Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #861
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Nope we had no problems at all. Just Smokeandmirrors and I went the beach route with our 4x4's... I have only heard of that area being closed during the summer weekends when I would take my waverunner out there, never had a problem during this time of the year.
OK. I'm pretty sure I can make it just not 100% yet. Need to tweek my wheel speed before G6 comes to town Got my winch working. I think
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #862
Pebble Pounder

cool i drive an accord so cant go the beach route.. but im down to go to folsom lake.. i should have my truck done tomorrow jus gta get a box to put esc's in. cant wait to try my 3s lipo's out..
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #863
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
OK. I'm pretty sure I can make it just not 100% yet. Need to tweek my wheel speed before G6 comes to town Got my winch working. I think
Let me know what time you guys plan on going out there. What was wrong with your winch? I'm pretty piss my my rc4wd winch board went out, so I just ordered from justok two of his three position controllers
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #864
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
hey martin how was your wheel speed for the g6?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #865
Pebble Pounder

anytime aftr 10 is good for me
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #866
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Mirrors View Post
Nissan_Driver24 and myself 4 wheeled out to there, but we were followed by an Acura and Civic on road and they got to Dotton's just as we were coming around the corner. No problems getting in for either of us.

Here's the album, now public.
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...e%20Crawlings/
Sweet pics!!! My Honcho was torn down Sunday night after Folsom and now it's all nice and clean again... but the 1:1 Frontier is still hella dirty!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:50 AM   #867

Yup, me too. Like Nissan_driver said, I have not had one single problem getting out to Dotton's this winter season. I've heard that the gates were closed and went out anyway without a hiccup. I might be down go out mid week. I usually only go Sunday's but I just got my camera bag together so I can take all my lenses out with me scaling. I would probably have to head out around 2 to make work at 3. If I do go, it'll be around 10 or earlier so I can get my time's worth of crawling. Maybe we can get a nice size group as I'd like to make a long trail run around the back side of Dotton's. So who else is in?
Smoke&Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #868
RCC Addict

Hey martin how was your wheel speed for the g6?

Way too slow for the g6 courses. I'm going to switch pinions today with 3s to see how it works. Now that I've done a g6 I know what it will be like. On the other hand I didn't break anything so don't want to get too carried away I'm going to use what I have here.

Let me know what time you guys plan on going out there. What was wrong with your winch? I'm pretty piss my my rc4wd winch board went out, so I just ordered from justok two of his three position controllers

I'm still not sure. It took a dump in a puddle at team lerks comp a few weeks ago so I'm guessing moister got into the box and fried the control board. But put a new one in and fried that as well. Then my buddy made a esc board and the original winch didn't work so put a new one on and it worked. So looks like it fried the original winch as well. But Sat when I needed it I couldn't get it to roll out, only in. Sun I went to look at it and it worked but started acting up with the release. But I think I've figured out how to get it to work but not sure why it's acting up. I lost a ton of points having to use the judges winch on Sat!

10ish works for me. I normally meet Gordy in the parking lot right after am/pm and cruise in together to split the cost. I've only been to oak point on that side of the lake to may need to follow a "car" in as I no longer have my 4x :-(

Last edited by fvrr; 01-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #869
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=Smoke&Mirrors;2868133]Yup, me too. Like Nissan_driver said, I have not had one single problem getting out to Dotton's this winter season. Can a car make it?

10 is good for me i gta b done by 3. i work at 7. so gta nap before.

ya martin we can meet at that parking lot rite after ampm.

my truck should b done goin to get a plastic box n a min for my servos.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #870
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Sweet pics!!! My Honcho was torn down Sunday night after Folsom and now it's all nice and clean again... but the 1:1 Frontier is still hella dirty!!!
And it looks like a real truck dirt is good it holds trucks together
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #871

Okay I'm in guys. I'm thinking 10am tomorrow at Dotton's. I was planning on just heading out to there. Will anyone have any problems navigating to Dotton's? If so I can meet at the am/pm parking lot. Let me know, see you on the rocks tomorow.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #872
RCC Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Mirrors View Post
Okay I'm in guys. I'm thinking 10am tomorrow at Dotton's. I was planning on just heading out to there. Will anyone have any problems navigating to Dotton's? If so I can meet at the am/pm parking lot. Let me know, see you on the rocks tomorow.
I know where oak point is but never been to dotton's. I'm meeting jason in the parking lot just past ampm cuz we can leave our cars there. 10 am
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #873
Pebble Pounder

i dnt know if my accord will make it so if one of you have a 4x4 would perfer to follow one of you guys ncase i get stuck. c ya at parking lot right after ampm at 10..
Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #874
Rock Crawler

I'll see you guys tomorrow at the parking lot stated above at 10am.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #875
Quarry Creeper

So how did it go today guys? Is that spot any better than Folsom Point? Post up some pics...
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #876
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER View Post
So how did it go today guys? Is that spot any better than Folsom Point? Post up some pics...
I prefer folsom point but dotton's will probably be better suited for the G6 because of the large area. Not sure of actual access with 2wd. They were working on the trees and access was closed but they said it's open on the weekends. I'm sure Parker and his crew will get it to work. I haven't had a chance to shift my pictures but Ray took a bunch but I think he's at work.

BTW to get a better idea of the larger scale events http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/a/

Last edited by fvrr; 01-19-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #877

Quote:
I prefer folsom point
Couldn't convert you Martin huh? To each their own I reckon. Glad I could show you and Jason Dotton's for the first time regardless. And to others, yes, the gate was closed to Dotton's and Oak point today. Like Martin said apparently, in the winter, they close the gates during weekdays usually and open them up on the weekends. Opposite for summer time. Still, we had enough 1:1 4x4's to make it and take our tools. Kind of a bumpy right though, right Jason?

Great run today and I was reminded of how many possible trails there are on the backside of the rock face. Probably why I enjoy it so much. For anyone who hasn't been out there yet, here is a picture of the main rock feature and it is behind that where they forest-y shots were taken.

As per usual, here are some highlights of the trip and for the full set of pictures, check out my album here.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #878
Rock Stacker

There looks like there can be some real cool ledges
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #879
Pebble Pounder

ya i liked dotons . it was very buppy thats forsure Ray. nice pic. i like more of the trail stuff like we did at dotons ... Jus wish i didnt break so early. bettr now i guess then at g6. i love 3s lipos!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #880
RCC Addict

those are some nice pictures Ray I'll be back at dotton's for gtg or comps but for some reason I just like the terrain at FP. It's just me If you want some of that spiderwire for your winches pm me your address and I'll send you 10' like I did for mike today Hope you get to take some pictures next weekend at the G6 I love photography and maybe should consider a new line of work taking scale pictures for everyone

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM