Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California
Loading

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #1521
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: rocklin
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjbrad View Post
You better get there before me


what time r u going to deer creeck...i get off at 5 so i will be there at 5-5:30....
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #1522
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orangevale
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman1907 View Post
Deer Creek is next to Goodyear tires on Taylor\Pacific street in rocklin....this is my cell 1-916-289-0952

I googled it to see an overhead view. Looks like a nice set of rocks. Here is the address for Deer Creek Park. 5464 Pacific St, Rocklin, California.

Have fun guys. Wish I could make this one but I have to babysit Triplets.

C H
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #1523
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: rocklin
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
I googled it to see an overhead view. Looks like a nice set of rocks. Here is the address for Deer Creek Park. 5464 Pacific St, Rocklin, California.

Have fun guys. Wish I could make this one but I have to babysit Triplets.

C H
the Triplets can come out to....lol.....will i will bee going out tommorrow as will...... hit me up...1-916-289-0952
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #1524
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: r/c crawlin' heaven...
Posts: 2,444
Default

G6'ers check the comp thread, night has fallen upon us and we are going to respond with the proverbial LED middle finger...

Happy Easter!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #1525
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RC Blackhole
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
G6'ers check the comp thread, night has fallen upon us and we are going to respond with the proverbial LED middle finger...

Happy Easter!

i knew this was coming Parker, lights are coming along, can't wait, "Tufa" two weeks in a row, gotta find some bald tires lol
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #1526
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FOLSOM
Posts: 15
Default

Kinda off topic...saw dirtbikes in G6 background. How long of a drive is that from Folsom? Need to get my daughter out riding her quad in an area other than prairie city.

Anyone crawling Folsom lake area. Sat or Sun?
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #1527
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: r/c crawlin' heaven...
Posts: 2,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
i knew this was coming Parker, lights are coming along, can't wait, "Tufa" two weeks in a row, gotta find some bald tires lol

Don't worry, they will be bald after the tufa!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #1528
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Across the street from Folsom Prison
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZE004 View Post
Kinda off topic...saw dirtbikes in G6 background. How long of a drive is that from Folsom? Need to get my daughter out riding her quad in an area other than prairie city.

Anyone crawling Folsom lake area. Sat or Sun?
I haven't been there but I think it's about 20-30 minutes north of reno. So a little further away than PC
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #1529
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Roseville,Ca
Posts: 540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZE004 View Post
Kinda off topic...saw dirtbikes in G6 background. How long of a drive is that from Folsom? Need to get my daughter out riding her quad in an area other than prairie city.

Anyone crawling Folsom lake area. Sat or Sun?
fvrr is correct about 30 mins from downtown Reno. You should check it out awesome riding area it goes for miles and miles.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #1530
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Across the street from Folsom Prison
Posts: 1,081
Default TC racing

I know this is a crawler site but you can't pass up good racing. I can't believe it's been a few years already. IFMAR 1/10th world championships in Thailand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXLt...eature=related
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #1531
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FOLSOM
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by See65 View Post
fvrr is correct about 30 mins from downtown Reno. You should check it out awesome riding area it goes for miles and miles.

Thanks to you and FVRR. Fairly new to the area and have not yet driven to Reno, so I did a map search after the first description. My daughter grew up riding in the Imperial sand dunes (Glamis to most). It seems like Sand Mountain would be a bit far for a one day trip to ride. I was looking for something closer. I'll have to map Sand Mountain again and compare. Any closer areas that are similar/wide open to ride?
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #1532
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FOLSOM
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
I know this is a crawler site but you can't pass up good racing. I can't believe it's been a few years already. IFMAR 1/10th world championships in Thailand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXLt...eature=related
+1, I love all RC. (just can't afford it all)
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #1533
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Across the street from Folsom Prison
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZE004 View Post
Thanks to you and FVRR. Fairly new to the area and have not yet driven to Reno, so I did a map search after the first description. My daughter grew up riding in the Imperial sand dunes (Glamis to most). It seems like Sand Mountain would be a bit far for a one day trip to ride. I was looking for something closer. I'll have to map Sand Mountain again and compare. Any closer areas that are similar/wide open to ride?
We use to go out to West Sacramento but I haven't been since I sold mine and I think my buddy said they may have closed the area by the river because everyone was dumping crap everywhere. Both spots in NV would not be day trips.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #1534
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Roseville,Ca
Posts: 540
Default

Not a lot of wide open areas to ride around here anymore. Prarie citys not bad and marysville used to be pretty good around e street but not sure anymore.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #1535
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Across the street from Folsom Prison
Posts: 1,081
Default

Now there is a reason to go to MT But it's pricey from what we're use to. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...46#post3058846 I'll have to see when parker is heading up and how much room he's got. Or better yet my buddy who drives up every week and I'd just need to find a ride home
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #1536
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RC Blackhole
Posts: 513
Default

i added some more lights this weekend trying to brighten up the night.

picked up some brighter LED's


made up a plate out of .031 wide alum. its backwards in this pic


added a bucket and wired it up


plugged into existing wires with micro deans






the wall is about 2 1/2 feet away and all the new lights are working




front view


top view


i have roughly $20 and 6 hours in this project and need to test them on the rocks in the next few days to make some fine adjustments before playing on the Tufa.

you guy's doing lights for the G6 pm me if you need any more info or help for your own rig, i'll see what i can do

Last edited by sumquak; 04-24-2011 at 02:42 PM.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #1537
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Across the street from Folsom Prison
Posts: 1,081
Default

Looking good John, just need to figure out why my blue body honcho lights stopped working. Wasn't too concerned until now The 4 headlights were super bright durning the day at the team lerk comp I went to a few months ago. I'm more concerned about my head lamp trying to locate the markers now
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #1538
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: citrus hts
Posts: 135
Default

anyone up for crawling on wensday?
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #1539
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Across the street from Folsom Prison
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
anyone up for crawling on wensday?
I was off today and just got back from a couple packs by the rodeo grounds. Hows your HH combo working? Especially the handwound 35T
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #1540
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
I was off today and just got back from a couple packs by the rodeo grounds. Hows your HH combo working? Especially the handwound 35T
You should have hit me up!!! Let me know when you go again.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com