Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #1581
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Mike (nissan driver) asked if I'd be interested in doing the final team lerk comp Event #6 Rock Hard 1.9 Scaler Series Finals I didn't realize it but it looks like a overnighter. The area looks killer but not sure where it is other than central cali. Just know that it's going to be somewhat different then our G6's. But looks like they are adding a little G6 love on post 38. I'll have to s ee if I can make it or not. Anniversary weekend for me.
The scale comp will be held Saturday with guys camping to hang out and run a TTC event sunday. The Saturday comp is or final event of our Rock Hard Series so you know we have to shake it up and show the G6 some love on a shorter scale . It would be great if you guys could make it out it's going to be a blast.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #1582
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You know it John! Now we may have to have a better tech table to make sure those "Eastern Tennessee" lights are scale I know they do things a little different there than CA/NV. First ever G6 night run was fun even though my motor got so hot that I lost 2 solder joints yesterday Need to figure something out before AWCC.

Mike (nissan driver) asked if I'd be interested in doing the final team lerk comp Event #6 Rock Hard 1.9 Scaler Series Finals I didn't realize it but it looks like a overnighter. The area looks killer but not sure where it is other than central cali. Just know that it's going to be somewhat different then our G6's. But looks like they are adding a little G6 love on post 38. I'll have to see if I can make it or not. Anniversary weekend for me.

Martin, those lights reminded me of when they used lanterns for lights on trucks lol, remember it's a G6, "whatever Parker wants it to be" , fun first and foremost.

i believe it's up hiway 4 out of angels camp. hope i can make it also, conflict with a BYB's 2.2 comp rounding up supplies to send to Catpwrd and his troops in afghanistan instead of paying an entry fee, still have a couple of weeks to figure it out.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #1583
Rock Crawler

forgot i found this picking up this morning, if you recognize it pm me and i'll get it back to you.

John
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #1584
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You know it John! Now we may have to have a better tech table to make sure those "Eastern Tennessee" lights are scale
When Parker's daughter Rosa decided to drive at the last minute, he had to come up with something quick! Because we are usually to busy to drive, he didnt put his LED'S on his rig yet! Mike See also had to sacrifice by taking 2 DNF'S on the night stages. When his son Noah busted a driveline, he pulled the one off his rig so he could finish his stages!!! Way to go Mike and great drivng Noah!!! That right there is what RECON and the G6 Challenge is all about!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #1585
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
When Parker's daughter Rosa decided to drive at the last minute, he had to come up with something quick! Because we are usually to busy to drive, he didnt put his LED'S on his rig yet! Mike See also had to sacrifice by taking 2 DNF'S on the night stages. When his son Noah busted a driveline, he pulled the one off his rig so he could finish his stages!!! Way to go Mike and great drivng Noah!!! That right there is what RECON and the G6 Challenge is all about!
Just joking Brad.. If I wasn't having fun I would keep showing up and pimping recon G6 baby! I had 2 DNF's also and still had fun
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #1586
Rock Crawler

Awesome weekend time yesterday guys. Wow what an event, it was great to see so many sac guys coming out and representing. Like Martin has stated we plan on going to the Team Lerk comp and I would love to see another group of us out there representing our area, skills, and rigs.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #1587
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
It was worth it to see my boy doing work on the night stages.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #1588
Rock Crawler

Anyone heading out to Folsom this weekend? I plan on being there on Sunday for sure.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #1589
RCC Addict

Default Awcc g6

I"m confused. I guess I'll need to talk to parker next week. I thought we didn't need to sign up for G6 at the AWCC but reading the AWCC thread I came across this. http://awcc2011.eventbrite.com/ $35 isn't bad for a 3 day event but I want to make sure I'm in
Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #1590
Rock Crawler

I hear ya let me know if we need to sign up. Also we should all get together and figure out camping arrangements.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #1591
RCC Addict

Mike and Mike, you guys want to get together sometime in the next couple of weeks to go over some comp ideas to get something going in/around Sac? I was @ RC country this week talking to Bruce and Jay about their thoughts on which way we should roll.

As far as AWCC I was planning on taking Friday off. I've never camped @ cisco grove but I'm guessing with a lot of people coming from out of town we may want to reserve a spot before too long or ?
Old 05-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #1592
Rock Crawler

guys, heard from Jason today the Team Lerk Rockhard event next week is being moved because of snow at Utica. it will be june 5 up hiway 108 where the norcal 2.2 final will be held check the thread for exact changes.

as far as the AWCC, Parker will be back this week and we will find out more info. for camping, reserve a site, i think it is section A where everyone will be, check the camp map on the AWCC thread Mr Vertical posted. last year we put 2 cars and 2 tents in ours no problem, i thought they were pretty lenient as long as you had a day pass and found a campsite to share. they say there are showers but i wouldn't use them. i think i'm going up thursday night to help setup bright and early friday with the recon crew and to get ready for the 2.2 LCQ.

any more info i get i'll keep posted and in the mean time,
COME ON SUN, MELT THAT SNOW
Old 05-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #1593
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
guys, heard from Jason today the Team Lerk Rockhard event next week is being moved because of snow at Utica. it will be june 5 up hiway 108 where the norcal 2.2 final will be held check the thread for exact changes.

as far as the AWCC, Parker will be back this week and we will find out more info. for camping, reserve a site, i think it is section A where everyone will be, check the camp map on the AWCC thread Mr Vertical posted. last year we put 2 cars and 2 tents in ours no problem, i thought they were pretty lenient as long as you had a day pass and found a campsite to share. they say there are showers but i wouldn't use them. i think i'm going up thursday night to help setup bright and early friday with the recon crew and to get ready for the 2.2 LCQ.

any more info i get i'll keep posted and in the mean time,
COME ON SUN, MELT THAT SNOW

Thanks for the update John
Old 05-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #1594
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Mike and Mike, you guys want to get together sometime in the next couple of weeks to go over some comp ideas to get something going in/around Sac? I was @ RC country this week talking to Bruce and Jay about their thoughts on which way we should roll.

ya we need to get comps goin local . dnt got the funds to travel to a comp..
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1595
Rock Crawler

Quote:

As far as AWCC I was planning on taking Friday off. I've never camped @ cisco grove but I'm guessing with a lot of people coming from out of town we may want to reserve a spot before too long or ?

I'm down just let me know a day and time and we can get something rolling.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #1596
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by See65 View Post
I'm down just let me know a day and time and we can get something rolling.
x2 i'm down
Old 05-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #1597
Rock Crawler

Bought the ticket to the AWCC G6 event... now gotta figure out camp site part let me know what you guys are planning
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #1598
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Bought the ticket to the AWCC G6 event... now gotta figure out camp site part let me know what you guys are planning
this is what i can tell you about last year, refering to campground map in "where you staying at awcc thread" space 12 is a room axial had and the front was where drivers meeting, etc. were held. Parker set up tough truck events in the ball field and it's flat for fast rc fun. sites in area around #110 were closed as was the bathroom, i had #23 and it was small and had alot of traffic from the perimeter road next to it. #'s 85- 104 are on the creek and i thought looked great. i think every site has 110 power and water on it so bring a cord, but i'm not positive on plugs if they're standard or not.

if you have an atv with a green sticker bring it to help avoid some walking around the area. it's a pretty large area around the campground and Parker will use it all, last year i couldn't believe how far i walked for courses.

i'm down for 1/2 a site friday and saturday, just my truck for now. will be up early helping Parker set courses or whatever he needs both days and probably late picking things up. running the XR friday morning and hope i can get out of judging but, we'll see, still haven't figured out when i'm going to sleep lol

any questions post up, i'll try to help if i can
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #1599
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
I guess I'll get mine now. Since your not working how about you calling the camp ground to see what spaces are still available, how many tents can be in a spot, how many cars can park etc I might be by your house tomorrow so I'll give you a call if your home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
this is what i can tell you about last year, refering to campground map in "where you staying at awcc thread" space 12 is a room axial had and the front was where drivers meeting, etc. were held. Parker set up tough truck events in the ball field and it's flat for fast rc fun. sites in area around #110 were closed as was the bathroom, i had #23 and it was small and had alot of traffic from the perimeter road next to it. #'s 85- 104 are on the creek and i thought looked great. i think every site has 110 power and water on it so bring a cord, but i'm not positive on plugs if they're standard or not.

if you have an atv with a green sticker bring it to help avoid some walking around the area. it's a pretty large area around the campground and Parker will use it all, last year i couldn't believe how far i walked for courses.

i'm down for 1/2 a site friday and saturday, just my truck for now. will be up early helping Parker set courses or whatever he needs both days and probably late picking things up. running the XR friday morning and hope i can get out of judging but, we'll see, still haven't figured out when i'm going to sleep lol

any questions post up, i'll try to help if i can
Once i talk to Mike, Mike and Chris I may be down splitting with you? I've got access to a quad and Ftoy with green stickers but don't have a truck to tow anymore
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #1600
RCC Addict

Check it out guys

***Cen Cal 1.9 Throw Down***
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM