Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #1681
Pebble Pounder

Oh by the way did u get married this weekend? If so congratulations! Then the next question is will your wife let u go and play hahaha[/QUOTE]

LOL Yap thx Martin. got married last night leaving in the morning for a week will be back sat. And yes as long as if its a one day trip!!! lol
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #1682
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
how come u're selling the honcho??? noooOooooOo!!!! haha I might be down to comp but I don't have a mrc... and i'm not a losi fan... so maybe only the scaler...
I have to sell it or else I'd never get any of my other rigs built. Just like now I'm going to make one more run. I need to get the other stuff done for awcc :-) I've never comped a mrc so this will be my first. No reason why u and jason can't drive it either if u guys want. Should be a good time, the lerk boys put on some nice comps

I'm thinking of leaving around 6. I can drive but might be tight with 3 + rigs
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #1683

hey new to the area and thinking of going camping up in your neck of the woods looking at folsom lake where is a good area for scaleing and crawling
rustynails78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #1684
Pebble Pounder

oak point or dotons. not sure how high the water is though. if it's high there won't be much rocks at oak point.
wingnutcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #1685
RCC Addict

Folsom Lake is pretty much under water now. There's some nice areas under the rodeo grounds but has a lot of poison oak. If you go a page or two back I put some pics of some rocks up in El Dorado Hills and I've been working up in EDH and found some areas of rock but haven't had time to stop and check them out just yet. Or there is a scale and 1.9 mrc comp in manteca sunday.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #1686
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Folsom Lake is pretty much under water now. There's some nice areas under the rodeo grounds but has a lot of poison oak. If you go a page or two back I put some pics of some rocks up in El Dorado Hills and I've been working up in EDH and found some areas of rock but haven't had time to stop and check them out just yet. Or there is a scale and 1.9 mrc comp in manteca sunday.
Yes and the lake is even deeper last night, I haven't seen it this full in a while.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #1687
Rock Crawler

A little mudding today to break-in the brushless system (Tekin RS Pro with a 13.5 Redline motor.... no problems from the system but my receiver did go out a couple times cause it box isn't totally water proof.

nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #1688
RCC Addict

Dude I don't see any roosters and its not muddy enough with the rs pro and bl lol. I need to see full throttle like brokennib in mud. And you put that in your car! So you and mike switching from the fxr's? I need another one if u guys are.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #1689
Rock Crawler

I may have an extra or 2 laying around.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #1690
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Dude I don't see any roosters and its not muddy enough with the rs pro and bl lol. I need to see full throttle like brokennib in mud. And you put that in your car! So you and mike switching from the fxr's? I need another one if u guys are.
Oh there were some rooster going crazy just couldn't get it on my phones camera while driving by myself. haha and you know I had a garbage bag to put my truck in my trunk, I would never let mud touch my Infiniti lol.... I'm not switching to brushless yet, after my mudding and cleaning the rig found one of the three sensor on the motor died and it's shipped to Tekin for service... stick with the FXR for mudding / water cause the brushless doesn't like good old H20, my G6 rig will stay brushed for sure FXR W/35t
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #1691
Pebble Pounder

got a question for yall, the upcoming awcc/G6 event.....Im thinking on registering for the scale Comp. But I dont see any rules?My question is does it have to be an SCX10? or have an axial part on it?
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #1692
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
got a question for yall, the upcoming awcc/G6 event.....Im thinking on registering for the scale Comp. But I dont see any rules?My question is does it have to be an SCX10? or have an axial part on it?
Some info. for ya.

http://reconcrawlers.freeforums.org/...ntel-t696.html
KevenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #1693
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevenP View Post

Thanx!
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #1694
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Wellllll now that axial is sponsoring some of the G6 events and this is AWCC they want the scalers to be axial based. My understanding is if you finish on the podium NO prizes or swag for you if you run something other. So if you had a rc4wd based scaler you can run but you can't win any of the giveaways

I understand it but don't really agree with it. Won't happen in Sac if we ever get anything going here
Old 06-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #1695
RCC Addict

I know this is a scale section but here is my mini just painted for tomorrows lerk comp. You know you guys want one 79.99 til monday

One thing I do know is that it's not worth it to airbrush one color (green) I bought the metallic black this morning and was thinking I should get the green also but knew I already had green at home. Took more time to clean it than paint

Old 06-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #1696
Pebble Pounder

Hey there, been a long time member and just getting back into the hobby again. Would like to know where and who goes out to play?? Id like to get together sometime and hit some spots with locals since I have no friends that are into this hobby
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #1697
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Hey there, been a long time member and just getting back into the hobby again. Would like to know where and who goes out to play?? Id like to get together sometime and hit some spots with locals since I have no friends that are into this hobby
Welcome me either but these are a great group of guys on this thread and the recon boys in Reno and lerk boys in manteca. Mike Jason John and I went down to the team lerk comp today. Comped with the scalers as well as the mrc 1.9 mini. With the lake up pretty high areas are getting a little scarce around folsom. We are 2 weeks until the AWCC up in cisco grove so we're all trying to get our rigs ready. Me, I'm changing mine for the event
Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #1698
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

hi welcome ther is a spot in rocklin called deer creek. its good for a few hrs. i usally go on tues or wens cus i work graveyard so i go around noon on those days if i go
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #1699
Pebble Pounder

Sounds good, im not really into the whole comp thing yet. But im sure if I actually go to an event it will strike my fancy and im sure to participate. Ill keep my eyes open on local and surrounding get togethers. Ill have to read up on comp rules and see how strict everything really is

Do the meet ups usually get posted here in this section, or are they through out RCC hidden somewhere else?
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #1700
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Do the meet ups usually get posted here in this section, or are they through out RCC hidden somewhere else?

Most gtg r posted here. alot of us exchanged numbers when we meet up so sometimes we jus call or txt, but usally someone will post up on this thread tho

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM