Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #141
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by day215 View Post
Ahhh, you gotta love Google! I have a pretty good idea of where it is, if I can make it out, I'll try to meet up at the am/pm, look for the Guy in the blue ram with the lost look in his eyes. Otherwise I'll see of I can meet you guys there. Is three a place for my wife to take our daughter for a walk in a stroller, she hasn't quite bought into the idea of me slapping some bfgs on it just yet.
I sent you a pm with my #
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #142
Rock Crawler

Hi guys STILL out of town. There is some disscusion about National type Scale rules going on in the Competion section. Good reading and good ideas. I do have the scaler with me so Iam not completly out of the loop. I think some of the So. Bay guys have GTGs every once in awhile, I will have to check them out.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #143
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Hi guys STILL out of town. There is some disscusion about National type Scale rules going on in the Competion section. Good reading and good ideas. I do have the scaler with me so Iam not completly out of the loop. I think some of the So. Bay guys have GTGs every once in awhile, I will have to check them out.
Hey Bill, yeah that thread is on fire! Put my 2 cents in about it will only satisfy 85% of the people

Gordy and I went out to Folsom yesterday and met up with day215 (Daniel). Fun as usual. Daniel brought out his comp rig but we'll convert him soon
Old 10-03-2010, 05:35 AM   #144
Rock Crawler

On fire is right, I dont envy the guys who will be making the final rules up as you can not please everyone. It looks like I will be down here in San Martin for quite awhile, people who where going to buy our property and business lost their funding at the last moment Anyway my wife and I are going to stay down here to run the business ourselves, and sell the house in Elk Grove. I will catch up with you guys at some point but until then keep this thing going as it was too much fun.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Trying to make me a convert ehh? I went home a shortened my wheelbase to 12.5" to make tires comp legal, I really didn't see that happening, so you never know when the dcaler bug might bite me. Again, thanks for having me out, I love that Folsom lake terrain! I'm taking my son to the caverns in calaveras today, and you had better believe the crawlers coming with us!
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #146
RCC Addict

Quote:
On fire is right, I dont envy the guys who will be making the final rules up as you can not please everyone. It looks like I will be down here in San Martin for quite awhile, people who where going to buy our property and business lost their funding at the last moment Anyway my wife and I are going to stay down here to run the business ourselves, and sell the house in Elk Grove. I will catch up with you guys at some point but until then keep this thing going as it was too much fun.
Don't know if that's good or bad? Hope everything works out for you guys. We'll keep in touch before next years nationals if your still up for going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by day215 View Post
Trying to make me a convert ehh? I went home a shortened my wheelbase to 12.5" to make tires comp legal, I really didn't see that happening, so you never know when the dcaler bug might bite me. Again, thanks for having me out, I love that Folsom lake terrain! I'm taking my son to the caverns in calaveras today, and you had better believe the crawlers coming with us!
Haha Daniel, just kidding! I got rid of my comp rigs as scalers are just too much fun but each time I see a new comp rig makes me want to get another but not going to. Have ideas on another scaler as soon as I get these 3 finished
Old 10-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #147
Pebble Pounder

Well guys, I have relocated back to San Diego for awhile, not sure when i'll be back. have been trying to find work in Sac but its just not happening. I'll catch up with ya guys when i'm back in town. Had a great time with ya all, hope to be back soon, just not sure when.
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #148
Rock Crawler

Sorry to hear that Derek, Iam in the same boat. Really had a blast running at the comps. with you, hope all works out for you with your move. I bet there is a good scale thing in SD. Go Chargers
Old 10-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

Boy, I have to say, this is a bummer, just as you guys are leaving the area, I should be moving to Lincoln by the end of this month. Hope there's somebody still around to play with !
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #150
RCC Addict

Finally back home on my computer. Couldn't post from my phone. Economy sucks I can't believe only 12% are unemployed

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Derek, Iam in the same boat. Really had a blast running at the comps. with you, hope all works out for you with your move. I bet there is a good scale thing in SD. Go Chargers
I'm sure we will bump into you again Bill. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2ridemx View Post
Well guys, I have relocated back to San Diego for awhile, not sure when i'll be back. have been trying to find work in Sac but its just not happening. I'll catch up with ya guys when i'm back in town. Had a great time with ya all, hope to be back soon, just not sure when.
I know I'll see you again Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Boy, I have to say, this is a bummer, just as you guys are leaving the area, I should be moving to Lincoln by the end of this month. Hope there's somebody still around to play with !
We still have several guys here that aren't going anywhere soon. Well I'm gone for 5-14 at a time but got home to make sure I'm in Santa Rosa on Saturday If your at the GTG I'll have 2 honchos and a ftoy on the counter for show and tell and Gordy with have his hilux jk and a couple others he's bringing.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #151
Rock Crawler

Cool, I'll see you guys on Saturday...
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #152

Gtg this Saturday?
miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles View Post
Gtg this Saturday?
Santa Rosa for Gordy and I. U want to go?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #154

na i dont think id be able to make it .. was just unsure if there was one or not
miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #155
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys, I really wish I could have been at the santa rosa gtg, I have not played with the scaler since I left Sac. Have had alot of stuff happing with family here in San Diego the past two weeks. Just wanted to drop by to say hi, the job I had lined up here in SD didn't work out, I will probley end up back in Sac soon. we'll see. hope the scale gtg's keep rolling in the area. you all take care.
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #156
RCC Addict

Hey Derek sorry to hear about the job situation. The night run last night was fun, not sure if I'd do it every week though. Gordy won peoples choice at the hobby shop $25 gift cert for his JK and my raffle ticket was the first one called at the site of a pro line tubeer for a ax10 which I traded to Gordy since I have a metal tuber There were about 25 rigs I only took a few pics but there are a lot more pics on the event site. Link a few posts back up. BTW thanks to Jakes Performance Hobbies for hosting as well as Novak, Pro-Line, Maddog RC and V&G Crawlers for the raffle prizes.
http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #157
RCC Addict

BTW here is the interior Gordy finished up for me before the event. Those are team3six seats.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #158
RCC Addict

When will the next get together take place? I wanna bring the scaler out.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #159
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld View Post
When will the next get together take place? I wanna bring the scaler out.
Gordy and I are pretty much free during the week. PM me when your available and we'll go from there. We've gone out to Folsom Lake the last 2 times which was fun. Bill and Derek moved out of town so we are the only 2 who are trying to keep this scale thing going up here in Sac. I think we had as high as 7-8 at fast track before they moved to rocklin which I think they are opening today but not sure on their rock course yet. Little drive for me to do on a regular basis. I'm going to the spot in american river canyon to see how it looks for scalers.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #160
RCC Addict

Just LMK... I'm in Folsom, will bring my 2.2 and my scaler.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM