RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html)

jammin311 01-24-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke&Mirrors (Post 2880823)
Nice run today guys. Some of the guys got a little taste of the fitness level the G6 is gonna require and didn't care for it much. :ror: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMG_0028.jpg

Yes I'm out of shape and that climb winded me a bit but i'm cool with that. I just didn't care for the so called trail run (I.E. alot of flat dirt driving on bike trails). You kept saying we are not rock crawlers we are scalers. Well my scaler is build to drive on rocks if I wanted to drive on flat dirt then I would rather drive my rally car. Don't get me wrong I had a blast yesterday and enjoyed all the comapny. I just did not argee with your statement that were scalers not rock crawlers. To me they are one in the same.I had more fun with the rocks then I did on the bike trails. I know the G6 will have all of the stuff we did and more. just driving full trigger on flat land in semi stright line for a long time was not my cup of tee. So no I did not get a taste of the G6 fittness level All I got was a long walk carring my controller."thumbsup"

With that said I had a great time and will do it again in a heart beat minus the flat land. Hell I wish I was there now this work stuff sucks:mrgreen: It was good times with good people you can't ask for more."thumbsup"

brokennib 01-24-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammin311 (Post 2882096)
Yes I'm out of shape and that climb winded me a bit but i'm cool with that. I just didn't care for the so called trail run (I.E. alot of flat dirt driving on bike trails). You kept saying we are not rock crawlers we are scalers. Well my scaler is build to drive on rocks if I wanted to drive on flat dirt then I would rather drive my rally car. Don't get me wrong I had a blast yesterday and enjoyed all the comapny. I just did not argee with your statement that were scalers not rock crawlers. To me they are one in the same.I had more fun with the rocks then I did on the bike trails. I know the G6 will have all of the stuff we did and more. just driving full trigger on flat land in semi stright line for a long time was not my cup of tee. So no I didn't not get a taste of the G6 fittness level All I got was a long walk carring my controller."thumbsup"

With that said I had a great time and will do it again in a heart beat minus the flat land. Hell I wish I was there now this work stuff sucks:mrgreen: It was good times with good people you can't ask for more."thumbsup"

I wish I could have stuck around a lot longer than I did, first I was "late" and when I did show up and tried to tune my rig I accidentally dumped the programming on my esc, and of course the instructions were at home. Bah.
Personally I like Doton's point, I think there is still a lot of area that hasn't been explored yet, and I'm sure there are some good trails in the backcountry there, but I'd like to just keep going up the beach, it just depends on how high the water is. Folsom and Oak point are uber-cool also, but for different reasons and for different terrain.
I'm real curious what Parker has planned for out there, when Martin and I went to Sparks for the last g6, we really did'nt know what to expect, and when we first rolled up to the park, to be honest it looked like a pretty blah park, for some reason I was expecting to see a bunch of crazy terrain. But these courses were so huge you really couldn't wrap your head around it until your actually doin it. That's what was cool about them- they had a little bit of everything. Wherever he decides to have it out there, I'm sure it will be a blast.
If my fat ass can survive it, I'm sure you guys will be fine:lmao:

fvrr 01-24-2011 02:29 PM

If you ever get back out with time I'd say try the other side of the lake at Folsom Point. To me it's got a lot of transitions which makes it more fun for me :roll: These two pics don't give the area justice but no where close to the size of Dotton's or Oak points. Even though there is a boat ramp at FP, it's a little ways to walk to where we crawl so guessing the G6 won't be on this side :shock: but NOT sure. I don't have any inside info

Great for 1.9 but seems like 2.2's walk over pretty easy. I'm sure a course could be set up for 2.2 with a lot of side hilling but for general scale trail running it's a 1.9 spot.

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture298.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture297.jpg

nissan_driver24 01-24-2011 05:35 PM

Awesome time yesterday at folsom lake... Who's down to go again sometime during the weekday?

fvrr 01-24-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 (Post 2882585)
Awesome time yesterday at folsom lake... Who's down to go again sometime during the weekday?

If you want to do tomorrow I'd be in. The rest of the week I'll be busy and need to do some secret ninja stuff to my rig :shock: Just kidding I've always wanted to post that though :lmao:

LET'S ROLL 01-24-2011 09:06 PM

hay had a great time this last weekend the scalers are off the hook i could not stop driving it was awsome cant wait to go again im down for a week run let me no"thumbsup"

209SCXCRAWLER 01-24-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2882597)
If you want to do tomorrow I'd be in. The rest of the week I'll be busy and need to do some secret ninja stuff to my rig :shock: Just kidding I've always wanted to post that though :lmao:

Hey Martin I've been taking online ninja courses so if you need some professional ninja assistance, just let me know! Lol
Sorry but I've been waiting for a chance to use that line too hahaha!!

Seriously though, I'm very excited about the G6 this weekend... I'm counting down the days!!

jscalecrawler 01-24-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 (Post 2882585)

Im game for maybe wensday? i should have mine done. have to rewire since i moved battery to front, had to redo shocks, and fixed my steering but dnt think my 4runner body will make it.. it got beat up bad last time. dnt think it will be fixed by the g6

Big Bill 01-25-2011 07:47 AM

Nice pictures guys, I really miss the Sac. area Folsom is a scalers dream. I have four new victims err guys that I have been crawling with up here. I will post up some photos when I can

fvrr 01-25-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER (Post 2883253)
Hey Martin I've been taking online ninja courses so if you need some professional ninja assistance, just let me know! Lol
Sorry but I've been waiting for a chance to use that line too hahaha!!

Seriously though, I'm very excited about the G6 this weekend... I'm counting down the days!!

It just popped into my head :lmao: Must of saw it in a movie recently. G6 will be FUN :ror:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2883439)
Im game for maybe wensday? i should have mine done. have to rewire since i moved battery to front, had to redo shocks, and fixed my steering but dnt think my 4runner body will make it.. it got beat up bad last time. dnt think it will be fixed by the g6

At least you'll have something going "thumbsup" I think you probably need to step up to a big boy toy though :lmao:
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/PA080187.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2883784)
Nice pictures guys, I really miss the Sac. area Folsom is a scalers dream. I have four new victims err guys that I have been crawling with up here. I will post up some photos when I can

Bill, glad your still getting to wheel up there. G6 was a blast in Sparks and this weekend looks to be even better "thumbsup"

zonkerd 01-25-2011 08:29 AM

almost done still have to do some final stuff,made a custom rack last night.cant wait should be fun never scaled before
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...g?t=1295969242

fvrr 01-25-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonkerd (Post 2883847)
almost done still have to do some final stuff,made a custom rack last night.cant wait should be fun never scaled before

Cool, I'm pretty sure your going to enjoy it :ror: Now did Parker talk you into the kayak (missile launchers) :lmao: Just kidding. He seems to launch his once or twice. Also if the two kayaks are part of the 5 item minimum they will always need to be put back on if they fall off during the comp. (I think that's what he said).

Also I forgot to mention that it's a good idea to have a small backpack during the comp in case you break so you don't have to run back to the pits to get your tools or parts. You may be 100 yards from the pits ;-)

zonkerd 01-25-2011 11:50 AM

GOOD IDEA THANKS"thumbsup""thumbsup"

209SCXCRAWLER 01-25-2011 01:48 PM

May I also suggest bringing some water in your backpack to stay hydrated... Sounds like we might be on the trail for a while without breaks so u gotta be sure to keep hydrated.

Just a suggestion.

We might also consider bringing a few small snacks in our backpacks too.

fvrr 01-25-2011 02:56 PM

The last two had some killer chili and cornbread. I think John made it "thumbsup" Or both entrances has fast food close by as well. Not sure what the in/out rule is at the lake though.

jscalecrawler 01-25-2011 03:04 PM

Anyone up for some crawlin tomorrow at dotons point? say meet up ard 10 or 11 jus gta b done ard 2 -230

chasinbaja 01-25-2011 08:25 PM

Rig looks great Elio!

Stewie G made the chilli and Parker made the corn bread, they both majored in "home ec"!:lmao:

fvrr 01-25-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasinbaja (Post 2885725)
Rig looks great Elio!

Stewie G made the chilli and Parker made the corn bread, they both majored in "home ec"!:lmao:

:oops: Dammit gave props to John for someone else's work :lmao:

4 more days!

jscalecrawler 01-25-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2884770)
Anyone up for some crawlin tomorrow at dotons point? say meet up ard 10 or 11 jus gta b done ard 2 -230

nevermind on gtg tomorrow for me jus took apart trans cus it was makin a noise last wensdy and gota brokin gear. anyone gta spare scx10 trans??

209SCXCRAWLER 01-26-2011 12:29 AM

Well I don't have a spare tranny but I did want to let y'all know that I picked up a few "scale" accessories tonight and now I have an over-abundance of scale objects that I'll be bringing with me on Saturday in case somebody needs a thing or two to meet the G6 requirements.

As we say down where I come from: "three days and a wake-up" til the G6... Anyone else getting the itch to go scalin'??

Well anyways, if y'all need an item or two just hit me up... I'm happy to help anyone in need!