Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #521
I wanna be Dave

SaWeet, Hi-C was interested in these for his bronco, I think they may be a good choice.

Thank you.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #522
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZE004 View Post
Hey guys, as those I've wheeled with know, I need more wheel speed. I have the trans (R2) out to grease it and see that I have an 8 tooth pinion. I have the 55 turn crawler motor in it and I'm not trying to be too fast (that should be obvious), what pinion would you suggest? I have the spare 45 turn motor but not sure how good it is or if it would make much difference. A little help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

p.s. If you wheel this Sat I might make it. Gotta put the crawler back together, but Sunday is out. I'll keep checking the site to see what you decide.

Hey Mike, I think we met a few saturdays ago. I had a 55 with 14 pinion and switched to 17 or 18 and made a big difference but still not a lot of top end. I'm switching to 3s pretty soon and that will get me even more top end keeping the low end where I want it. The first time I put a 3s in my bully I couldn't believe how fast that thing ran.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #523

Default new body

how need a new body....im getting a RC4WD scale crawler Nissan pathfinder body.....i will get it on saturday............just hit me up.....
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #524
Rock Stacker

Hey mike I have that axial 27turn motor if you want to try it out from my understanding the r2 transmission has a really low gear ratio so maybe just going up to a higher turn motor might fix your problem.
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #525

hey how can i post pic up...lol.....
Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #526
Rock Stacker

Pphotobucket is how I do it just copy the img code and post that after u upload it to photobucket first
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #527
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson View Post
Pphotobucket is how I do it just copy the img code and post that after u upload it to photobucket first
X2.... just copy the image code from photobucket after you upload it there
grant00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #528
Rock Crawler

Or you could buy a Star and help support this awesome site. Italso has other advantages besides letting you post pictures.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #529

my new paint job....

Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #530
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=wiseman1907;2783140]my new paint job.

nice !! i wanna get a new body
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #531

[QUOTE=jscalecrawler;2783822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman1907 View Post
my new paint job.

nice !! i wanna get a new body

what body r u looking for.....im geting a new RC4WD nissan t-pathfinder body in the mail...
Old 12-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #532
Pebble Pounder

i want something that nobody really has so im not sure yet jus want somethg different then evrybody else. found an 80s 4runner body but its ard 100$
Old 12-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #533
Pebble Pounder

my esc is actn up so i gta look at getn another one 1st tho
Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #534
Pebble Pounder

jus so evryone knows Nimbus dam is good for about 10 mins nless you r into hill climbing or mudin
Old 12-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #535
Rock Stacker

Hopefully you all will see this post but I'm back in town as of tonight and I need my scaling fix so... I will be out at Folsom Point at 1 p.m. tomorrow!!

Hope to see some people there!!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #536
Quarry Creeper

Default Water Proofing

Fvrr asked me to post up how to water proof. Here's a pretty good thread on the subject. Water Proofing Electronics I have never water proofed a servo they seem to work fine in the water. I use ballons to water proof they are smaller and easier in my opinion. Just throw youre esc. and bec. in and I silicone the opening then zip tie it. I usually use two ballons just to be safe same proccess twice. Do the same with youre rec. and winch control. As for lipos they get fat if in the water too much so I use that tool dip stuff dip them and that works good. If you want to water froof the servo The oregon guys pack them with water proof grease. Good luck.

Here's a link to the Utah rules and reg. http://utrcrc.freeforums.org/2011-ut...ules-t642.html
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #537
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=madscrambler;2784232]Fvrr asked me to post up how to water proof. Here's a pretty good thread on the subject. Water Proofing Electronics I have never water proofed a servo they seem to work fine in the water. I use ballons to water proof they are smaller and easier in my opinion. Just throw youre esc. and bec. in and I silicone the opening then zip tie it. I usually use two ballons just to be safe same proccess twice. Do the same with youre rec. and winch control. As for lipos they get fat if in the water too much so I use that tool dip stuff dip them and that works good. If you want to water froof the servo The oregon guys pack them with water proof grease. Good luck.

have you evr herd of a esc getn hot cus it was n a balloon?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #538
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
Fvrr asked me to post up how to water proof. Here's a pretty good thread on the subject. Water Proofing Electronics I have never water proofed a servo they seem to work fine in the water. I use ballons to water proof they are smaller and easier in my opinion. Just throw youre esc. and bec. in and I silicone the opening then zip tie it. I usually use two ballons just to be safe same proccess twice. Do the same with youre rec. and winch control. As for lipos they get fat if in the water too much so I use that tool dip stuff dip them and that works good. If you want to water froof the servo The oregon guys pack them with water proof grease. Good luck.

Here's a link to the Utah rules and reg. http://utrcrc.freeforums.org/2011-ut...ules-t642.html
Hi Lance, thanks for posting up the rules that you guys are using. Will you still use these after the "national set of rules " are decided upon?? Anyway are you going to be back for the Christmas holidays its not that far of a drive?? Happy Holidays
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #539
Rock Stacker

change of plans but I wont be out at folsom point today. dont feel like going in this weather. but... Ill be out thursday with a friend who works at HT in Folsom and were going to go to HT in rocklin as well. all in one day. anyone who wants to join is welcome
Old 12-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #540
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant00 View Post
change of plans but I wont be out at folsom point today. dont feel like going in this weather. but... Ill be out thursday with a friend who works at HT in Folsom and were going to go to HT in rocklin as well. all in one day. anyone who wants to join is welcome
wut time you you guys think you mite b at HT in Rocklin. i mite swing by for an hr or 2

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM