Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Any Fresno Guys out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Any Fresno Guys out there?

Hoping to make it. Depends on when the wife heads out of town. And if my lipos show in the morning. If not maybe to the table mountain spot.
NorZepol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #42

For anyone checking this morning, my wife and I will be there early as well, 10:30 sounds good. I tried to contact FCP&R about the Sky Harbor park and nobody called me back so I don't know if the gate will still be locked. I'd like to check out the Fresno side of Millerton and that boat ramp area near the old courthouse but those that show can talk about that. My cell is ***pm me for it***, not sure how good the coverage is up there but I will have it with me if someone needs to know where we are.

Last edited by Pete McKay; 03-24-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Pete McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #43

Oh man, dunno about you guys but I had a pretty good time. I learned a lot about chassis set up today, I set my Losi up really soft and that just didn't work out too well on the "boulders" . There was one particular segment though, I was twisted about 70 degrees and one left side tire was 'flat', wrapped around a rock, love that foamless performance to the tires. I have some work to do over the next couple of weeks to be ready for the next crawl!!! Martha and I went up to Millerton about noon for our picnic and found some really nice places up there to crawl too. We talked about the drawbacks between the Cove and the lake, Millerton costs $10 to get into and there's no refreshments close by so a cooler would be in order. I'll work up a video with the pics I did over this weekend and get it posted on my YouTube either Sunday night or Monday. Thanks again guys for coming out!!!!

I was planning on getting an Axial Trail Honcho in June, looks now like I'll be getting another Night Crawler and settting it up the same way as my Bronco. You'll see why when I post the video of something I did at the lake....gotta love worm gears.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

It was nice meeting you, ur wife and Larry too...that losi of urs sure does flex well...let me know when u guys wanna meet up again and I will see if I can meet u guys up...
orientalgunz_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Here ya go pete!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientalgunz_00 View Post

Here ya go pete!
Wow, that is a lot of flex! Nice picture.

I wish we could have stayed a little longer (read: unbroken) and not have had to dash out to the neighbor's party like that. It was good to finally meet some of the locals from the board. Looking forward to the next one. Between lots of baby Colic and other distractions, I did get some work done on my rig, should be ready in 2 weeks. Never got around to the Redcat, but that looks to be a no brainer and just didn't have the time.

See ya guys soon.
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #47

Thanks for the pic, still hard to believe I got to drive out of that. I didn't get to the video editing today, between the weather and general physical problems popping up I spent much of the day sleeping off pain killers. I'll get to it tomorrow! I hope....
Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

Yup, that there ain't no poser pic! It was awesome how u got out of it too...nice driving. We will meet again in a couple of weeks hopefully...
Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like you guys had some fun. Hope to make it next time. Nice picture of the Bronco, I love those old trucks.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #50

Millerton Lake recon, short video of just the Fresno side.

Fresno area crawling recon: Millerton Lake - YouTube

I'm working on getting the little bit of video I shot at Friant Cove up too, wish I'd had the presence of mind to shoot the little guy doing his rock crawling and Larry's daughter. I think it's great to see these kids as young as 7 or 8 years old into this!!! Other video should be up in a few hours.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete McKay View Post
Millerton Lake recon, short video of just the Fresno side.

Fresno area crawling recon: Millerton Lake - YouTube

I'm working on getting the little bit of video I shot at Friant Cove up too, wish I'd had the presence of mind to shoot the little guy doing his rock crawling and Larry's daughter. I think it's great to see these kids as young as 7 or 8 years old into this!!! Other video should be up in a few hours.
$10 bucks???? What a bargain!!! That is even better than the Broken Bridge area. Great recon and greater documentation. I vote Millerton next trip! What do you say Gunz.. NorZepol ?

Last edited by Sydwall85; 03-26-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: The R word <------me
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #52

hey guys!! just thought we would offer up a place to crawl close to fresno (about 30 mins from fresno or visalia) we have 5 acres alot of natural rock formation and the course we have made with pits, bridges,all kinds of junk..we also have a 2 lane sand drag pit(almost done just want longer..) and a med. size track (8ft wide lane ,prepped dirt 166ft. oval, with a 46ft. 2 jump kick-out)we run 2wd & 4wd short course and mini 8ights.....we are in squaw valley (not the ski resort! ) we are around most of the time if the sun is out we are as of now..we are trying to get local guys together so we can do a full crawl/track day....we have a pit table area w/ electricity and a air compressor,we can even roll down the BBQ....(i live here so yes there is a bathroom) should be fun if we can get a couple more ppl to help us work in some more obsticles (tractor avail.) anywho my name is josh and my son is skyler...you can email tjsholley@yahoo.com or see the craigslist add we posted the other day for cell #....... CRAWL ON

JUNEBUG
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
hey guys!! just thought we would offer up a place to crawl close to fresno (about 30 mins from fresno or visalia) we have 5 acres alot of natural rock formation and the course we have made with pits, bridges,all kinds of junk..we also have a 2 lane sand drag pit(almost done just want longer..) and a med. size track (8ft wide lane ,prepped dirt 166ft. oval, with a 46ft. 2 jump kick-out)we run 2wd & 4wd short course and mini 8ights.....we are in squaw valley (not the ski resort! ) we are around most of the time if the sun is out we are as of now..we are trying to get local guys together so we can do a full crawl/track day....we have a pit table area w/ electricity and a air compressor,we can even roll down the BBQ....(i live here so yes there is a bathroom) should be fun if we can get a couple more ppl to help us work in some more obsticles (tractor avail.) anywho my name is josh and my son is skyler...you can email tjsholley@yahoo.com or see the craigslist add we posted the other day for cell #....... CRAWL ON

JUNEBUG
This sounds great as well, a good compromise for NorZepol coming from Visalia. Do you have any pictures you can post so we can see what it's all about?
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwall85 View Post
$10 bucks???? What a bargain!!! That is even better than the Broken Bridge area. Great recon and greater documentation. I vote Millerton next trip! What do you say Gunz.. NorZepol ?
Millerton sounds good to me. On any given weekend it just depend on what the family is doing. Being this is a family hobby maybe the wife and kid would come along even though its not their thing. My Wraith is going now, the Fastback is going, though I need to drive it to see if it needs some knuckle weights. The Wreckluse needs a servo. But as of now I have 2 working vehicles plus the micro, so we're good to go.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

junebug...i'm the one that's been texting you all day...sorry i couldn't make it out there today, work had me pinned up all day today...lol...larry, i have pictures of that place and it's awesome. I was gonna do a post about it to see if you guys wanted to meet up there...the dirt tracks are great and the rock formations got me drooling...i will see if i can post pics..
Old 03-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #56
Rock Stacker

junebug...i'm the one that's been texting you all day...sorry i couldn't make it out there today, work had me pinned up all day today...lol...larry, i have pictures of that place and it's awesome. I was gonna do a post about it to see if you guys wanted to meet up there...the dirt tracks are great and the rock formations got me drooling...i will see if i can post pics..
Old 03-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #57

Hey, I'm up for anything, anywhere!!!! I picked the last one, someone else can pick this one!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

here are some pics of Junebug's place. what do you guys think?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #59

update: we made a facebook thingy so people can see pics,besides a text....
on facebook under: squaw valley rc park
"LIKE" the page also tag us in pics (hope you know what this means..lol...i dont)
Old 03-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #60

NICE!! thanks for postin pics!! they really dont do the place justice....its HUGE! and alot more to course ,basically a 5 acre rocky hill.......also it is FREE and we do hope and welcome the whole family!!! my wife crawls her HPI crawler king with us time to time...or the girls may just wanna enjoy the area, or take a cruise on the golf carts to see area (alot of horses an crap).....we are laid back so if ya want, bring an ice chest and some meat....so if interested text 559-six23-307two or call after 11am 559-eight04-667six you'll probably get my son skyler(19) first he has his phone sewn to him!!..lol
CRAWL-ON

JUNEBUG