Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #1701
Rock Crawler

So Martin, Jason, and Myself headed out to the Team Lerk comp today, had some fun but I'm definitely not used to 2.2 comp style Scale comps.... G6 rules are better in my eyes, but nevertheless met some really cool people and had a good time. Please don't hate me if these are too many pics but oh well. Enjoy the pics

nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #1702
RCC Addict

Oh my, no wonder it wouldn't load on my phone
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #1703
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Oh my, no wonder it wouldn't load on my phone
Wow, thatsa lotta pics ! looked like a fun comp, wish i could have been there.... As it is I'm trying to get ready for AWCC at the end of the month, finally got some more lights for this thing.... and I'm goin' rally boys. Yeehaw.
I need to wire everything up yet, but my carpal tunnel has really flared up and it makes it pretty challenging. I can barely hold a pen, much less deal with led's and little screws.....

brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #1704
Pebble Pounder

Looks Great! Oh and I like how you have AWCC scheduled on the calender
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #1705
RCC Addict

nib where did you get your lights from they look sick
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #1706
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Looks Great! Oh and I like how you have AWCC scheduled on the calender
Good eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
nib where did you get your lights from they look sick
Theyre Integy, model no. INTC23220 adjustable and all aluminum for 30 bucks. Hopefully they'll hold up to my abuse.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #1707
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Wow, thatsa lotta pics ! looked like a fun comp, wish i could have been there.... As it is I'm trying to get ready for AWCC at the end of the month, finally got some more lights for this thing.... and I'm goin' rally boys. Yeehaw.
I need to wire everything up yet, but my carpal tunnel has really flared up and it makes it pretty challenging. I can barely hold a pen, much less deal with led's and little screws.....
Truck looks good. For your carpal tunnel, get one or two of those wrist braces and wear them (at least at night), they help a lot. Exercises and stretching help too: http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/...TSexercise.htm

I've had this before and it sucks...take care of it as best you can and you might not need surgery.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #1708
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Truck looks good. For your carpal tunnel, get one or two of those wrist braces and wear them (at least at night), they help a lot. Exercises and stretching help too: http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/...TSexercise.htm

I've had this before and it sucks...take care of it as best you can and you might not need surgery.
Oh yeah I'm rock'in the wrist braces.... wearing both of them. It does'nt help when your running an impact gun all day.
those exercises really help, thanks!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #1709

going to good yaer today when i get off work at 5:00..if u want to go hit me up.....1-916-289-0952
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #1710
Rock Crawler

anyone up for the middle school in el dorado hills this weekend. i need one more test session before AWCC for both my rigs and tired of having the place all to myself. post up. any time after 10 saturday all weekend for me, i'll have some gates also
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #1711
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
anyone up for the middle school in el dorado hills this weekend. i need one more test session before AWCC for both my rigs and tired of having the place all to myself. post up. any time after 10 saturday all weekend for me, i'll have some gates also
Figures as I just pulled my truck apart yesterday. Ill watch this thread, if people go, ill be there to introduce myself and scope out the action.
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #1712
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Figures as I just pulled my truck apart yesterday. Ill watch this thread, if people go, ill be there to introduce myself and scope out the action.
Arrrrrr I have to work. No practice needed anymore for G6 Just run it 'til it dies.

I want to run my mini! Mike is dropping of some shock cups for it and I'm going to put some limiters in and see how that goes.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #1713
Rock Crawler

headed out to the middle school in EDH around 4:30, silva valley parkway and harvard south end
Old 06-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #1714
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
headed out to the middle school in EDH around 4:30, silva valley parkway and harvard south end
How was the session? I dropped some serious dough on a honcho kit and accessories today at rccountry.

I'll be having some updates once I get working on it.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #1715
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How was the session? I dropped some serious dough on a honcho kit and accessories today at rccountry.

got out for about 45 minutes. XR has been clicking a little lately and to day it really showed up, rear tranny bearing shot. thought it was coming, i rebuilt the front monday and didn't find anything wrong so i figured it was the rear. never got the honcho out, had to get the XR home to figure out what i need from Gold Country Hobbies tomorrow.

the rock was extremely slick today, i think it was the afternoon sun. been out there early usually and not near as slick. i only stayed in one 50 foot section in the back. the rocks are in the sun but i was in the shade on the sidewalk, one of the nice things about this place.

if anyone heads out there please be aware of snakes. i have'nt seen one yet, but the grounds crew says they like the shade also on hot days and will be on the sidewalks
Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #1716
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
got out for about 45 minutes. XR has been clicking a little lately and to day it really showed up, rear tranny bearing shot. thought it was coming, i rebuilt the front monday and didn't find anything wrong so i figured it was the rear. never got the honcho out, had to get the XR home to figure out what i need from Gold Country Hobbies tomorrow.

the rock was extremely slick today, i think it was the afternoon sun. been out there early usually and not near as slick. i only stayed in one 50 foot section in the back. the rocks are in the sun but i was in the shade on the sidewalk, one of the nice things about this place.

if anyone heads out there please be aware of snakes. i have'nt seen one yet, but the grounds crew says they like the shade also on hot days and will be on the sidewalks
Slick rocks?
Seems too me that the rocks plus the heat would be all win considering a rubber compound all over them. Interesting, guess im in for a treat with my thinking lol. Excuse my newbniss but is XR referring you your radio?

Is gold country hobbies local to Sac?

Was anyone else there to company you?
Old 06-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #1717
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Slick rocks?
Seems too me that the rocks plus the heat would be all win considering a rubber compound all over them. Interesting, guess im in for a treat with my thinking lol. Excuse my newbniss but is XR referring you your radio?

Is gold country hobbies local to Sac?

Was anyone else there to company you?

i've driven lines in the morning that were totally doable then 2 hours of sun on them and i can't get up them. they say some rock secretes an oil when heated and thats the only way to explain it.

sorry, my XR is my XR10 comp rig, my scaler is a gas but i'm a gate freak first. lol

Gold Country is up hiway 50 in Cameron Park, not a huge selection of stuff, but Mike is one of the best techs in the area and knows RC. if your looking for a servo winch, Mike makes a no drift model or he'll sell you the parts to do your own if you already have a servo to use.

as usual was alone, didn't give much notice time to everyone. it worked out after breaking in such a short time and needing to leave. i spent almost an hour on 50 ft of the rocks and there is more than an 1/8 of a mile there with many trails through them. i think it's a great crawling area and it's 10 minutes from my house.

alot of us sac guys are headed to the West Coast Championships up hiway 80 in Cisco Grove next weekend, 3 days of scale madness, i can't wait.

get that rig running so you can get out and play. Folsom Lake will drop eventually and offer more places to go.

John

Last edited by sumquak; 06-19-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #1718
RCC Addict

Quote:

Get cracking, AWCC + G6 is only several days away
Old 06-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #1719

wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #1720
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Get cracking, AWCC + G6 is only several days away
I wouldn't even know where to begin to start participating in those events until I was a sideline cheerleader lol, just to get an idea of what was happening.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM