RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   good spots in norcal? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/286225-good-spots-norcal.html)

ninetwofiveRC 12-13-2010 04:49 PM

good spots in norcal?

where are some good spots around here? like around the (925)

anything in livermore?

somewhere around that?

MRCCRAWLER1.9 12-13-2010 11:18 PM

hobbytown concord has a nice crawling course unless thats alittle too far..

ANoodle 12-14-2010 01:44 PM

There are a couple places in Livermore where you can go.
Nikles canyon is also good,

JRock 12-14-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoodle (Post 2797739)

I think it's called niles canyon:mrgreen: lol.

ninetwofiveRC 12-21-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoodle (Post 2797739)

where are the places in livermore at?

any pics? or addresses?

Big Bill 12-21-2010 07:53 AM

I havent been crawling in Livermore, but we go hiking to DelValle Res. and there are some nice places in and around there. There are a couple of older quarries in Livermore also, still in operation but I would think there is something around them to play in. You could even go to the area that Carnagie(sp) OHV motorcycle park is by, alot of cool places on that road that leads to it.

MRCCRAWLER1.9 12-21-2010 10:53 AM

im pretty sure if you go near a body of water, mountain or park, there should be some rocks to crawl.. down here in mountain view, a river has some alot of good crawling rocks. good thing its also alittle bit away from the river. Also, there is this little creek that dries up during the summer and has a good selection of rocks to crawl on and alittle bit of scaling too :) then the mountains offer some huge piles of rocks! :D my local park has a few rocks, maybe about 5-10rocks, but they are fun to get tricky lines and put gates that seem almost impossible

travis c. 12-21-2010 12:11 PM

Bollinger falls- Bollinger Canyon rd.

Vasco Rd.- From 580, head toward dump, turn right on Garaventa Ranch Rd.,2nd left before the school, park at the end of the street, walk about 200 yards into the field, you can't miss it.

The Pit- Livermore, Vineyard rd, past the new Bocce club on rt.

ANoodle 12-22-2010 10:51 AM

Del Val has good spots, Mt. Diablo, in Livermore off of Vasco Road their are two places.

If you want to contact me, we could alwas meet up and explore.

generalee7 12-23-2010 09:35 AM

There is also a playground in Dublin at the Emerald Glen Park (south east corner of the park) that has a pretty decent rock formation to wheel on. Problem is you have to deal with kids depending on what time you go. Let me know if you ever want to go, I'm always willing to wheel the new XR10 :mrgreen:

rckjeep 12-24-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travis c. (Post 2812051)
Bollinger falls- Bollinger Canyon rd.

Vasco Rd.- From 580, head toward dump, turn right on Garaventa Ranch Rd.,2nd left before the school, park at the end of the street, walk about 200 yards into the field, you can't miss it.

The Pit- Livermore, Vineyard rd, past the new Bocce club on rt.

I second Bollinger Canyon water falls. cool spot for sure, but water proofing is a good idea.