RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html)

VP Dan 09-30-2014 04:52 PM

Re: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

it is race time againhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...02388463eb8a4f

Sactown_Summit 09-30-2014 08:03 PM

Just saw you have to be a ROAR member to race. How much is the membership if purchased at the track?

VP Dan 09-30-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sactown_Summit (Post 4907826)
Just saw you have to be a ROAR member to race. How much is the membership if purchased at the track?

i think it is 20 for a day pass or 35 for the year "thumbsup"

Sactown_Summit 09-30-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan w (Post 4907857)
i think it is 20 for a day pass or 35 for the year "thumbsup"

Thanks!

minicrawlerguy530 10-05-2014 10:36 AM

Bald rock run next Sunday gentleman. I'm sure some of you have been there before. We have not yet setup a time or meeting place yet. Probably sonic or mickey D's would be the place to meet then head out. For those of you who haven't been to bald rock, its crawler heaven. Any and all crawlers are welcome and we will be going as long as we can.

xxx123 10-05-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minicrawlerguy530 (Post 4911695)
Bald rock run next Sunday gentleman. I'm sure some of you have been there before. We have not yet setup a time or meeting place yet. Probably sonic or mickey D's would be the place to meet then head out. For those of you who haven't been to bald rock, its crawler heaven. Any and all crawlers are welcome and we will be going as long as we can.

I am interested. any additional info? thx

minicrawlerguy530 10-05-2014 09:48 PM

What kind of info?

minicrawlerguy530 10-06-2014 05:41 PM

We will meet at sonic on Sunday morning. No word on time yet, then caravan up there

minicrawlerguy530 10-08-2014 01:40 AM

9:30 meet and greet at sonic in oroville this Sunday morning.

xxx123 10-08-2014 08:23 AM

Just want to share some info with our fellow crawlers. Went camping last week- PIPI CAMPGROUND; that is a nice place for scale crawlers. the rocks are perfect for scalers. Can crawl from the far back campsite to the front campsite entrance.

wheelin_weasel 10-10-2014 02:16 AM

Euro style comp????

I'm always interested In How other parts of the world enjoy their rc's so on YouTube they show a lot of indoor events where it's a huge dirt area and there are trails carved into the dirt with flags marking out the path. Does anybody know\do that here in sac or near sac? Thanks just looks interesting to me

minicrawlerguy530 10-10-2014 01:09 PM

The bald rock run is post poned until the Sunday after the u4 race in auburn. I'm trying to have a big group come out for the day, and a few people can't make it so same time of day and place, just 2 weeks later. I hope to see some peoe show up

Perkolator 10-13-2014 02:55 PM

Re: Euro style comp????

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelin_weasel (Post 4916109)
I'm always interested In How other parts of the world enjoy their rc's so on YouTube they show a lot of indoor events where it's a huge dirt area and there are trails carved into the dirt with flags marking out the path. Does anybody know\do that here in sac or near sac? Thanks just looks interesting to me

my guess is it's because the weather sucks everywhere else and you have to keep it indoors 9mo of the year :flipoff:
i haven't been in the RC hobby for long, but didn't Cap City RC (I think that's the name), when they used to be closer to Sac, have indoor crawler areas?
IIRC, there is an indoor crawler course up in Grass Valley(?)

wheelin_weasel 10-15-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perkolator (Post 4918826)
my guess is it's because the weather sucks everywhere else and you have to keep it indoors 9mo of the year :flipoff:
i haven't been in the RC hobby for long, but didn't Cap City RC (I think that's the name), when they used to be closer to Sac, have indoor crawler areas?
IIRC, there is an indoor crawler course up in Grass Valley(?)

I'm looking at the ones where it's just a giant pile of dirt basically with a road shoveled into it I don't know why but that looks fun to me ya know... No insane gates set up by anybody "jrock" and you can just cruise around and have fun

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E2piLFhjCVQ

xxx123 10-15-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelin_weasel (Post 4920500)
I'm looking at the ones where it's just a giant pile of dirt basically with a road shoveled into it I don't know why but that looks fun to me ya know... No insane gates set up by anybody "jrock" and you can just cruise around and have fun

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E2piLFhjCVQ

Only wish if fast track can mod the track; or hobby town can open a new indoor track again. The old track @ Pep Boys was nice.

Natedog 10-17-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxx123 (Post 4920556)
Only wish if fast track can mod the track; or hobby town can open a new indoor track again. The old track @ Pep Boys was nice.

LOL, all the crawler guys who went didn't want to pay to use the crawler course and then whined about everything...therefore no more crawler course at Fast Track...LHS has to make at least a little money to pay for AC/heat, lights and battery charging electricity. :flipoff:

BentMetaL 10-17-2014 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys are lucky to live in the Sac. area with all those scale spots just a few miles away. Who needs indoor that's what scaling is all about, get outside and trail with your friends!

xxx123 10-20-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 4922046)
LOL, all the crawler guys who went didn't want to pay to use the crawler course and then whined about everything...therefore no more crawler course at Fast Track...LHS has to make at least a little money to pay for AC/heat, lights and battery charging electricity. :flipoff:

Yes i totally understood got to pay to play, no free ride. But also fair to say there is a huge increase in "SCALE" crawling scene compared what we had in the past. Capital City is also closed. Once a month GSRCC or GTG is not enough. Hope these tracks owners will reconsider an indoor track. Even Sheldon has a small scale friendly place to chill when it rains. Fast track can make it a little bit more scale friendly and size it up. I am sure more family folks will appreciate the track and willing to pay for sure... just saying...

get r done 10-20-2014 08:41 PM

Where is the place in Sheldon? Im in Elk Grove and never heard of it. I would love a place close to home that my kid can go to and play.

Norton 10-20-2014 09:05 PM

Sheldon's Hobbies, San Jose. CA.