Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #121
Pebble Pounder

Well, anybody up for Sat, 9am ish Dotons or oak point ????????????????
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #122
Pebble Pounder

3 of us will be runnin our scalers at Folsom Lake, Sat. check Oak point first, if we're not there, then go to Dotons.

all is welcome to join us.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #123
RCC Addict

I'm in. Saturday
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #124
RCC Addict

Well I'd have to say I had a great time at Folsom Lake yesterday! Even with only 3 of us, 3 hours went by like nothing. I'm home for a while so I'm in for the next one as long as it's not sunday
Old 09-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

martin, glad to hear you got out and got the dust off. i was in the high country breaking my comp rig so i had major repair to do last night for today.

if you want to check out the school in EDH wed or thurs let me know, if we start about 4:30 or so we can get a couple of hours in easy. i'm comping both days again this weekend so sat is out jph
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
martin, glad to hear you got out and got the dust off. i was in the high country breaking my comp rig so i had major repair to do last night for today.

if you want to check out the school in EDH wed or thurs let me know, if we start about 4:30 or so we can get a couple of hours in easy. i'm comping both days again this weekend so sat is out jph
Man I would but gave Gordy my only running rig to finish up the interior and Mike is working on my ftoy and I just got my honcho out of the box to put back together. I don't think I'll have it ready this week. I want to change the electronics and motor in mine to run 3s
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #127
RCC Addict

Anyone interested in a night run over in Sonoma? It's a little ways out so I may be able to make sure I'm home that weekend if anyone else wants to go. NBRCC and Jake's Performance Hobbies FLAT ROCK Get Together! Oct 16th!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

Glad to see your back in town and having fun Martin. Iam now the out of town guy for the next few weeks or so, where are the pictures from the last trail run??
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #129
RCC Addict

Yeah it was nice to finally get out. Man there has to be a easier way to get pics from the phone to computer onto rcc There were some really nice hard lines which I didn't get pics of but this is a killer place for scalers
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #130
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for posting the pic's Martin. had a great time. oak point rocks
Old 09-23-2010, 05:23 AM   #131
Rock Crawler

Thanks Martin, I needed that little fix
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #132
RCC Addict

Here is the link to a night run GTG in Santa Rosa 10/16 http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...33#post2655033 in case anyone wants to cruise down.

Last edited by fvrr; 09-30-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #133

Default gtg on sat

well lets get this going guys ! whos in for oak point for sat.
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 AM   #134
Rock Stacker

I may make it gordy I think I need out of the house before I go nutzzz
Smokermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #135
RCC Addict

We're heading to the folsom tomorrow friday 10/1 around 9-9:30
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #136
Quarry Creeper

I'm still pretty new to RC's in general, but I got bit by the bug hard. I'd I'm not working on the quad in the garage, then I'm " playing with my toy car" as my wife likes to say. I haven't been to any comps yet, as I'm still a little unsure of what I'm doing. I stopped by capital city rc to check out the course but I haven't had a chance to stop by fast track hobbies yet. Does anyone ever get together in or near Elk Grove, it looks like most gtg's take place near Folsom. My son and I found a cool little spot near west Stockton Blvd bordering hwy 99, big retaining rock some covered by concrete, ledges and holes, a little bit of everything. If this belongs on a different forum, let me know, just wanted to see what's out there. I run an ax10 tvp/tuber, its not a scalpers and the custom links make it a little long to be comp legal, but its fun to drive. Thanks for reading, I'll keep my eye on this thread.

A work in progress, that brushless CC motor turned out to be a very bad idea.

The almost finished product, if there is such a thing.

day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #137
RCC Addict

Hi there, Bill and Derek live in EG but I don't think they have found any place out there for scalers yet. Fast Track is moving to Rocklin, Cap city has regular comps as well as outdoor stuff in different areas. Yeah this thread is for scalers but if you just want to run and get a feel for your rig your more than welcome to run with us at folsom. If my friend comes out tomorrow I'll have her run a comp rig for her first time as it's harder to break
Old 09-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Talking

I manage to break my 2.2 with ease, my 7 year old boy is the resident torture tester, if it has a weak spot, he'll find it. I haven't been to Folsom lake to crawl, could I get some general directions? We have a 3 week old newborn, but the wife wouldn't mind getting out of the house for awhile, just depends on how much sleep I get tonight. If anyone I'd interested in checking out this sports in Elk grove, let me know and we can meet up or I can shoot you some directions so you can check it out yourself.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #139
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by day215 View Post
I manage to break my 2.2 with ease, my 7 year old boy is the resident torture tester, if it has a weak spot, he'll find it. I haven't been to Folsom lake to crawl, could I get some general directions? We have a 3 week old newborn, but the wife wouldn't mind getting out of the house for awhile, just depends on how much sleep I get tonight. If anyone I'd interested in checking out this sports in Elk grove, let me know and we can meet up or I can shoot you some directions so you can check it out yourself.
I've only been there once so not sure exactly how to get to the spot. We are meeting at douglas and folsom auburn right past the am/pm around 9ish. All I know from there is head east on douglas to the lake, ($10 to access) drive through the gate and keep going straight or to the left looking for dottens point. PM me your # and I'll have gordon call or txt you with better directions. Here is what derek posted

I think I'm going to try out Beeks Bight this time, just stay on the main road, go past Dotons all the way to the end, I'm told the road just dead ends at BEEKS. If the area sucks we'll head back over to Dotons. theres some cool areas up top before you drive down the little dirt road to the lake.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #140
Quarry Creeper

Ahhh, you gotta love Google! I have a pretty good idea of where it is, if I can make it out, I'll try to meet up at the am/pm, look for the Guy in the blue ram with the lost look in his eyes. Otherwise I'll see of I can meet you guys there. Is three a place for my wife to take our daughter for a walk in a stroller, she hasn't quite bought into the idea of me slapping some bfgs on it just yet.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM