RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html)

brokennib 10-19-2010 05:01 AM

Hey it was good to meet you guys at the Santa Rosa GTG, I'm still in the middle of my move, but I definetly want to get out and about as soon as I'm in town. ( in november)
"thumbsup"

Big Bill 10-19-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokennib (Post 2693930)
Hey it was good to meet you guys at the Santa Rosa GTG, I'm still in the middle of my move, but I definetly want to get out and about as soon as I'm in town. ( in november)
"thumbsup"

You will love it around Folsom Chris. There is Folsom Lake itself with endless places the go. Then there is Quarry Park in Rocklin(one of the best IMO), the Water Falls, CiscoGrove just up the hill abit. Man Iam missing that place:evil: *Stay hooked up with Martin and Gordy, they will show you all of the nice spots*

brokennib 10-19-2010 03:20 PM

Thanks Bill., Gordy was saying you found some spots along hwy 65 (I'm moving to Lincoln) any good spots along that way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2694024)
You will love it around Folsom Chris. There is Folsom Lake itself with endless places the go. Then there is Quarry Park in Rocklin(one of the best IMO), the Water Falls, CiscoGrove just up the hill abit. Man Iam missing that place:evil: *Stay hooked up with Martin and Gordy, they will show you all of the nice spots*

Big Bill 10-19-2010 10:07 PM

Yeah, the WAter Falls off of HWY 65 and Sunset Blvd( or maybe Sunset Ave. ) is pretty nice. The BackYard Boyz use it for comps. sometimes but when I went there I saw plenty of good scale stuff. Then there is Quarry Park it is awesome IMO. Take Rocklin Rd exit, go west to Pacific Ave turn left and go down about 1 mile to the GoodYear tire shop, the park is tucked away just before the shop."thumbsup"

brokennib 10-19-2010 11:03 PM

I just googled it up, looks cool! Thanks."thumbsup"

Tom_Swanson 10-20-2010 01:16 PM

I have a work in progress dingo but I would be interested in coming out and crawling with the Sacramento scalers

fvrr 10-20-2010 06:36 PM

Nice to see a few more guys around Sac into scalers. Tom what days and times work for you? The last few times to Folsom Lake there were only 3 of us which was no problem as the lake has a lot of places to go. $5 during the week and $10 on the weekends to get in. I'd like to try the spots over in R'ville one of these days as well. We were getting about 6-8 guys each week the few months at fast track before they moved to rocklin which I hear they are putting another course together. A lot of the guys that came out are not on this site. Gordy and I are normally around during the week. Sundays are bad for me. Met brokennib @ flat rock last weekend and looking forward to his move here the end of the month and fa1rch1ld wants in.

Big Bill 10-20-2010 08:59 PM

If everything goes right for us down here I might be back up in the area in a month or so."thumbsup"Miss it up there just too many good places to scale at.

fvrr 10-20-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2696942)
If everything goes right for us down here I might be back up in the area in a month or so."thumbsup"Miss it up there just too many good places to scale at.

Hey Bill, hope it goes well for you guys "thumbsup" Just me and gordy lately :shock: but looks like we might have a few more guys pretty soon

Tom_Swanson 10-21-2010 02:22 PM

I work Monday thru Friday and Sundays are normally my race day for my short coarse. But with the weather changing I'm probably just gonna be racing Thursday nights indoor. Saturday would work but I wouldn't be able to do it that often. My father also has a honcho he might be interested also to head out to Folsom lake which side of Folsom do you go to?

fvrr 10-21-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson (Post 2698068)
I work Monday thru Friday and Sundays are normally my race day for my short coarse. But with the weather changing I'm probably just gonna be racing Thursday nights indoor. Saturday would work but I wouldn't be able to do it that often. My father also has a honcho he might be interested also to head out to Folsom lake which side of Folsom do you go to?

Where do you race sct on sundays? I know thursdays but I only hit speedworld when they have it but they look like they are cutting back on sct. I missed point race #2 due to work #3 to hit flat rock night run. Hope to be there on the 30th. Anyway my wife might be going out of town Saturday so it may work for me if not raining which I think it will be. Rocks may get a little slippery when wet. We normally go in at the end of douglas blvd. There are a couple of spots that has a lot of different lines. We normally go in before 9am and leave around noon to 1 as I normally have stuff to do with the family. :shock:

kapp916 10-22-2010 10:11 AM

just curious if you guys ever come to auburn area.. i live up here and there is endless places for good scale crawler trail runs. mainly down by the river.. its another 15 mins from the lake at douglas. but its free .

fvrr 10-22-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapp916 (Post 2699458)
just curious if you guys ever come to auburn area.. i live up here and there is endless places for good scale crawler trail runs. mainly down by the river.. its another 15 mins from the lake at douglas. but its free .

Heck yeah we'd come to auburn. Free always works as well "thumbsup" What days work for you? As i've stated before Gordy and I are normally free during the week at the moment. I know there are still guys who have a regular job and can't meet during the week so weekends work as well. Again nice to see some new guys on here with scalers.

Tom_Swanson 10-22-2010 11:04 AM

To awnser your question about racing sct on Sunday we build a sct track in my parents back yard in auburn. I race capital city thursday nights well not yet because it's not indoor season yet I have just been practicing. I also was going to suggest the north fork of the American river like the last post had said. I'm game for pretty much anything except standing in the rain. I'll send you a pm with my number maybe it will be easier than sending messages on this forum 8-)

fvrr 10-22-2010 02:32 PM

OK where does everyone want to go tomorrow if not poring rain? Auburn, Rocklin or Folsom Lake. Out of those the lake I think will be $10 to get in.

kapp916 10-23-2010 09:47 AM

during the week works great for me. just let me know. also have nice area in my back yard that ive made some nice hardcore trails on. but there only hardcore cause i use cut mud slingers.. got tired of useig compound tires. Pm me and maybe we set somthin up for this week!"thumbsup"

fvrr 10-26-2010 11:23 AM

GTG Hobby town Rocklin?

Gordy and I stopped by hobby town in rocklin yesterday and it looks like they re worked the rocks to be a lot more scaler friendly. It looks pretty cool for indoor stuff. There will be a fee of course but that's still being worked out. I heard week day evening start between 6-7 end by 9ish.

fa1rch1ld 10-26-2010 11:58 AM

usually starts closer to 7ish...

luv2ridemx 10-27-2010 07:15 PM

Just dropping by to say hi to all my friends in the scaler world up in the sac area, you know who you are !!!!!

fvrr 10-27-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2ridemx (Post 2709484)
Just dropping by to say hi to all my friends in the scaler world up in the sac area, you know who you are !!!!!

Wat up D! any crawling down south? Went out to auburn today with kapp916 to check out the river @ 49 Big enough to find scale stuff but probably more comp stuff but not bad for a couple hours. Can't beat the price either "thumbsup"

luv2ridemx 10-28-2010 08:05 PM

Hey Martin, I havent had any time to play with the scaler. my Mom and Dad had a major house fire. so since I got here I have been working with the contractor and he's paying me to do work on the house. so until things slow down, just no time to play. I will be back in Sac if I don't find work by christmas.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2709542)
Wat up D! any crawling down south? Went out to auburn today with kapp916 to check out the river @ 49 Big enough to find scale stuff but probably more comp stuff but not bad for a couple hours. Can't beat the price either "thumbsup"

Big Bill 10-29-2010 06:45 AM

Hey Derek, sorry to hear about your parents troubles but Iam sure it will all work out. Hope your job search in SD works out for you as I know most of your family is there. Take a break from the work and clear your head with some scale action, it will do you good! *EDIT* Thing are going real smooth for us with this house sale and we should be back to Elk Grove before Thanksgiving YEAH

kapp916 10-31-2010 12:05 PM

anyone out crawling with there scalers today!?

fvrr 10-31-2010 03:29 PM

Not today for me but I've been talking to Tom and Gordy about Saturday 11/6. Where does everyone want to go?

luv2ridemx 10-31-2010 04:23 PM

Hey Bill, thanks for the kind works my friend. The Honcho's just been colecting dust since i've been here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2712075)
Hey Derek, sorry to hear about your parents troubles but Iam sure it will all work out. Hope your job search in SD works out for you as I know most of your family is there. Take a break from the work and clear your head with some scale action, it will do you good! *EDIT* Thing are going real smooth for us with this house sale and we should be back to Elk Grove before Thanksgiving YEAH

DIZZE004 10-31-2010 08:47 PM

Folsom Point

Any scalers run at Folsom Point? Went there with the backyard boyz today. While they set-up and ran comp courses, I just played around. Lots of area to run and looked like it could be good for a scaler "follow the leader." No huge rocks and not a lot of holes just good solid stuff with cracks and ledges. I can post some pix from my phone if interested. It's just East of the new bridge below Folsom Dam. Very easy to get to.

Hey, Derek sorry to hear about your parent's place. Good luck finding work. If you stay there you will be missed. I always had fun wheeling with you-even though it wasn't too often.

kapp916 11-01-2010 10:36 AM

yes post pics of that area near the dam! id be able to go there for a nice follow the leader scale run. just let me know when. -Justin

Tom_Swanson 11-01-2010 12:57 PM

I do not have any plans on the 6th that I am aware of so I would be game to drive for a while. I also talked with my dad and he would be interested also

Tom_Swanson 11-01-2010 05:07 PM

And for a spot I'm pretty much game for where ever Folsom lake, rainbow bridge beach or Negro bar I think it's called, there's also access to the American river trails on fair oaks blvd near sunrise.

miles 11-01-2010 05:36 PM

im game let me know when and were ... lets see some pics

DIZZE004 11-01-2010 09:27 PM

Hang in there guys I got on here late and my phone is taking forever to send or the laptop to receive pix. Most likely have to post them Tues after voting.

brokennib 11-01-2010 09:44 PM

I'm finally moved into Lincoln, I can join you guys this Saturday once the where and when's are figured out."thumbsup"

fvrr 11-01-2010 09:46 PM

Don't know why I didn't take any area pics of the spot Justin and I hit last week in auburn 49 & the river. I'd say 50/50 for scale vs comp lines. Haven't heard of scaling in negro bar or off the american river. If we have more than 2 or 3 guys we should probably hit a place we know for sure will work. There are a lot of spots at the lake but cost $10 to get in during the weekend. Gordy Derek and I normally hop into someones ride and split the fee. I've never been to the spot in Roseville/Rocklin but Bill said he had a blast there. I'm pretty much open to where ever.

fvrr 11-01-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokennib (Post 2718302)
I'm finally moved into Lincoln, I can join you guys this Saturday once the where and when's are figured out."thumbsup"

Nice "thumbsup" if your not working during the week yet let me know we can go out during the week also :lmao: As long as I don't get a call to work I'm in for Sat.

brokennib 11-01-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2718314)
Nice "thumbsup" if your not working during the week yet let me know we can go out during the week also :lmao: As long as I don't get a call to work I'm in for Sat.

Sounds good! I'll be up in the Sierras for the next few days, but I'll be back in town by this weekend. Are you guys talking about Quarry Park in Rocklin? Looks pretty good from Google maps, I'll try to post up a link.

fvrr 11-01-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokennib (Post 2718345)
Sounds good! I'll be up in the Sierras for the next few days, but I'll be back in town by this weekend. Are you guys talking about Quarry Park in Rocklin? Looks pretty good from Google maps, I'll try to post up a link.

I've never been. Bill and Gordy went out there. I think general directions are earlier in this thread by big bill

brokennib 11-01-2010 10:01 PM

see if this works
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...2&spn=0,0&z=19

brokennib 11-01-2010 10:05 PM

Its actually deer creek park (apparently) Quarry park is up the road, but I couldn't see any parking, looks like Deer Creek has access by the train tracks.

kapp916 11-02-2010 08:50 AM

thats a nice placee for comp.. not so much for scale imo.

Tom_Swanson 11-02-2010 09:20 AM

That place looks pretty cool but it might be hardcore might have to build trails there. I have never been there to scale but right up the road from where you went at 49 and the American river there is a ohv park called mammoth bar it has a ton of trails from moto and atvs and horses I'm not sure when it closes but I'm sure it will close for winter pretty soon also folsom lake will also close for winter. I'm not sure where at folsom lake you guys have been have you been to the rattlesnake bar side of Folsom?