyota. The G6 is an adventure in r/c scale comps that shows no prejudice to what you drive. You have to experience one to “get it”.

As with any new format, there were some small hiccups that will be addressed. The time loss of stage 2 sucked, so next G6 there will be a back up. Special skill sections will be colored differently than time bonus sections. Minor stuff that I noticed as an organizer that I’ll change with the help of a never tiring staff to make the next G6 even better…I can’t imagine better, my cheeks still hurt from laughing all day.

Big PROPS to everyone who helped set up. I love you guys and gals and we achieve greatness together.

I miss the G6 already and can’t wait for the next one.

I am a Scaler, thank you War Pig, you have created a MONSTER.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #490
I wanna be Dave

The Nevada G6 Challenge pitted scale drivers against 2 rigorous stages of scale rally trials that tested both man and machine.

Here are the first ever G6 results:

Stage 1

1. Skeeno..........38:10
2. Danial............38:30
3. Parker............38:42
4. Rhett.............40:40
5. Jeremy...........41:26
6. Brad..............46:09
7. Stuart...........48:22
8. John..............51.40
9. Cole...............1:25:44
10. Steve..........2:00:00
11. Hi-C............2:00:00

Average time for Stage 1.....43:27*

Stage 2

(no stage 2 times due to equipement failure)

Stage 3

1. Rhett...........30:04
2. Jeremy.........36:02
3. Skeeno.........38:02
4. Stuart..........39:17
5. Brad.............39:38
6. Cole.............40:04
7. John.............40:16
8. Danial...........43:30
9. Parker..........2:00:00
10. Steve.........2:00:00
11. Hi-C...........2:00:00

Average time for Stage 2.......38:31*

G6 Overall

1. Rhett............1:10:44
2. Skeeno..........1:16:12
3. Jeremy..........1:17:28
4. Danial............1:22:00
5. Brad.............1:25:47
6. Stuart...........1:27:39
7. John..............1:31:56
8. Cole...............2:05:38
9. Parker............2:38:42
10.Steve............4:00:00
11. Hi-C.............4:00:00

Average overall G6 time.....1:22:00*

Thanks to all the drivers, volunteers, and spectators for the making the first ever G6 an event that will always be etched in RECON history.

* Average times are based on 8 drivers, not all 11 due to several DNF's on the stage.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #491
I wanna be Dave

Here is a drivers point of view, (mine), of Saturdays G6 challenge.

As I was getting the count down to start, I was fricking nervous. I just watched a truck struggle at gate 1, GATE 1, there is frickin 100 gates and I’m worried about the first one. GO! OH SHIT, do work lil' lexus. (That’s my Axial backed Honcho) and yes I compete in the G6 with a kayak on the roof rack.

It was pimpin right up to hitting a rock with the front bumper that stopped all forward progression; except for the kayak that shot off the truck, down the rock hill and lost in a crack. EMBARRASSING is putting it lightly.

Around gate 30, I started to settle into a good pace until I seen a truck in sitting in the middle of a technical section so I quickly spot a possible line around the “out of gas” truck and SH!T, I’m over on my side and need the penalty winch. 3 minutes in half a second, reminds me of my sex life. STAY FOCUSED!

I get around the truck that belonged to Steve who was charging the only battery that he brought and caught up to the hoity toity Land Rover driven by Cole Bailey. Reports from Max Driver was that Cole broke the tranny and had repaired it to get back in the action. My Axial Honcho made short work of the Land Rover and walked up Horse power hill that I had heard was giving drivers a hard time.

By this time, I’m around gate 66 thinking, Damn, I’m tired and here comes the second time bounus….a mud put with turns. Not bad, the Roc Locs ate up the Nevada mud and we headed to the mandatory reverse section. No issues here, I’m always stuck in reverse.

I realized at gate 82 that my lipo cut off was not set on the Mamba Max, but I was a man on mission. You see, Stuart G. the G stands for Great Chili Chef, did not think a sub 30 min stage was possible. HA! 28 minutes and some change; I DID IT!!!!! What? Adjusted time, add penalties, but what about my 2 min bonus time….NOOOOOOOOO, my Stage 1 “adjusted” time…..38:42. Must drive smarter.

Stage 2 was an adventure. I broke a passenger side C. Repaired it with the help of Skeeno and Hi-C. I submarined lil’ lexus in a time bonus. Managed to change and run my spare in the mandatory spare tire skill section. Finished, barely, just to find out the computer crashed and we lost all Stage 2 times. Luckily there had only been 3 finishers, but the remaining drivers were out on the Stage.

Stage 3 for me lasted 8 gates until I lost the receiver and had to DNF stage 3. NO WORRIES, here. I had a blast. I want more G6. I love this format and with a couple of tweaks, some scaler love, and the help of friends and family, we are going to have a helluva 2011 in G6 Scaler Heaven!!!!

Thank you everyone for all the help, on stage and off. I look forward to reading your G6 experiences and I will see you at the next one.

-Parker
Old 12-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #492
Rock Stacker

ehhhhh pics no worky?? ^^
Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #493
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant00 View Post
ehhhhh pics no worky?? ^^

Oh yeah, those aren't pics, they are custom smileys, but I'm working on some pics for your viewing pleasure.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #494
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Oh yeah, those aren't pics, they are custom smileys, but I'm working on some pics for your viewing pleasure.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #495

Ok went out hobby town in rocklin sunday and spent about 5 hrs out there had a good time they really did a good job on making it a lot more scaler freindly ! I think at one point we had about 8 or 9 scalers going out there it was fun brock a few times but got it fixed and was back out thanks to the ht guys for use of the drill press and tap n die ! Got my rig back out ! And want to say thanks to grant for the new tires and tom for the servo horn much appreciated ! Hope I got the names right I'm terrible with that ! Lol . I think we should try and get a meetup going at hobby town next weekend if the weather is bad ! If not folsom point ! On another point I'm getting ready to build a class 1 scaler and I'm woundering if anyone else is interested in the same class please show a sign of hands ! Don't want to be the only one we are really startn to get together hear on this scaler stuff and would like to have a rig for each class.
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #496
Rock Stacker

What's a class 1 scaler
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #497
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson View Post
What's a class 1 scaler
X2... classes?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #498
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson View Post
What's a class 1 scaler
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant00 View Post
X2... classes?

Scale rules committee press release!

These are not yet finalized and only if you plan on hitting national event's. Each club have their own set of rules but if you ever want to go to the nationals which has been in Helena, MT the last few years then the national rules will apply. Like this last weekend in Reno, it was their first and I believe they asked a few clubs and came up with a set of rules for the recon group. Once we get our act together here in Sac hopefully we can get something going but there is nothing wrong with guys who just want to GTG and just play with our toys

This is just what i know and by no means involved with anything. i just kind of like to know what's up before starting my next rig. What I thought my #2 and #3 rigs would be C2 and C3 now both fall into C3 so I'll only be able to run 1 of them. I'm guessing my JK will be able to fit into C2
Old 12-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #499
Rock Stacker

YeAh my jk I'm guessing is a class 3 but I believe the blazer miles has would be a class 1. I cannot honestly make a decision if I would purchase a class 1 scaler I may purchase a class 2 scaler but with the wideners on my jk it makes it a class 3 I might as well put 2.2s on it lol
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #500
Pebble Pounder

Default 12-12-10 Folsom Lake

Folsom Lake dalton point 12-12-10 I was told about a little get together at around 10 AM
Just thought I would spread the word.
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM