Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #801
RCC Addict

Weather has chance of rain and temps in the 40's I think. I'm ok with a little rain since we were in it all day last week Got snow gear too but not sure about standing in snow all day Since I'm relying on a friend to pay me and it's been 2 months I'm not sure I can spare the $40 I'm guessing it will cost to ride up with Chris and fees. Time to start "team broke azz scalers" I'm pretty sure I'm going just need to wait until mid week to commit and I see chris signed up probably since I said I'd go with him
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #802
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson View Post
209scx I never did see those snow pictures I was promised.
James I love them they grip very well and there about the perfect size. We went crawling today and it was pretty moist and the problems I had were rolling over in to crazy of an side hill angle
Hey Tom, I apologize I never got a chance to take any pics of my snow day. My truck did pretty well though considering the fact that I was running my un-weighted stock Flat Irons... I wish I had taken my modified set with weights, I think it would've done much better....
Anyways does anybody have a pair of small light buckets from the Honcho kit??? I wanna mount my rock lights on the front of my rig... Let me know
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #803
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I believe there is a lot more people signed up on the website and I am the same as Martin I am dependent on the weather and from the weather report last night it's not looking to good

The forecast currently reads this;

Saturday

Jan 15 Rain
Hi:49°Lo:42°
Rain. High 49F and low 42F. Winds SW at 11 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
20%

The key info here is 20%, rain here is not like rain in Cali, if it's not 80% or higher, don't worry about it. The temps look good. I'll up date the entry list here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Weather has chance of rain and temps in the 40's I think. I'm ok with a little rain since we were in it all day last week Got snow gear too but not sure about standing in snow all day Since I'm relying on a friend to pay me and it's been 2 months I'm not sure I can spare the $40 I'm guessing it will cost to ride up with Chris and fees. Time to start "team broke azz scalers" I'm pretty sure I'm going just need to wait until mid week to commit and I see chris signed up probably since I said I'd go with him
We know that team all to well, I think we are all members.

I don't foresee any snow being around, it would be cool, but I think it will all be melted off.

I do see some great skill challenges and one WILL require the use of your required tow strap.

Less than a week and I'm allready "giddy"...
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #804
RCC Addict

I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet with the G6 comp. It will give us a idea of what to expect before the Folsom G6 which looks like it will have awesome turnout
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #805
I wanna be Dave

For ya'll interested in attending the RECON G6 "Erzberg" this Saturday, here is the current sign up list. This G6 features a Team sign up. The Team requirements for Erzberg is as follows:

Driving Teams will be scored and encouraged at this G6. A team may consist of two or three drivers and one G-ride; scaler. The team drivers will run each stage and be scored individually and as a team. The team with the lowest combined score will win. No team members will Stage Buddy for each other. Bring out the family or some buddies and have some fun.

G6 1.9 Drivers:

1. Spucknit / RTR Honcho
2. Chasinbaja / Land Rover P.O.S.
3. Unibomber / RTR Poncho Villa
4. Hi-C / Bronco Trail Tamer
5. DRIVNMF / Lil' Lexus
6. Slackerman / Gone Camping F350
7. Cory Hunter / RECON Rigalicious
8. Jerry C. /Makin it happen captin
9. Jeremy C. / G-Sweaty Betty
10. Skeeno/ 2nd Place Honcho
11. rcjackson0926/ Whatever Santa brings us.
12. Werty/macho honcho
13. James Stewart / RECON Rigalicious
14. jayson perrine / fernley r/c raceway
15. Thom K / TKOWATCH / Lil' Lexus

G6 1.9 Teams:

1. chasinbaja/uni-bomber-Stage Dunce Lame Rover
2. Action Jackson's/Whatever Santa brings us
3. RECON G-Soldiers / RECON Rigalicious (Cory/James)
4. Team TWERK / DRIVNMF, tkowatch / Lil' Lexus Axial Honcho

Look for some G-Tips coming soon.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #806
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet with the G6 comp. It will give us a idea of what to expect before the Folsom G6 which looks like it will have awesome turnout

Yup, you are correct sir and some time to make any adjustments to the truck.

You will be in for a good time and the "Erzberg" stage is one stage a driver has to experience first hand!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #807
Rock Crawler

Quote:
There's a lot of guys (including myself ) on that team, we should get shirts made
Yeah, I kinda got in the mood for this thing yesterday, even though I just had to pay a traffic ticket and get a new battery for my 1:1 truck, so I'm down about 400 bucks.
I just re-built my scaler, but I now have no winch(I'm tired of working on that P.O.S.) So it should make the event a little more interesting. Unless there's six feet of snow on the pass, I should be able to make it.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #808
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
I just re-built my scaler, but I now have no winch(I'm tired of working on that P.O.S.) So it should make the event a little more interesting. Unless there's six feet of snow on the pass, I should be able to make it.
Cool, besides, winches are over rated and as long as you keep the rubber side down, you shouldn't need a winch.

There is always the penalty winch, if you need it to use it.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #809
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Cool, besides, winches are over rated and as long as you keep the rubber side down, you shouldn't need a winch.

Damn straight!
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #810
Rock Stacker

Hey what do you guys think about the roll cage?

Before

After
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #811
RCC Addict

Looks good. Is it metal? I was thinking of buying the one in the for sale section but with the exo I'm sure it's going to be too much weight.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #812
Rock Stacker

It's the dingo roll cage. I was also thinking of that roll cage but it's already pretty top heavy so I think this one will look good.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #813
Quarry Creeper

Looks good Tom! That cage is very functional and really light weight.
Although my Dingo body looks like crap, I still really like my cage. I think you'll be happy with it.
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #814
Rock Stacker

Yeah I have always liked the dingo body it's what mine started as.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #815
Pebble Pounder

jus got my homles hobbies torquemaster esc. whens the next meet up? Tuesday anyone???? think folsom??

Also fast track has added some new areas to ther course its lookn better hopefully it will b done n couple weeks
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #816
Pebble Pounder

IS any one going to folsom on sunday? i will be out around 9:30 at folsom point.
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #817

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwalker View Post
IS any one going to folsom on sunday? i will be out around 9:30 at folsom point.
I will be out there tomorrow. I'll be in a green Jeep driving the little scale green Jeeps. Probably be out around 10 or 11 at the Point.
Smoke&Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #818
Rock Stacker

Hey any of your of you sac scalers that are on the fence about going to a g6 challenge I went to the g6 erzberg in sparks today and I had a blast. G6 is coming to Folsom on the 29th so be there or miss out on one fun experience.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #819
RCC Addict

Oh Yeah! I'm so happy I didn't break anything. Chris had a bad day with breakage BUT finished each course Chris. I would have been so pissed. I'll let him fill you guys in on what he broke. Great job to Parker and RECON and looking forward to the 29th and maybe more I don't know if I'll be up for any crawling this week I may tear down my drive train to make sure I don't break stuff Chris did.

Edit, forgot my damm winch didn't work. Time to get going on my servo winch so I don't waste all those points using judges lol

Last edited by fvrr; 01-15-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #820
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hey any of your of you sac scalers that are on the fence about going to a g6 challenge I went to the g6 erzberg in sparks today and I had a blast. G6 is coming to Folsom on the 29th so be there or miss out on one fun experience.
glad to hear you had fun tom, i to had the usual recon fun day as always also. glad to see you, your dad, chris and, martin all got over the hill and back safely.

sac scalers, the G6 is all about fun, so plan to make the event at folsom, you'll be glad you did. oh yeah, results aren't final yet but tom's times were right up there when i left and maybe a bowling trophy is headed his way, man i hope so. got some mods to start before the next one so they'll get finished. jph
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM