Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: So Cal Baldy Bash 7/16/06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046
well, there is no such thing as a scale class at comps. again, i loved the rear steer on my last 2.2 rig, and i'm just trying to play devil's advocate. i'm just thinking it would be good to compete with nationally recognized rules. of course i am all for putting it to a vote too.
Devil's Advocate, Me too.
The Nationally Rules also has a Unlimited Class 3 that I have never seen at comps. There's more Scale Rigs than Class 3 Rigs, Why not change the Class 3 to Scale Class?

1. Unlimited Super's Class
2. Unlimited 2.2's Class
3. Scale Class

and....... What about DIG setups? That's not in the National Rule Book.

What do you guys think, Is it something we want try to change in the National Rules. Maybe a thread in the Rules Board.

Who like's the idea of trying to fine tune the rules?

again... Why do we want to limit 2.2 class?
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
well, there is no such thing as a scale class at comps. again, i loved the rear steer on my last 2.2 rig, and i'm just trying to play devil's advocate. i'm just thinking it would be good to compete with nationally recognized rules. of course i am all for putting it to a vote too.
I know of alot of groups that do scale classes!! also i dont think rear steer should be allowed into any of the comps. it take away half of the challenge and fun!!

also what about Nylints....i dont have one but im sure some of us do. I personally think we should have a socal set of rule with rear steer nd what not and then a national set of rule so when we compete against other groups!!

Last edited by CreepyCrawler88; 07-09-2006 at 10:01 PM.
CreepyCrawler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson420
Devil's Advocate, Me too.
The Nationally Rules also has a Unlimited Class 3 that I have never seen at comps. There's more Scale Rigs than Class 3 Rigs, Why not change the Class 3 to Scale Class?

1. Unlimited Super's Class
2. Unlimited 2.2's Class
3. Scale Class

and....... What about DIG setups? That's not in the National Rule Book.

What do you guys think, Is it something we want try to change in the National Rules. Maybe a thread in the Rules Board.

Who like's the idea of trying to fine tune the rules?

again... Why do we want to limit 2.2 class?
front digs don't break any rules. and as far as i know, front digs are allowed. conversely, i heard that the oregon guys have some front dig rigs that haven't proven the necessity for a front dig.

i'm all for fine tuning the rules. as long as we all agree beforehand, and not during the comp.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #84
Official Scale Nazi

Aaron I agree with Danny about the challenge aspect of non-rear-steer. I think the 2.2 class was created for one sole reason. People were tired of being able to conquer courses with their supers so a need for a very challenging class was created. This is just another way to further the difficulty of running a 2.2 rig. How do you feel about the point deduction I suggested? I'm for a vote too, but I'm sure it's in favor of no rear-steer so I'm just trying to make sure you know this is all just preference and we're not just against your ideas entirely.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy
Aaron I agree with Danny about the challenge aspect of non-rear-steer. I think the 2.2 class was created for one sole reason. People were tired of being able to conquer courses with their supers so a need for a very challenging class was created. This is just another way to further the difficulty of running a 2.2 rig. How do you feel about the point deduction I suggested? I'm for a vote too, but I'm sure it's in favor of no rear-steer so I'm just trying to make sure you know this is all just preference and we're not just against your ideas entirely.
I thought by having 2.2 wheels and 12 1/2" wheelbase made it more difficult....
Old 07-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
if we do put it to a vote, i won't have a problem with either way it goes. and aaron, like pigeonfarmboy said, i'm not entirely against your ideas at all.

like you said, having 2.2 wheels and a 12.5" wheelbase makes it more difficult, but they are the rules. nobody seems to have a problem with those rules. so what if i want to run my 2.2 with a 13.5" wheelbase? should we allow that? that's all i'm trying to say, i guess.

Last edited by gregrocks90046; 07-09-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:02 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

What about for super class?? did we decide on rear steer for that??
Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawler88
What about for super class?? did we decide on rear steer for that??
Rules say Supers are allowed 4ws

I understand you guys are NOT against me.

Rules are Rules. I run with Supers as it goes now.

If we are going to build COMPETITION Class Rock Crawlers
BEST OF THE BEST Rock Crawlers
Why limit them?

If you want limits build a scale crawler.

NOT I fixed it Sorry Greg

Last edited by Johnson420; 07-10-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:37 PM   #89
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson420
I understand you guys are against me.
i think you are kidding about that statement, right? if not, no one here is against you.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i think you are kidding about that statement, right? if not, no one here is against you.
I AM....

Im joking!!!

Like greg said no ones against you, were all a little confused about the rules!!

i still say we have a set of socal rules....then national rules!! how about that. Then when it comes to 2.2 comps and rear steer we will have a rule saying something like its allowed but everytime you use it you lose points or some ****!!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:28 AM   #91
Official Scale Nazi

Well let's put it this way. If we do decide to allow 4WS, You'll have the advantage over rigs like mine with 2WS. To make it more fair I'll have to convert mine into 4WS to compete here. Then to compete in National events I'll have to convert it back to 2WS. Not that it takes time to switch that, but I have a dedicated radio to 2WS vehicles that doesn't have a 3rd channel.

Since you have a stick going, why not convert to a longer super? Isn't the differential clearance a big problem with the 2.2s on anyway? Just curious.

Regardless a decision has to be made and this back and forth stuff is growing old. Leave it up to the poll on socalrcrc.com.

Last edited by pigeonfarmboy; 07-10-2006 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

I wanted to test the waters about a rules change, here with you guys.
I'm not trying to go back a forth just for arguments sake.

I really believed a rules change was better for the 2.2 class.

Like I said before, I have no problem running my 2.2 wheeled, 12 1/2" wheelbase rock crawler with Class 1 Supers, because it has 4WS.

Thanks for your input guys.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well let's put it this way. If we do decide to allow 4WS, You'll have the advantage over rigs like mine with 2WS. To make it more fair I'll have to convert mine into 4WS to compete here. Then to compete in National events I'll have to convert it back to 2WS. Not that it takes time to switch that, but I have a dedicated radio to 2WS vehicles that doesn't have a 3rd channel.

Since you have a stick going, why not convert to a longer super? Isn't the differential clearance a big problem with the 2.2s on anyway? Just curious.

Regardless a decision has to be made and this back and forth stuff is growing old. Leave it up to the poll on socalrcrc.com.
Im the same way, I dont have 4ws and no its not hard to install but i would have to get a sevro then a reciever so i can run my tq3 off it. i agree leave it to the polls. I might even have a extra servo !!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
if we do put it to a vote, i won't have a problem with either way it goes. and aaron, like pigeonfarmboy said, i'm not entirely against your ideas at all.

like you said, having 2.2 wheels and a 12.5" wheelbase makes it more difficult, but they are the rules. nobody seems to have a problem with those rules. so what if i want to run my 2.2 with a 13.5" wheelbase? should we allow that? that's all i'm trying to say, i guess.
I don't think there should be a limit on wheelbase.

Make it too long and you're only hurting yourself.

Rear steer can be on the rig just don't use it in comps.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver

Rear steer can be on the rig just don't use it in comps.
i DONT CARE IF YOU GUYS HAVE LONG WBs OR 4WS!!!!

IM STILL GUNNA OWN YOU ALL!! :-P

Last edited by CreepyCrawler88; 07-10-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver

i know that, i was just trying to make a point. rules are rules. so if we fucge one rule, where does it stop?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i know that, i was just trying to make a point. rules are rules. so if we fucge one rule, where does it stop?
I meant no wheelbase period not just our club.

I'm all for going by the rules as stated for national comps. But what are we going to do when someone shows up to one of our small comps with a 13" wheelbase TLT?

Mabey we should allow one "first time" infraction to allow new people to still compete, but insist they do whatever is needed to comply with the rules before the next event, or be disqualified.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #98
Official Scale Nazi

mmmmmm rcpcrawlers......i can't wait to see what comes of that
Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #99

put me down for a L pack on the shirts....as for the 4ws issue, it doesn't really matter to me....

Mikey....go play with hot naked chicks some other time (and don't forget to invite me you bastard!)
snwbdr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbdr4life
Mikey....go play with hot naked chicks some other time (and don't forget to invite me you bastard!)
bastard Vuth... hahah... im trying to reschedule the shoot to make this meet...

as for 4ws, my P.O.S. has no rear steer so don't matter much none to me... then again, im a newb, so i got no say anyway...
mikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote