Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #4661
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob View Post
I lost all my contacts on my phone, how ya been??
Tried to pm you but your box is full

Sent from my VZW 4g LTE Note 2
KBess1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #4662
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBess1110 View Post
Tried to pm you but your box is full

I cleaned it up, it should work now
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #4663
I wanna be Dave

wow! your back.. what up bro
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #4664
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkerd View Post
wow! your back.. what up bro
Not yet, Crawlin will never leave my soul, just had to take a break and focus on life for a bit. I'm gonna get another rig soon and should be on the rocks this summer ready to get my G6 and crawl on with the boys!! Missed ya guys!
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #4665
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob View Post
Not yet, Crawlin will never leave my soul, just had to take a break and focus on life for a bit. I'm gonna get another rig soon and should be on the rocks this summer ready to get my G6 and crawl on with the boys!! Missed ya guys!
What's up? What's your new rig going to be?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #4666
Quarry Creeper

What's up jeff.

Last edited by minicrawlerguy530; 04-26-2013 at 12:28 AM.
minicrawlerguy530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #4667

I'm from yuba city. I would like to scale with whoever!!! I went to bald rock in Orville yesterday with a few friends the week after the g6!. I'm new to this site so not sure how to do anything but email me or send me a message and we can meet up!
Scx10yubacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #4668
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scx10yubacity View Post
I'm from yuba city. I would like to scale with whoever!!! I went to bald rock in Orville yesterday with a few friends the week after the g6!. I'm new to this site so not sure how to do anything but email me or send me a message and we can meet up!
If you're in the oroville area hit up minicrawler guy (alex) he lives out there.

KBess1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #4669
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scx10yubacity View Post
We have a group here in butte county. Myself and a small army lol. Check out the paradise magalia crawlers thread here in the Cali section. We have done a gtg at upper bid well park and we are trying to plan another gtg at bald rock Soonish. Keep in touch. If anyone wants to come back out for just a fun day is cool. Hey Jeff if you still have a spekky remote I got a rig for you to rock
Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #4670

Hey Guys,

New to the scene, just purchased a SCX10 and I'm wanting to shred. I'm in Roseville and will travel to crawl. I've been into RC for a while, but I want to meet some folks and learn some things about crawling. Let me know about any good spots you guys may know of and when you meet up in the Sac/Auburn area. Anyone have any ideas on a good first upgrade for the stock SCX10?

Thanks!
mogibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #4671
Rock Crawler

Beadlock wheels with some weight and remove bump stops from shocks. Get COG as low as possible. They crawl excellent in stock form. Once you start upgrading some parts another becomes the weak link and you need to swap more out. Before you know it, youve spent several hundred bucks....Check scx10 section for tons of upgrades.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #4672
Quarry Creeper

Soft foams up front. And more weight up front
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #4673
Quarry Creeper

KOH Wraith project is finally starting to come together nicely ... How do you eat a elephant?... One bite at a time

BodiBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #4674

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogibbs View Post
Hey Guys,

New to the scene, just purchased a SCX10 and I'm wanting to shred. I'm in Roseville and will travel to crawl. I've been into RC for a while, but I want to meet some folks and learn some things about crawling. Let me know about any good spots you guys may know of and when you meet up in the Sac/Auburn area. Anyone have any ideas on a good first upgrade for the stock SCX10?

Thanks!
I'm new to this too but you definitely have to move the battery up front if you haven't already done so. That increases the performance exponentially!
njacobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #4675
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogibbs View Post
Hey Guys,

Thanks!
I love the fact that there is new blood coming into this thread, the Sacramento GTG have been so slim compared to last year or even the year before. There are tons of spots in the greater Sacramento Area: Folsom Rodeo Grounds, Doton Point, Oak Point, Folsom Point, Deer Creek, Yuba Gap, and so on and so. We should start planning out a GTG on a weekend where there isn't an event going on. Maybe the week after this coming weekend (only because I plan on being at the Las Vegas G6 this coming weekend). So maybe Saturday May 11th??? What do you guys think?

As for first upgrade on a bone stock SCX10 I would do Metal Links, Upgrade Drive line, Servo with BEC, battery depending what you're already using. Whatever the mod though I would go with the best the first time so I don't have to do it again twice or three times. Also no matter what kind of upgrade you have the best thing you could do is know what your rig is capable of and practice always makes perfect. You can not buy skills or experience

If you would like any ideas for some upgrades please feel free to take whatever you can from my current build thread.
Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #4676

Hey all I'm lookin for a Blazer body if anybody has one that they can part with let me know.
The old pro line blazer body with the top not a new one thanks. GTG soon would be nice lookin to get get out there again but not a lot of GTG happinnen.
miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #4677
Rock Stacker

Hey guys I'm going out to Folsom lake at dontons point on Saturday around 9 a.m. Anybody interested in going?
M.yaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #4678

I'm out this weekend, made plans with the wifey. I signed up for the 5/18 comp at Pollock Pines. I would love to meet up the weekend of 5/11 to meet some peeps before the comp.
mogibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #4679
I wanna be Dave

Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #4680
I wanna be Dave

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM