RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html)

See65 02-05-2011 05:28 PM

Not a big footbal fan myself I will be out at Dotons around 10 tomorrow.

finishline 02-05-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2907963)
New project Iam working on for the MSD Nationals. Its going to be for Class 2, it is coming along pretty slow but it will be ready for testing before too long. No shocks mounted yet, and the bed will be bobbed. Still need to make bumpers, sliders, better body mount and OH MY I had better get off the computer and get busy. :mrgreen: Miss you guys down there.

Looking Good Bill"thumbsup" Got a build thread up?

fvrr 02-05-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2907963)
New project Iam working on for the MSD Nationals. Its going to be for Class 2, it is coming along pretty slow but it will be ready for testing before too long. No shocks mounted yet, and the bed will be bobbed. Still need to make bumpers, sliders, better body mount and OH MY I had better get off the computer and get busy. :mrgreen: Miss you guys down there.

Nice Bill, you only going to run 1 class? Long ways to go for just one. I was going to build 1 for each but delay in rules I just figured I'd stick with the G6 cuz they are a blast! Maybe next year. Started on the sammi but for c1 I'm just not going to put tiny tires on it to be under the fenders :x

Congrats Tom "thumbsup" Sac Scalers should have gift cards :ror:

This will get buried pretty quick so one of these days I'll post a poll. BUT what do you guys think about rules for Sacramento? Towards G6 or national or UT scale comp rules? I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about any of the G6 events so far 2.25 :lmao: But there are a couple hundred posts on the national rules :roll:

Big Bill 02-05-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finishline (Post 2908588)
Looking Good Bill"thumbsup" Got a build thread up?

Thanks James, no build thread I have trouble just turning the computer on:). Good luck tommorow.

Big Bill 02-05-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2908649)
Nice Bill, you only going to run 1 class? Long ways to go for just one. I was going to build 1 for each but delay in rules I just figured I'd stick with the G6 cuz they are a blast! Maybe next year. Started on the sammi but for c1 I'm just not going to put tiny tires on it to be under the fenders :x

Congrats Tom "thumbsup" Sac Scalers should have gift cards :ror:

This will get buried pretty quick so one of these days I'll post a poll. BUT what do you guys think about rules for Sacramento? Towards G6 or national or UT scale comp rules? I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about any of the G6 events so far 2.25 :lmao: But there are a couple hundred posts on the national rules :roll:

Yes just one class Martin, but I intend to dominate it:lmao:. OK even though Iam not living in Sac. anymore I have been of fan of the Montana clubs rules for some time. They are easy to understand and not to restrictive on most rules. I didnt get a chance to run one of the G-6s before I moved but I have read the rules that Parker uses and they also are easy to understand and not to restrictive. They real plus of using Parkers(Recon) rules is that he will always put on a great event and you will have FUN.

wiseman1907 02-05-2011 10:47 PM

who want to go crawling.....

who want to go crawling.....next sunday the 13th at 10am.......

1.wiseman1907.......:flipoff:

nissan_driver24 02-05-2011 11:21 PM

Next sunday the 13th at 10am.......

1.wiseman1907.......:flipoff:
2.nissan_driver24

finishline 02-06-2011 12:46 AM

You know what would be cool is if you came up with a way to incorperate a G6 style comp with say a traditional style comp. Maybe 3 scoring courses and 1 timed course. I think that would be a blast. As far as classes go i think the way Parker set up his rules is good its either a 1.9 or a 2.2 yes both classes have to meet certain requirments but there not overwelmingat all.

The best thing to do is try and make your requirements and basic rules similar to other clubs that you visit to run there comps. It makes it easy not having to change up your rig every other comp.

Big Bill 02-06-2011 07:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Chris here are a few pictures I took of an area I scouted out yesterday for a small GTG we are having today. Not alot of big rock in this part of the state(at least I havent found it yet). Going to go with a G-6 type format, maybe 20 or so gates. Road trip.

See65 02-06-2011 09:31 AM

That looks like my deer hunting area in Korbel.

fvrr 02-06-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill (Post 2909414)
Hey Chris here are a few pictures I took of an area I scouted out yesterday for a small GTG we are having today. Not alot of big rock in this part of the state(at least I havent found it yet). Going to go with a G-6 type format, maybe 20 or so gates. Road trip.

I know I can get my wife to go with me up that way :ror:

Quote:

Originally Posted by finishline (Post 2909194)
You know what would be cool is if you came up with a way to incorperate a G6 style comp with say a traditional style comp. Maybe 3 scoring courses and 1 timed course. I think that would be a blast. As far as classes go i think the way Parker set up his rules is good its either a 1.9 or a 2.2 yes both classes have to meet certain requirments but there not overwelmingat all.

The best thing to do is try and make your requirements and basic rules similar to other clubs that you visit to run there comps. It makes it easy not having to change up your rig every other comp.

Cool, I was thinking about the same thing but was trying to incorporate everything together but having 1 course set up for the skills (timed comp) sounds like a plan. 10 gates 5-7 minutes "thumbsup"

Humm this probably means I need to stick with finding a local job. Was just thinking about going otr again because the money is almost too good to pass but then no more scaling for me cuz I wouldn't be home :x

I was thinking about cruising down with John to your comp today but I got church and super bowl. I normally only watch 2-3 games a year and this is one :shock:

209SCXCRAWLER 02-06-2011 11:36 AM

Well guys, after more than a year of rough trails and huge rocks, my stock Axial 27T motor finally gave up on me.
Just before I left Doton's Point last weekend, I noticed my rig was just barely moving, even on flat ground, so I knew something wasn't right. I got it home and let it sit for the week then last night I decided to investigate the root cause of the problem while resecuring my front four link. What I found was the stock 27t motor had seen it's better days an had finally given up...

So my question is do you guys I've any suggestions on a new motor??? I'm trying to keep within a reasonable budget but I definitely need more torque... Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Tom_Swanson 02-06-2011 02:28 PM

A Holmes hobby 35t Torquemaster pro if your gonna go for a full setup get the speed control combo I just got mine dialed in and wow I big difference.

fvrr 02-06-2011 02:33 PM

Anyone in the Greater Sacramento area better than average in brazing? And rene, TEKIN baby "thumbsup"

Big Bill 02-06-2011 02:35 PM

Tom is right about the HH products very good stuff. But if you just want a motor I would try a 35T Tekin($$) or an 35T Integy Pro wound. JPH has some nice motors from what I have heard, thats Jakes Performance Hobbies. Just my two cents.:ror:

209SCXCRAWLER 02-06-2011 02:55 PM

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your input. I think I'm gonna try the Tekin 35t and at the same time, upgrade to the Tekin FXR... That way I can run 3s LiPo with no problems.

BTW... You guys know anybody that's into Airsoft?? I have a very nice airsoft setup with gear that I'm tryin to get rid of to fund my scaler addiction... Just throwin it out there

DRIVNMF 02-06-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER (Post 2909800)

So my question is do you guys I've any suggestions on a new motor??? I'm trying to keep within a reasonable budget but I definitely need more torque... Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

I'm partial to the stock Axail 27t. After watching stock Honcho after stock Honcho crawl over obsticles and have the wheel speed when you need it, I'm impressed.

Plus the cost factor. Replacing the 540 can motor could be just a tool box away which makes it very affordalble.

But, then again, I love the skinny pedal, so whatever you decide on make sure it can handle a 3 cell with 95c burst!!!!"thumbsup"

See65 02-06-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 (Post 2902864)
very nice! I planned on getting a really similar battery if not the same (Hobbyking has so many that look alike). Let me know how they work out for you.

Both batteries were great today. I think 2 5000 mah packs should get me through a G6."thumbsup"

zonkerd 02-06-2011 07:06 PM

great time out at dottons point"thumbsup"couldnt ask for a better day....

yjbrad 02-06-2011 07:07 PM

That(2 5000 mah packs) and a pair of DIRTY DANGLERS