Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #541
Rock Crawler

Finally got a chance to get this winch mounted and working with the thrid channel on my radio. Not to bad but it really doesnt have all that much power, will have to make up a "snatch" block to double the pull power. Also made up one of those pull-pal things, not being a 1:1 guy Iam not sure if this is how they should be built.
Attached Images

Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #542
Pebble Pounder

very nice i need one of those hook you put on rocks.

tobucket.com/albums/m545/jasonscaler/crawler%20pic/pb005.jpg[/IMG] heres some pic of my rig i finally figured out PB.. i think..

Last edited by jscalecrawler; 12-08-2010 at 03:05 PM.
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #543
Pebble Pounder

im gna cut this body so my 2.2s fit on it better gna get another body for these 1.9s
Old 12-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #544
Pebble Pounder

how strong is brazing would it hold up if i built a rollcage for a k5 body?

Last edited by jscalecrawler; 12-08-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #545
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
wut time you you guys think you mite b at HT in Rocklin. i mite swing by for an hr or 2
maybe around noon. Ill let you know later tonight
grant00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #546
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Finally got a chance to get this winch mounted and working with the thrid channel on my radio. Not to bad but it really doesnt have all that much power, will have to make up a "snatch" block to double the pull power. Also made up one of those pull-pal things, not being a 1:1 guy Iam not sure if this is how they should be built.
Damm Bill, your original 3racing hook is still on Mine broke the first time out without even using it. After reading the G6 stuff I'm trying to find the guy who made the pull pall that actually folded up for storage. If your making a snatch block make a extra or two
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #547
Pebble Pounder

Default brazing

Quote:
how strong is brazing would it hold up if i built a roll cage for a k5 body?
Brazing is very strong if you use the correct material. If you are going to do a exo-cage I would use 1/8 music wire
if you are doing a cage in the cab you could use brass rod and just use silver solider to hold it together.
You need to get the heat just right so it flows good. if you have never done it before you should practice a little first.
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #548
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwalker View Post
Brazing is very strong if you use the correct material. If you are going to do a exo-cage I would use 1/8 music wire
if you are doing a cage in the cab you could use brass rod and just use silver solider to hold it together.
You need to get the heat just right so it flows good. if you have never done it before you should practice a little first.
ok thx for tips ya never done anything like it. anyone wanna give me some lessons? lol
Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #549
Rock Stacker

Quote:
ok thx for tips ya never done anything like it. anyone wanna give me some lessons? lol
stainless brakeline works really well too. and its cheap. Thats what I did for mine. We'll be out at HT in Rocklin probably about 12:30. if that changes ill post up here later tonight. I can give you some pointers on what I used to make mine if you come
Old 12-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #550

Default new tries

im going to get new 1.9 tries.....but which one r good....

pro-line super swamper TSL

RC4WD rok lox comp

RC4WD trail buster

RC4WD super swamper TSL/BOGGER

so which one ?.......
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #551
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman1907 View Post

RC4WD rok lox comp

RC4WD trail buster

so which one ?.......
I'm biased to the Rok lox
Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #552
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=jscalecrawler;2784252]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
Fvrr asked me to post up how to water proof. Here's a pretty good thread on the subject. Water Proofing Electronics I have never water proofed a servo they seem to work fine in the water. I use ballons to water proof they are smaller and easier in my opinion. Just throw youre esc. and bec. in and I silicone the opening then zip tie it. I usually use two ballons just to be safe same proccess twice. Do the same with youre rec. and winch control. As for lipos they get fat if in the water too much so I use that tool dip stuff dip them and that works good. If you want to water froof the servo The oregon guys pack them with water proof grease. Good luck.

have you evr herd of a esc getn hot cus it was n a balloon?
I run a 27 turn on 3 cells and have yet to get it so hot it thermals. The tekin FXR will handle it.

Not sure on the rules staying after the national rules come out but I don't think they will change much. As for travel I'm staying home for Christmas, but when I come down next I will for sure get with you guys agian.
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #553
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Damm Bill, your original 3racing hook is still on Mine broke the first time out without even using it. After reading the G6 stuff I'm trying to find the guy who made the pull pall that actually folded up for storage. If your making a snatch block make a extra or two
Ha Ha, yeah that thing is pretty wimpy, Iam going to change the string on the spool to light cable and try out a King Kong hook. Two snatch blocks coming up, as soon as I fing the thread on making them
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson View Post
Hey mike I have that axial 27turn motor if you want to try it out from my understanding the r2 transmission has a really low gear ratio so maybe just going up to a higher turn motor might fix your problem.

Thanks for the offer, but wouldn't it be too much wheel speed? I don't have any shock absorbing up travel, just full droop. I just want a little more wheel speed to cruise along with the trail runs a little better. Does one or two teeth on the pinion make much difference?
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #555
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman1907 View Post

RC4WD rok lox comp

RC4WD trail buster

so which one ?.......

Proline tsl are great but wish they were a little taller. Plus I'd put a little stiffer foam in them.

Rok lox are great

Boggers seem to work even better if the little lugs are cut out but I don't have those yet. They are pretty tall like the rok loxs so depending on what body your running. Brokenib just put a set on his truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZE004 View Post
Thanks for the offer, but wouldn't it be too much wheel speed? I don't have any shock absorbing up travel, just full droop. I just want a little more wheel speed to cruise along with the trail runs a little better. Does one or two teeth on the pinion make much difference?
I moved up 2 or 3 teeth and it helped a lot but still not as much as switching to 3s which is coming pretty soon.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #556
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=fvrr;2786885]Proline tsl are great but wish they were a little taller. Plus I'd put a little stiffer foam in them.

Rok lox are great.
And the stock rc4wd foams dont seem to be too bad either

Boggers seem to work even better if the little lugs are cut out but I don't have those yet. They are pretty tall like the rok loxs so depending on what body your running. Brokenib just put a set on his truck

yup, mine are breaking in quite nicley, and im really liking them. I havent cut out any lugs yet, i guess i'm too lazy.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #557
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Ha Ha, yeah that thing is pretty wimpy, Iam going to change the string on the spool to light cable and try out a King Kong hook. Two snatch blocks coming up, as soon as I fing the thread on making them
Man, you guys are going to force me to get mine running again, damn! I had a king kong hook for awhile, till I lost that thing in the woods somewhere, as a hook theyre so-so, I ended up using a barbless fishing hook, much cheaper , and you don't get too pissed off if you lose one.
Then I spooled up my winch with Spiderwire, the 50lb test lead. I am amazed at how well that stuff holds up, and the price wasn't too bad, considering how much you actually use.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #558
Rock Stacker

goin out to HT around 3. should be there by 4
Old 12-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #559
Pebble Pounder

does anyone know if lrp AI runner waterproof esc is any good?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Proline tsl are great but wish they were a little taller. Plus I'd put a little stiffer foam in them.

Rok lox are great

I moved up 2 or 3 teeth and it helped a lot but still not as much as switching to 3s which is coming pretty soon.

will i just order my 1.9 rc4wd super swamper......
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM