Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Anyone in Central Cali? 559?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #1

Default Anyone in Central Cali? 559?

Hi! Noob to the hobby, but dove deep and am going all in, would like to meet up with some locals if there are any on here.

I live in Fresno, I know there are some of the “559RCC” guys in Visalia which isn’t far, not sure if any of you guys are on here.

Lookin to do some crawling at millerton, Hensley, Eastman lake on the regular if anyone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aleckslara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone in Central Cali? 559?

You might want to check with the people at CenCal Speedway. The owner, Eric (who also owns NorCal Hobbies in San Jose) is into crawling (as well as off-road racing), so I'm sure he has people there who "know crawling". Personally, I can't wait to check out the shop (from what I understand, it's huge, especially compared to NorCal Hobbies)...probably within the next few weeks (either on my way, or on my return, from Vegas Thanksgiving week).

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
You might want to check with the people at CenCal Speedway. The owner, Eric (who also owns NorCal Hobbies in San Jose) is into crawling (as well as off-road racing), so I'm sure he has people there who "know crawling". Personally, I can't wait to check out the shop (from what I understand, it's huge, especially compared to NorCal Hobbies)...probably within the next few weeks (either on my way, or on my return, from Vegas Thanksgiving week).

Eric owns Hobbytown Fresno, the “Cencal speedway” is just a nice big road course they have in the parking lot where the previous location was (they sold to Eric and he moved it on the other side of the parking lot) I’ve been to both Norcal and I live near Hobbytown, the store itself is much bigger as Norcal “store” section is crammed but I think as far as inventory Norcal has more.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckslara View Post
Eric owns Hobbytown Fresno, the “Cencal speedway” is just a nice big road course they have in the parking lot where the previous location was (they sold to Eric and he moved it on the other side of the parking lot) I’ve been to both Norcal and I live near Hobbytown, the store itself is much bigger as Norcal “store” section is crammed but I think as far as inventory Norcal has more.

Not anymore. According to what I was told, Eric moved approx half the inventory (maybe more) to the Fresno store. I'm hoping to check it out during my trip back from Vegas (where I go (to visit family) every Thanksgiving) in approx 2 weeks.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Not anymore. According to what I was told, Eric moved approx half the inventory (maybe more) to the Fresno store. I'm hoping to check it out during my trip back from Vegas (where I go (to visit family) every Thanksgiving) in approx 2 weeks.

I live in fresno, I was in the store 3 times this week and 4 times last week, I was at Norcal the week before that.
He definitely hasn’t moved half the inventory based on what I’m seeing, he does have a lot of cars for sure, maybe that’s what he meant about the inventory but when it comes to add on parts, it’s really weak.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #6

Norcal is bigger over all due to the indoor track and all the upstairs storage but the store itself is really small compared to Hobbytown.

HT has a lot of other things though, airsoft, table top games, model cars, Gundams, toys. So the RC side is probably still bigger than the Norcal store section.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I live in fresno, I was in the store 3 times this week and 4 times last week, I was at Norcal the week before that.
Before the Fresno store officially opened/reopened (talking about September), that's when Eric was transferring the stock I mentioned...and, at that point, or was approx half the Nor-Cal stock that headed to Fresno.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:24 PM   #8

Oh, that sucks. Figured it’d be more. They don’t have that much stuff when it comes to aftermarket things for crawlers in any scale.

They have a bunch of Traxxas stuff, maybe that was the majority.

You gonna be crawling when you come around here? There’s some local guys that may be able to assemble if you are wanting to crawl.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:31 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Oh, that sucks. Figured it’d be more. They don’t have that much stuff when it comes to aftermarket things for crawlers in any scale.

They have a bunch of Traxxas stuff, maybe that was the majority.

You gonna be crawling when you come around here? There’s some local guys that may be able to assemble if you are wanting to crawl.
Unfortunately, probably not. My Class 3 rig from Scale Natls was already taken apart, and the new C3 rig is only halfway complete. I do have a VS4-10 Phoenix, which I'll be bringing with me to Vegas, but I'll just barely start building it (because I'm also bringing two Tamiya TT-02 kits. Will also bring my Baja Ray & Ryft, and possibly the X-MAXX, Rustler 4x4 and/or 1-2 of my boats. If I can get the XB2C electronics soldered up, and tires glued, I might bring that (to go to 702 Speedway).

Old 11-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Unfortunately, probably not. My Class 3 rig from Scale Natls was already taken apart, and the new C3 rig is only halfway complete. I do have a VS4-10 Phoenix, which I'll be bringing with me to Vegas, but I'll just barely start building it (because I'm also bringing two Tamiya TT-02 kits. Will also bring my Baja Ray & Ryft, and possibly the X-MAXX, Rustler 4x4 and/or 1-2 of my boats. If I can get the XB2C electronics soldered up, and tires glued, I might bring that (to go to 702 Speedway).

Whoa, sounds like you have more inventory than Norcal does lol

That’s a lot of stuff! lol

Old 11-14-2021, 01:45 PM   #11

Are you from the Bay Area?

Old 11-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Whoa, sounds like you have more inventory than Norcal does lol

That’s a lot of stuff! lol

You don't even know the quarter of it...lol. However, there are plenty others who have more...some work a LOT more...than I could ever have.

Anyone in Central Cali? 559? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cali central coast havik California 23 09-02-2013 04:56 PM
new guy from central cali Christopher D Newbie General 6 09-27-2009 05:39 PM
central cali CorruptedOne California 45 09-15-2007 10:37 PM
central cali guys IronOx California 22 07-23-2006 05:26 PM
fresno? central cali? blazed California 6 03-03-2005 02:39 PM