Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

thanks for scoping out a new area, we'll have to check it out.

Can you post some pic's of the area ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
alright all ,how about rolling hills middle school in el dorado hills wed or thurs evening this week. address is 7141 silva valley parkway.

been here a few times with my comp rig and it's great terrain for scalers also. i haven't had any issues with authority but i've only had a couple of guys there and only for about an hour each time.

the rocks pretty much surround the place but the south end is a place to start. being this is a public school please respect their zero tolerance policy and no alcohol on the grounds.

i have gates for 2 courses if you want or we can just free play as there is alot of terrain available. i think y'all will like this place.

post or pm me for any more info jph
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
alright all ,how about rolling hills middle school in el dorado hills wed or thurs evening this week. address is 7141 silva valley parkway.

been here a few times with my comp rig and it's great terrain for scalers also. i haven't had any issues with authority but i've only had a couple of guys there and only for about an hour each time.

the rocks pretty much surround the place but the south end is a place to start. being this is a public school please respect their zero tolerance policy and no alcohol on the grounds.

i have gates for 2 courses if you want or we can just free play as there is alot of terrain available. i think y'all will like this place.

post or pm me for any more info jph
Thanks John, I will be out of town Wed. but if you guys want to do Thrusday Iam in. Good to see you at Cisco Friday and Sat. too much fun. Wish you could have made the Scale event in Santa Rosa, it was a blast and you would have enjoyed it.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

i haven't figured out how to post pictures yet but try zooming in on google at the address and take a look, rocks are all around perimeter of school. rocks are about ten feet high and are accessable from above and below, some excellent side hilling around them provides good trail undulation.

i'll try to get by before wed to see how busy after school is around 5:00, they had a soccer tourny this weekend and the parking lot was pretty full sunday morn, but no one was on the south end where best access is to the rocks.

thursday sounds good anytime, i'll get a better idea after i see how busy it is and let you know jph
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Looks good John, you pick a time and I will be there.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #65
RCC Addict

That's close enough for me to run up there but can't do it this week. Damm, toys are in boxes and no time to get then out to play! Oh well, need to pay for this stuff and back yard before rain gets here. So what's been going on around town? How did sonoma turn out? Lets see pictures!
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Hey Martin, sorry you missed it. it was a great time.

there are pic's posted, go to the Compititions thread and look under the flat rock scale comp
Old 09-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

alright bill, i'll be there at six, silva valley and harvard has a stop light at the school. around back past the stairs has plenty of shade to get out of the sun. i can play till dark if anyone wants to show later, i think this place will surprise you. don't know how the drinking fountains are so bring some water c y'all tommorrow jph
Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Six it is Ill bring the shave cream.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

a few pics of the santarosa comp on Sunday. Over 35 trucks

IMG]http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/datsun510buckit/scale/duck013.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/datsun510buckit/scale/duck011.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by rockwalker; 09-02-2010 at 11:17 AM.
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Nice pictures rockwalker, I really like that green Honcho and I understand that the driver is an awesome guy. OK all of you Sac scale guys lets meet up tonight at the spot John found in El Dorado Hills, Derek, Martin, Gordy, Chad,Jay and all of you other guys are on notice. If you dont come out I have to give you this. The directions and time are in an above post, OK back to your regular programming.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #71
Pebble Pounder

I would love to go but my kid has open house maybe next week. If you go take some pics.
That is a good looking honcho. Not as good looking as the little geo tracker. It looked like the tracker driver had more skills
Old 09-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Heh Heh, yes he does I have never been able to master that back-flip move. Family first, see you soon.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

sorry all, i see i deleted the pictures, didn't know i could do this so easy, now i know why photobucket prompts me.will try to get some more tonite. i should be a little early jph
Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

here's a tease, y'all missed out, more coming jph
Old 09-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Nice pictures John had a blast last night, there are endless lines to crawl and alot of them can be tough for a scaler. We set-up one 10 gate course and after doing that crawled all along the east side of the property, almost a 1/4 mile until it got too dark to drive. Too much fun thanks John.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Looks like a good spot we should try to plan a day next week.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #77
Pebble Pounder

Sorry, I missed last night !! got other things goin on at home with the family.

Hey John, I see you got the tire relocated, how did it work out ?? a little better weight distribution ?? I think it looks better too
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Anyone up for a GTG-trail run at Folsom early tommorow or early Sunday?? Dotons Pt. trail that leads around to Beeks Bight, I have never gone all the way around from the Dotons side does it go all the way around?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Yea, i'm up for sunday, I don't know how early your thinking ?? but i'm ok with meeting up at 9. it does go all the way but alot of the area you can't really run with the scalers. theres still alot of trail to run in the area without going all the way around. its all fun no matter what, we can just see were we end up

anybody else out there who's wants to go ?????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Anyone up for a GTG-trail run at Folsom early tommorow or early Sunday?? Dotons Pt. trail that leads around to Beeks Bight, I have never gone all the way around from the Dotons side does it go all the way around?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Sunday sounds good to me Derek, so does 9:00. Want to meet at the parking area that drops into Dotons?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM