Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #181
Pebble Pounder

Hey Martin, I havent had any time to play with the scaler. my Mom and Dad had a major house fire. so since I got here I have been working with the contractor and he's paying me to do work on the house. so until things slow down, just no time to play. I will be back in Sac if I don't find work by christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Wat up D! any crawling down south? Went out to auburn today with kapp916 to check out the river @ 49 Big enough to find scale stuff but probably more comp stuff but not bad for a couple hours. Can't beat the price either
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #182
Rock Crawler

Hey Derek, sorry to hear about your parents troubles but Iam sure it will all work out. Hope your job search in SD works out for you as I know most of your family is there. Take a break from the work and clear your head with some scale action, it will do you good! *EDIT* Thing are going real smooth for us with this house sale and we should be back to Elk Grove before Thanksgiving YEAH

Last edited by Big Bill; 10-29-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:05 PM   #183

anyone out crawling with there scalers today!?
kapp916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:29 PM   #184
RCC Addict

Not today for me but I've been talking to Tom and Gordy about Saturday 11/6. Where does everyone want to go?
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #185
Pebble Pounder

Hey Bill, thanks for the kind works my friend. The Honcho's just been colecting dust since i've been here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Hey Derek, sorry to hear about your parents troubles but Iam sure it will all work out. Hope your job search in SD works out for you as I know most of your family is there. Take a break from the work and clear your head with some scale action, it will do you good! *EDIT* Thing are going real smooth for us with this house sale and we should be back to Elk Grove before Thanksgiving YEAH
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #186

Default Folsom Point

Any scalers run at Folsom Point? Went there with the backyard boyz today. While they set-up and ran comp courses, I just played around. Lots of area to run and looked like it could be good for a scaler "follow the leader." No huge rocks and not a lot of holes just good solid stuff with cracks and ledges. I can post some pix from my phone if interested. It's just East of the new bridge below Folsom Dam. Very easy to get to.

Hey, Derek sorry to hear about your parent's place. Good luck finding work. If you stay there you will be missed. I always had fun wheeling with you-even though it wasn't too often.
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #187

yes post pics of that area near the dam! id be able to go there for a nice follow the leader scale run. just let me know when. -Justin
Old 11-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #188
Rock Stacker

I do not have any plans on the 6th that I am aware of so I would be game to drive for a while. I also talked with my dad and he would be interested also
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #189
Rock Stacker

And for a spot I'm pretty much game for where ever Folsom lake, rainbow bridge beach or Negro bar I think it's called, there's also access to the American river trails on fair oaks blvd near sunrise.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #190

im game let me know when and were ... lets see some pics
miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #191

Hang in there guys I got on here late and my phone is taking forever to send or the laptop to receive pix. Most likely have to post them Tues after voting.
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #192
Rock Crawler

I'm finally moved into Lincoln, I can join you guys this Saturday once the where and when's are figured out.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #193
RCC Addict

Don't know why I didn't take any area pics of the spot Justin and I hit last week in auburn 49 & the river. I'd say 50/50 for scale vs comp lines. Haven't heard of scaling in negro bar or off the american river. If we have more than 2 or 3 guys we should probably hit a place we know for sure will work. There are a lot of spots at the lake but cost $10 to get in during the weekend. Gordy Derek and I normally hop into someones ride and split the fee. I've never been to the spot in Roseville/Rocklin but Bill said he had a blast there. I'm pretty much open to where ever.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #194
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
I'm finally moved into Lincoln, I can join you guys this Saturday once the where and when's are figured out.
Nice if your not working during the week yet let me know we can go out during the week also As long as I don't get a call to work I'm in for Sat.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #195
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Nice if your not working during the week yet let me know we can go out during the week also As long as I don't get a call to work I'm in for Sat.
Sounds good! I'll be up in the Sierras for the next few days, but I'll be back in town by this weekend. Are you guys talking about Quarry Park in Rocklin? Looks pretty good from Google maps, I'll try to post up a link.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #196
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Sounds good! I'll be up in the Sierras for the next few days, but I'll be back in town by this weekend. Are you guys talking about Quarry Park in Rocklin? Looks pretty good from Google maps, I'll try to post up a link.
I've never been. Bill and Gordy went out there. I think general directions are earlier in this thread by big bill
Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #197
Rock Crawler

see if this works
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...2&spn=0,0&z=19
Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #198
Rock Crawler

Its actually deer creek park (apparently) Quarry park is up the road, but I couldn't see any parking, looks like Deer Creek has access by the train tracks.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #199

thats a nice placee for comp.. not so much for scale imo.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #200
Rock Stacker

That place looks pretty cool but it might be hardcore might have to build trails there. I have never been there to scale but right up the road from where you went at 49 and the American river there is a ohv park called mammoth bar it has a ton of trails from moto and atvs and horses I'm not sure when it closes but I'm sure it will close for winter pretty soon also folsom lake will also close for winter. I'm not sure where at folsom lake you guys have been have you been to the rattlesnake bar side of Folsom?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM