Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: livermore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Yes there are, we would either have to go out to Oakdale area for some scale comps or concord.
You can contact JRock from Team Lerk for scale comp info
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I live in pleasanton and have a nice crawl spot on vineyard I always go to. Hit me up and I'll fill you in. The vasco spot in nice as well
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Sounds good to me Stuck. Hit me or email me at abnudelman@yahoo.com.
Its much easier to get in contact this way.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Going to do some crawling this weekend if it doesn't rain. Maybe off of Vasco if anyone wants to come. Scaler friendly.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Noodle check it out

***Cen Cal 1.9 Throw Down***
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

I'm in
Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

What do you know about Vasco? Live in Antioch and my son lives in San Ramon. We are always looking for new spots.
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

PM sent
Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Not sure if Finishline told you guys but It looks like there will be quite a group of people at the Manteca Kohls on Sunday morning @ 9am... I'm sure "the more the merrier" would apply.
Come on out!!
This is my first time meeting alot of the guys but I'm looking forward to it!!
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Hey 209SCXCrawler, yeah I know Finishline and JRock. Been out with Team Lerk a hand-full of times. Its always a great time with those guys.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: livermore

My thread was deleted, so I found this one...little old but BUMP on the Livermore spots.

I have a Wraith along with about 6 others that we all are building for fun for us dads and to enjoy with a few of our kids.

Where are some spots to try out and if anyone is looking to meet up I know a few of us are happy to and I am sure I will drag NorCal 2500HD with me also, Brian has been helping me and my buddies out on our RC habits
NCT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

2 spots out there that I know of. The Vasco spot and the PIT as I call it.

Vasco is kinda tricky to get to. You have to park by the school and cross a creek and hike across the field. Cant remember the street names but its a nice spot. The PIT is more convienient. It is about 1/2 mile east from the Isabel/Vineyard intersection where chevron and the bocce ball place are. You will see a black fence on your right (coming from intersection) between the vineyards. Its a cemented in culvert that gets water running thru it in the winter but still plenty to crawl. lemme know when your headed out and I will try to get down there.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #33

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and from Livermore. Have you guys tried Carnigie out off tesla? its a park where you can take dirt bikes 4x4s ect. It would be perfect for these because its nothing massive and hardly any one goes out there. Also its a pretty big area so plenty of stuff to do.
EatnDirtPoopnRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Yes going to Carnigie to dirt biek on Sunday, the only thing about going out there with your rigs is you have to watch out for any trucks that come by. Plus you have to pay to get in no matter what.

Off of Vasco is where I go to. If we want we could set up a small course and do some crawling from there. Different lines mean different challeges.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

So it sounds like the place on Vasco is on the north side, might be behind Altamont creek school, there is a park and creek plus bike/walking trails there. I used to go there with my dogs and didn't even think about it. It is a good spot.

I need to check out the other spot that was said.

There is also another spot that I was thinking might be a great area, there is a creek that runs though Livermore that you can get to off Holms and a few other cross over streets, it also is a walking/biking trail along side the creek, passes behind the horse stadium where Concannon meets S Livermore. I think the trail is called Arroyo bike trail. Should have some good spots but would be a walk/bike in spot depending on where you park. I'm going to find time to scout it out with my son. I'll keep you guys posted and take some pics of what I find.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCT_Guy View Post
So it sounds like the place on Vasco is on the north side, might be behind Altamont creek school, there is a park and creek plus bike/walking trails there. I used to go there with my dogs and didn't even think about it. It is a good spot.

I need to check out the other spot that was said.

There is also another spot that I was thinking might be a great area, there is a creek that runs though Livermore that you can get to off Holms and a few other cross over streets, it also is a walking/biking trail along side the creek, passes behind the horse stadium where Concannon meets S Livermore. I think the trail is called Arroyo bike trail. Should have some good spots but would be a walk/bike in spot depending on where you park. I'm going to find time to scout it out with my son. I'll keep you guys posted and take some pics of what I find.

So any pictures of this new place yet?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

My son and I plus my brother inlaw and son went yesterday but it was late around 5pm and the sun was going fast. BUT we still had a blast with our short course trucks at that area. There is soccer fields that lit up the housing track that was multi levels (un developed) that was groomed with little to no rocks and the dirt was nice a tacky so traction was awesome. Depending my work load I am going to try and sneak away and hit the walk/bike trail with my Wraith in a backpack and ride our bikes scouting out the area over the weekend. I'll get pics just too dark yesterday to see anything.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

ANoodle- Norcal2500hd (Brian) said he thinks you drive around town in a lifted Chevy, what truck is yours? Brian is from Fremont but we work together here in Livermore.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Going out to Rock City tomorrow around noon if anyone is down? Only reason is I don't have to work and my old lady has to do some clients hair and i'll have about 4 hours to kill so let me know if anyones down for Diablo
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

I have to work :-(

Get pics!! Like to see the place you are talking about.