Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: east bay crawl spots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default east bay crawl spots

Does anyone know any good spots to crawl in the east bay area. im from fremont. and me and my buddy went to coyote hills over by the dumbbarton bridge and had a cool spot going where it was up high and away from people. and then someone tells some wannabe park ranger. and tells us to leave or they will call the cops. cuz he said its federal land. so we leave and go to the other side where you pay the $4 for parking. same thing went away from where the walking trails are. and another park ranger told us to leave cuz "its a motorized vehicle and its hurting the enviroment". we laughed and left. so the only other spot we found was a few different spots along alameda creek. one by a apartment complex called creekside apt. and another as soon as you hit niles canyon. theres a road your turn off and drive over a bridge. then park close to the bridge and crawl under the bridge. will try to get some pics. let me know if you guys have any suggestions on spots.
wcdfmt510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

There are other posts with the same questions, look into the search. There are spots in Livermore and off of Niles.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah the park nazis at coyote hills are pretty bad...No RC's of any kind allowed on any EBRP grounds....Put your stuff in a pack and stay hidden. We usually stay behind the big matterhorn looking rock at the top....we usually sit down on the front side so you cant actually see what were doing....Ive gone through plenty of packs this way. The niles spot you mentioned is alright, if you want to head into the canyon turn onto palomares and theres a few places to crawl before the single lane section. Lake Elizabeth has the small creek, nothin too major but its local. Morrison canyon along with mill creek rd are accessible as well. Niles creek by the rc boat pond has a few spots........
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I drive by niles on mission going home from work sometimes. Always looking at those hills and wondered. Gotta check it out one of these days
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

maybe one of these days gota meet up an check out some of these places...
wcdfmt510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

you need to come up to the north bay,we got a few different spots for scaler's that you could crawl day and night and never have to worry about park rangers.and the spots we got are off the hook
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote