Notices

Thread: Any Fresno Guys out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Any Fresno Guys out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
well me and Sky got a lil more done on the upper natural rock part of the course....starting to really look cool with the flags/gates thing goin.... a couple others (mitch and steve..thanx guys) have offered to help out next thursday (april 5th) to renovate and extend the CRAWLER course , if anyone else is interested by all means stop on by (BRING YER RIG!)...Mitch is even offering to help out the local landscape on the way up and RID them of there dusty ol rocks from the side of the road...lol.......they didn't use'm anywho!!!!....hopeing the weather man is right and no rain up here till fri pm........CRAWL ON
Junebug, is it cool if we come up there tomorrow around noon? All reports show the rain holding off til mid afternoon. It looks like there may be 3 of us bringing our rigs.

CenCal? Pete? You guys still wanna go? Call me or text me @ 999-6498 (Larry) It would be cool to see the place even if it was only for a little bit before the rain.
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Ok guys, junebug has welcomed us up tomorrow. Let's say we meet at the 7-11 at Kings Canyon and Fowler around 11. Look for a dk blue Nissan Altima.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Wow, this seems too good to be true!

I am really interested in checking this place out! Maybe next weekend(april 7th)?

Zack
DrunkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #84

hey guys id like to thank you all for coming out and also thank larry for offering that chassis to me i am very grateful!! and also about 15 min after you guys left its raining LOL .....thanks again guys hope to see you soon you all should have my number to get ahold of me or just get ahold of me on here!!

edit: some new pics are up on the facebook page from today also!
any info needed you can text skyler any time 559-six23-307two
or call 559-eight 04-667six... josh

Last edited by junebug; 03-31-2012 at 06:02 PM.
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #85
Rock Stacker

Thanks for having us up there...that place is like an RC enthusiasts dream...love it!
orientalgunz_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #86
Rock Stacker

Zack, I think we were shooting for millerton next weekend. But I wouldn't mind going back up there....u have to see it to believe it...Josh and skyler has a very nice setup which took a lot of time to set up...they are awesomely friendly and down to earth too!....lol
Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #87

I got the rain on the way out about where the big rock pile was where the 63 turn off was, less than 5 minutes after I left. It really started coming down right there at the Sherwood, stayed raining hard all the way to Sanger.

I'm going to work on the crawler over the week, the focus now is swapping out the links for 4mm all thread. I may be "naked" again, I'm pulling the vertical body mounts off this evening and just going to run w/o a body until the replacement comes. Larry/Dang, this is the servo I'm looking at for a relacement:

Savox SC-0252MG Standard Digital Metal Gear Servo [SAV-SC-0252MG] | Radios & Accessories - A Main Hobbies

.....145 oz/lbs @ 6v and metal gears, and within my price range.
Pete McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Here is a little view of what Lake Kaweah has to offer
Its about 20 min east of Visalia.
This is an area neat Horse Creek Campground. The only problem with this fact is that you have to park at the road above. I parked at the campground and was told I could not park down there without paying the 20$ campground fee, even though I paid the 4$ lake usage fee. No biggie, just more walking
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  70.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  66.0 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  123.3 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  9.jpg
Size:  87.9 KB

Watch out for fishing line
Name:  10.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  113.4 KB

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  104.5 KB

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  92.5 KB
NorZepol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #89
Pebble Pounder

Wow that place looks great too, Ron. Looks like you had a great day too. If everyone is game, I'd head there in a heart beat. Love that pic of you stuck to the rock side hillinga
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #90
Rock Stacker

Very nice ron...ur rig looks awesome in that paint scheme...
Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #91

NorZep, up a little further towards Three Rivers is Slick Rock (north side of the road), I used to 1:1 crawl in that area. If you get a chance can you do a photo recon of that area? When the water is low that's a pretty good place too.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #92

Here's the 3 1/2 minutes I shot up at Squaw Valley on 3/31/12, was a really great day.

Squaw Valley Crawl 3-31-12.wmv - YouTube

I will be at the crawl in Friant this weekend if the weather hold but more than likely only as a photographer, we'll see how the mods to the NC go later in the week. I also want to do a recon up at Hensley Lake, between the 41 and Madera. That may come after this next crawl at Friant.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

Just a few options for ya: Crawford Performance Engineering : CPE-SER4: CYS Hi-Torque Metal Gear Servo - $21.99
A lot of people run this as a low dollar higher torque servo.

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : BMS-2514 Coreless Digital Alloy Gear Servo - 25.5kg / 0.14s / 7.4V (High Voltage) A little bit more, but a lot stronger..

Mayhem High Torque Metal Servo Running this on the Redcat, it is "ok"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete McKay View Post
I got the rain on the way out about where the big rock pile was where the 63 turn off was, less than 5 minutes after I left. It really started coming down right there at the Sherwood, stayed raining hard all the way to Sanger.

I'm going to work on the crawler over the week, the focus now is swapping out the links for 4mm all thread. I may be "naked" again, I'm pulling the vertical body mounts off this evening and just going to run w/o a body until the replacement comes. Larry/Dang, this is the servo I'm looking at for a relacement:

Savox SC-0252MG Standard Digital Metal Gear Servo [SAV-SC-0252MG] | Radios & Accessories - A Main Hobbies

.....145 oz/lbs @ 6v and metal gears, and within my price range.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #94
Rock Stacker

Pete: I agree with Larry. For the money that you are looking to spend, you can get a servo with a bit more torque like the ones Larry posted. Also, look into the towerpro mg995 (i think that's what they are called). You can usually find them for around 20 bucks. Alot of people say that they don't center well, but for what we are doing and 20 bucks, it will be a lot better than what you are using on your rig right now.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #95

Thanks guys, I will be looking those over and making a decision by Friday. Spent the last 6 hours making new links for the NC.

Gutted it like a trout...

New lower links next to the old lower links.

Had to do the old "string test" to make sure the adjustments were square on the spindles.

And the new links in place. I went with copper tubing over the rod since the new body and beadlocks will be orange, I used 6-32 rod and Traxxas ball ends, I was considering bending the lower links but I want to make sure I have enough spares to re-do them if I mess it up. I also considered stripping off the blue anodizing on the frame plates and paint them orange but I'll wait until I can do it right for that too. It was only about $20 worth of stuff to make the switch and I already like the look better.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #96
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorZepol View Post
Here is a little view of what Lake Kaweah has to offer
Its about 20 min east of Visalia.
This is an area neat Horse Creek Campground. The only problem with this fact is that you have to park at the road above. I parked at the campground and was told I could not park down there without paying the 20$ campground fee, even though I paid the 4$ lake usage fee. No biggie, just more walking
Great shots of Lake K. Can't beat that rough lake bottom granite!

Just FYI, you can park at Horse Creek bridge for FREE (just past the campground, then a right turn) and then walk where ever you want to go! That's what I do. I got tired of paying a fee to use the bottom of a lake!
Also, there are a few courses I built up that way, some around Slick Rock area, some around Horse creek bridge, and a few around the campground. Look around and you might see them.
zodiaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #97
Rock Stacker

Pete: That looks awesome! I'm curious as to why you didn't go with the 8/32 all thread? I think those are a little bigger and closer to 4mm hardware. Still I think you did a great job and that beats spending a boatload more $$ on links. I love diy projects, it makes your rig more personalized and not so generic...
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #98

all these pics are making me excited to start on my crawler!! i cant wait !
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #99
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
all these pics are making me excited to start on my crawler!! i cant wait !
What are you working on?
zodiaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientalgunz_00 View Post
Pete: That looks awesome! I'm curious as to why you didn't go with the 8/32 all thread? I think those are a little bigger and closer to 4mm hardware. Still I think you did a great job and that beats spending a boatload more $$ on links. I love diy projects, it makes your rig more personalized and not so generic...

Dang, the 6-32 was thick enough I'm pretty sure, the brass tubing was a thicker wall than the aluminum as well. If I need to go bigger I can always redo it in the future. I liked the project but my hands are paying for it today, LOL!!