Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Shasta County Scaler GTG's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Shasta County Scaler GTG's

Looking to set up a GTG up here in Shasta county for us guys who live way up here in Nor Cal. Looking for 1.9, 2.2, and Wraith scalers. No MOA rigs.

Post up if your interested. List your type of rig and tire your running. I am thinking to try for a Sunday GTG but open to a Saturday GTG too.
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #2

Default Re: Shasta County Scaler GTG's

Hey hows it going...im from red bluff,but recently moved up to yreka....im down in redding/red bluff a couple three times a month.im down for a gtg ...lemme know.ive got tons of crawlers and parts...im always building sumthin new.always down for some testing! Lol
crawlerbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #3

Going to be in redding/red bluff area this weekend...anyone wanna crawl? Oasis sat? Im open to other places? Lmk...
crawlerbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

MLK trailrun today? Scaler and Wraith are ready to rock.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
MLK trailrun today? Scaler and Wraith are ready to rock.
Oh my George, you ready to rock already today I saw the chiropractor today

Make sure to post pics of the areas when you guys go out. Chris said he was working in Redding the next couple of days and you know the blue bastard was only one of several to cross the finish line last night. We can try to get some guys to come out to your neck of the woods
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

It's a long shot to find anyone out here. Great areas to run just not enough people. I just needed to get the rigs out and run through some batteries today. Ended up letting the kids go nuts in the backyard for a few hours.

My body is wrecked, haven't been this bad for a long time. Going to have to pass on the G6 in 2 weeks so I can be good to make the Feb event. Looking forward to Amador. Might even do a little fishing while we are there.

Last edited by Propane; 01-16-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Oh my George, you ready to rock already today I saw the chiropractor today

Make sure to post pics of the areas when you guys go out. Chris said he was working in Redding the next couple of days and you know the blue bastard was only one of several to cross the finish line last night. We can try to get some guys to come out to your neck of the woods
Ok Martin so what is the date for the Redding Overland comp. Iam so there, only three hours to Redding. Ha Ha Goerge Iam in the same boat as you over here.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Castle Crags area is close to you. How is that area for crawling ??

Lake Shasta looks like it has potential...??

Last edited by DORK VADER; 01-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Sorry guys. Both of you are awesome to help out the way you did. Sorry your going to miss the g6 but I understand. Now lake amador looks like its got a nice camp ground if you wanted to bring the family down and relax.

Sent from my new phone using tapatalk.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Castle Crags area is close to you. How is that area for crawling ??

Lake Shasta looks like it has potential...??
The castle crags area is perfect. I have taken my family up to a few small lakes near the Crags and it's ideal for adventure or comps. Just takes a while to get there. From redding it's another hour up the road. I know of a few areas near whiskeytown that could be good. I have some ideas in the works.

And Martin, I will be at Amador for sure and may even bring the camp trailer and family to do some fishing. Just depends on my back.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Yea i've crawled down by the river near wiskeytown rd and what about Pollard camp rd near Salt Creek rd theres a lot of spots along there. I've been thinking of doin a summer scale Club Vs Club challange either near the Oregon boarder or near shasta but I do like the Craggs area for sure. Hopefully if everthing go's right we can have guy's from Oregon and Cali and more representing there area
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Yea i've crawled down by the river near wiskeytown rd and what about Pollard camp rd near Salt Creek rd theres a lot of spots along there. I've been thinking of doin a summer scale Club Vs Club challange either near the Oregon boarder or near shasta but I do like the Craggs area for sure. Hopefully if everthing go's right we can have guy's from Oregon and Cali and more representing there area
Jefferson State Ultimate Summer Adventure Series?

I have bounced some ideas off of Matt and am working on the details of what I have in mind. I will have more to share later in February.

Last edited by Propane; 01-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
Jefferson State Ultimate Summer Adventure Series?

I have bounced some ideas off of Matt and am working on the details of what I have in mind. I will have more to share later in February.
It's Team LERK with our Rock Hard 1.9 Scaler Series, If you look in the competition section you'll see our threads and we have a Club Vs Club Challenge coming up on February 4th in Sac at Folsom Lake but if I can get enough interest in a big event up near the Oregon boarder or Shasta/Redding area then I think this would be a great event to put on this summer sometime I'll post some links to some of our threads. If you guy's started something big like what your talking about me and a few other guy's would probably make the trip. Or maybe a combined event or something like that. Get's the wheels turning in my head lol.

It's about a 4 hour trip to redding so definetly an over nighter lol

Jason

Last edited by JRock; 01-19-2012 at 12:19 PM.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote