Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #3701
Quarry Creeper

I just went to boot rock, yeah you can see the boot shaped rock. Only problem is I couldn't find how to get to it without driving onto somebody's property. I wasn't waiting around for the banjos to play that deep into Klantee.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #3702
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
I just went to boot rock, yeah you can see the boot shaped rock. Only problem is I couldn't find how to get to it without driving onto somebody's property. I wasn't waiting around for the banjos to play that deep into Klantee.
End up with an ass full of salt.

This Saturday I will be heading out to the comp location and wheel on the most unusual and far off rocks. Eat your heart out course designers, I will have driven it! Well this place is awfully close to me so I will be looking to head out there around 10am.

Come on out and let me oogle your MOA rigs.

Last edited by opek; 12-01-2011 at 07:00 AM.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #3703
no talent hack

Comp 3

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/compe...10-2012-a.html
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #3704
Quarry Creeper

Going here tomorrow at 10am, it's 3 bucks to get in but worth it. Go in, park in the left lot where the road splits, meet up, walk in and crawl. I know Scott and I are down, see whoever else then.

Felicita Park, Escondido, CA - Google Maps
Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #3705
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Going here tomorrow at 10am, it's 3 bucks to get in but worth it. Go in, park in the left lot where the road splits, meet up, walk in and crawl. I know Scott and I are down, see whoever else then.

Felicita Park, Escondido, CA - Google Maps

Sounds good. I'll be there. Hopefully I don't break...
wally101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #3706
no talent hack

I might be able to make it out to del cerro tomorrow around noon. Any earlier isn't gonna work for me
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #3707
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
I might be able to make it out to del cerro tomorrow around noon. Any earlier isn't gonna work for me
Sounds good, I will still be there! PProbably gonna shoot to arrive at del cerro around noon!

Last edited by opek; 12-03-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #3708
I wanna be Dave

Default New guy

Hey guys, just relocated to San Diego and wanted see what the comp scene is all about. Couple of questions, will there be scalers or just crawlers at the comp? How many guys typically come out? What is the etiquette on showing up with a box full of new unused parts I've got for sale? I've never been to a comp but wanted to check it out. Post up with any thoughts. Check my signature for my one of my scalers...the the one that I tie pillows to when I drive offroad!!!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #3709
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Hey guys, just relocated to San Diego and wanted see what the comp scene is all about. Couple of questions, will there be scalers or just crawlers at the comp? How many guys typically come out? What is the etiquette on showing up with a box full of new unused parts I've got for sale? I've never been to a comp but wanted to check it out. Post up with any thoughts. Check my signature for my one of my scalers...the the one that I tie pillows to when I drive offroad!!!

Comps are mostly crawlers. Check here for scaler gtgs. Selling parts we try to keep on the DL at comps. But pm's and the club post work as well.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #3710
Rock Crawler

Didn't get out to Del Cerro until 12:30, so sorry if I missed you. I have a new strategy: spend the first 30 minutes looking around for the coolest rocks to climb. What an amazing little park!

There is broken glass almost everywhere, stupid kids. If it wasn't for the scale of the problem I'd probably bring out a rake and broom. I can imagine how leaving a park with an empty bottle is more incriminating than just breaking em before you leave. I should tie a medium sized rock to a rope, attach the rope to a trash can, and leave a sign that says "toss bottle in, toss rock on top" From the looks of it it would be filled with glass in a week!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #3711
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Don't forget the couch or condoms too.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #3712
RCC Addict

Bulldog those are really nice wheels on your scaler.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #3713
Rock Crawler

Bulldog welcome to SD, nice scale rig too.

Opek, I guess they don't know about recycling glass, all that could pay for a new crawler.

Bryce - sorry about the condumbs I hate putting them back in my wallet.
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #3714
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Comps are mostly crawlers. Check here for scaler gtgs. Selling parts we try to keep on the DL at comps. But pm's and the club post work as well.
Thanks for the heads up. I'd love to come to a gtg and as for parts, I'm not trying to rock the boat...I figured I have a lot of wanted parts that guys could easily pick up without paying shipping. I'll poke around and may try to make the comp just for the entertainment value. Thanks again
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #3715
Quarry Creeper

Had a blast yesterday with Scott at Felicita. We talked to the ranger when he came down to tell us to stay out of the water, but we were cool to crawl everywhere else. He said the big issue was comp videos being posted on youtube, guess they don't want vids of a bunch of clowns running around on the rocks on youtube. I figure a group of scalers are cool as long as we're respectful, which we always are. Here's a few pics...
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #3716
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Had a blast yesterday with Scott at Felicita. We talked to the ranger when he came down to tell us to stay out of the water, but we were cool to crawl everywhere else. He said the big issue was comp videos being posted on youtube, guess they don't want vids of a bunch of clowns running around on the rocks on youtube. I figure a group of scalers are cool as long as we're respectful, which we always are. Here's a few pics...
How is that tundra body mounted? Is there a build thread for it anywhere?
Huntweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #3717
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDheavymetal View Post
Bulldog those are really nice wheels on your scaler.
The whole damn thing is beautiful!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #3718
Rock Crawler

No work today? Clearly the only choice is Del Cerro after I'm done around home. Man, and I thought canyonside park was fun. The mini rock mountains at Del Cerro are just way to freaking fun to wheel on. I'm gonna be out there today and if you have some time and would like to come out, but aren't sure if I'll be there, give me a ring at (408 ) eight two three 5681.

Shane
Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #3719
Rock Crawler

I left my backpack there the other day with a set of Wiha hex bits and a driver, some scrwdrivers, a multi tool, locktite, a small open ended wrench. Jesus I was saddened. I came back the next day and I see my backpack near where I had left it, but looking rather nice. It was stood up and puffed out like it belonged in a shop window. It was a little bit weird. I open it up and all of my tools are there, even a few personal items. But I just couldn't find my god damn pipe. Sure enough, stuck into one of the pouches is a small note that reads, "sorry dude".

At least he left my tools! hahaha, they are by far the most valuable thing in that damn pack. And the pack itself! Cheers to the stoner kid that found my backpack and left everything of value.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #3720
Quarry Creeper

Nice, at least they were mostly honest! Ok, where we gonna' scale this Saturday? Glider port, Felicita, Rock quarry...???