Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: New to Crawling Fremont,Ca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 02:03 AM   #1

Default New to Crawling Fremont,Ca

How's it going I'm new to R/C crawling but not R/C's. I'm looking at getting a SCX10. Where are some good places to go in the East or South Bay to go crawl?

Last edited by Let me Crawl; 07-05-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Let me Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #2

Default Place in Fremont

Paseo Padre Pkwy & Isherwood Way, go to Isherwood staging area park heading towards Quarry lakes. All the rock crawing is along the banks of the creek.
BigArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default .

Crawling area indoor. Hobby Town USA Concord Ca.
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Here's the google link for Nor-Cal crawl spots....Look down the left side of the page to see all the listed places.

Also, I just went to Coyote Hills Park near the Dumbarton Bridge. Nice place to crawl with tons of rock and some trials. Costs 5 bucks to park there.

JB
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

WOW, great compilation of spots. Just the list I was looking for. THANKS.
Spiftacu1ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #6

Default Nor-Cal Crawl Spots

That has to be the best list I've seen!
Thanks for putting it together!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #7

Default Don Edwards Regional Park

Oh yea, this is a pretty sweet spot.
Put in Google maps: 30 Marshlands Rd, Newark, CA. Look at street view. This is the entrace to a trail that leads to a pretty good spot. follow the trail till you see the sign that says park colses at 8:00. at that poit turn left on trail and go up to thr top of the hill on your right.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigArt View Post
That has to be the best list I've seen!
Thanks for putting it together!

The Guys at Nor-Cal put it together and passed it along on their website. I can't take credit for the list, only for posting the link...

Since I started Crawling, I have found so many killer places to Crawl that have not been added. I guess anywhere you find rocks and dirt and "stuff" to drive over, that too can be considered a place to Crawl! LOl...Also depends on how far you are willing to drive to do it?

My next major drive for Crawling the scaler is going to be Bean Hallow...I have never been and it is supposed to be the best natural terrain in these parts for a scale rig. Check out this video and try not to hit your bottom jaw on the keyboard...Bean Hollow Vid

Peace,
JB
Old 09-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #9

Default Bean Hollow

That vid rocks and I am planing a trip to Bean Hollow now...Unbelievable!
Thanks for link,

Art
Old 09-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

When I posted the link, I realized that it was the wrong Bean video...It is a great video but...

Look at this thread and video. It is the exact video that made me obsessive about building and driving a scale crawler!!!

When you going? I am trying to get a trip together before Shwartzenegger closes the park. It made "The List" :(

Peace.

JB
Old 09-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

If your up for a ride out to Livermore here is a really nice spot to crawl.

Cen cal crawlers 1.9 series comp # 3

Also a nice spot on Vineyard in Livermore/Pleasanton about 1/4 mile east of Isabel Ave.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
When I posted the link, I realized that it was the wrong Bean video...It is a great video but...

Look at this thread and video. It is the exact video that made me obsessive about building and driving a scale crawler!!!

When you going? I am trying to get a trip together before Shwartzenegger closes the park. It made "The List" :(

Peace.

JB
Might try to go this Sunday moring. I will be racing at Norcal on saterday and will see if one of my buddies wants to take a ride.
I'll let you know.

Art
Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I was planning on this Sunday as well. The guy I like to wheel with had to cancel because of family stuff. It's all good but I still wanna go! Let me know if you are planning on going. Sunday is a good day for me to go!

My 1:1 car is giving me some trouble now. Intermittent shut down while driving. Having the electrical tested today....Hope I can get it fixed before Sunday. Can't drive all the way out there to strand myself....

JB

Last edited by CruiserHead; 09-11-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #14
I joined the Band!

If anyone is interested PM me for some crawling/scale fun. Cruiserhead and I already get together and it's always more fun when you have a bunch of people running the trails.

Coyote Hills in Fremont is a great place to go. Here is a recent video I took.

grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

That was a cool video Grim! Sounds like the wind was whipping about 20 mph. Nice job on the new rig.....

Peace

JB
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
I joined the Band!

Quote:
That was a cool video Grim! Sounds like the wind was whipping about 20 mph. Nice job on the new rig.....

Peace

JB

Thanks Sir! Yea it was super windy! I ordered some white RC4WD 90mm scale shocks and will see how they work. As it is now the axial ones in semi droop work great.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Does this mean that you are going to install leaf-springs or run it as is? I guess if Droop is working good for you, then by themselves will be sufficient. Looking forward to seeing those in action, maybe you will inspire me.

I totally need to stop sniveling about my shocks and man-up to buy something that will work...I did Vasona last night until it really started raining and I got the Hops real bad! Need to take this beast...

JB

Last edited by CruiserHead; 09-14-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #18
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Does this mean that you are going to install leaf-springs or run it as is? I guess if Droop is working good for you, then by themselves will be sufficient. Looking forward to seeing those in action, maybe you will inspire me.

I totally need to stop sniveling about my shocks and man-up to buy something that will work...I did Vasona last night until it really started raining and I got the Hops real bad! Need to take this beast...

JB
No leaf springs for me. The RC4WD shocks are just scale shocks with internal springs no oil and look great! I just tried them out and sadly the springs are wayto stiff and it seems no one sells softer ones. I ended up painting my stock shocks white and reinstalling them. Now I have a set of $50.00 shocks I cant use.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I would like to go to a couple of these spots, the one by Santa Cruz looks really fun. I need the rocks, sounds the best.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

You mean "The Bean"? I fell in love with that place when I went. I drove the entire "beach" from the South Lot to the North Lot.... I had to take apart the entire rig because i could see that the salt water was going to be a problem...Rust was forming on my beadlock screws and stock axles before i even got home. Took her apart, wiped everything down and re-greased the crap out of everything! Can't wait to go back...

It would be quite a drive for you from the looks of it. Make sure to bring lots extra parts just in case plus tools, sun-screen, water, food, etc... I broke an output shaft 3 minutes into starting. Luckily I had a spare and fixed it on the spot.

If my rig is done by the time you go, I'll take a little trip with ya!

Peace,

JB