Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #5621

Default Re: San Diego RC Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotyhamlett View Post
I have a three link truss. I believe matching front and rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm retarded. As the front and rear axles are the same..ie housings..the rear fits the front so they are the same truss even tho only advertised for the rear. As long as they are the 4 link (stock). Realized it after posting. Just gonna order another one. Only difference between the front and rear is that the front steers and the rear has lock outs. Anyway, is 3 link front and rear thr way to go? I'm satisfied having 5" front and 6" rear of travel. I imagine the 3 link gives even more.
seeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #5622

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotyhamlett View Post
Anything going on monday or Tuesday?

Interested as well.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #5623

I'm down for Tuesday man! Just let me know.

The deadbolt came in, and it's cool, I like it. It has a little shorter wheelbase than the stock honcho, but otherwise about the same thing. There are a few things on the deadbolt scx10 that aren't on my honcho scx10; dual slippers, new drive shaft design, and a AE-5 esc (waterproof, which I didn't know about)(different at least than my other RTRs that both came with AE-2 ESCs).
trofferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #5624

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeds View Post
I'm retarded. As the front and rear axles are the same..ie housings..the rear fits the front so they are the same truss even tho only advertised for the rear. As long as they are the 4 link (stock). Realized it after posting. Just gonna order another one. Only difference between the front and rear is that the front steers and the rear has lock outs. Anyway, is 3 link front and rear thr way to go? I'm satisfied having 5" front and 6" rear of travel. I imagine the 3 link gives even more.
There is a different brace on the front than the rear, but only if you are using the stock 3 link up front. If you are switching the front out to a 4 link setup then you can use a 'rear' truss support, in fact they give you an extra one in the spare parts tree along with 2 plastic links. I don't know why they just don't 4 link the front from the factory.

Last edited by trofferb; 07-13-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #5625

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofferb View Post
I'm down for Tuesday man! Just let me know.

The deadbolt came in, and it's cool, I like it. It has a little shorter wheelbase than the stock honcho, but otherwise about the same thing. There are a few things on the deadbolt scx10 that aren't on my honcho scx10; dual slippers, new drive shaft design, and a AE-5 esc (waterproof, which I didn't know about)(different at least than my other RTRs that both came with AE-2 ESCs).

Awesome. You know the places better then I. You pick a time. Just busy from 1-330. Rebuilding both axles so that will give me time to do that. PM me details. I'll have to check out the new ride. I adapted an AE slipper to run center diff just need to find an AE gear thats 90 tooth or just use an 87.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:37 PM   #5626

PM'd you.

If anyone else is interested, tomorrow we are planning on Hillside in El Cajon (or best suggestion, not that hillside is the best suggestion) @ around 10:00am. The more merrier.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #5627

Anyone down to hit the trails this weekend?

When's sdscalers next meet?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #5628
Quarry Creeper

Not this weekend for me. Super busy this weekend with work.

cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #5629
Quarry Creeper

What about this upcoming Wednesday or Thursday?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #5630

That sucks. But it might be raining anyway and my rigs aren't waterproof yet. The deadbolt is partially waterproof, but I don't think that the servo or rx is, and I haven't gone through the axles yet either.

I'm good for Wednesday or Thursday in the morning, hit me up.

Hey man, I got my dual steer MRC together finally, it drives pretty nice. We'll have to take the minis out one day now .

Last edited by trofferb; 07-18-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #5631
Quarry Creeper

Agreed on the minis. Im in the process of 4linkin the rear. I have the mounting points for the links. Just no links yet.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #5632

I need to work on my 4link too, I really am going to get link supplies soon. I really don't want to lose my mounting plate on the stock 3link, I have have seen people run the same kind of plate across their upper 4links too but I would imagine it would inhibit movement if it wasn't left loosely attached.

But other than that, the 4 wheel steering is really nice to have, it really helps with the turning radius.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #5633
Quarry Creeper

I can always put back to three link til I'm done with the 4link brain storming. But It would prob be the minis first. I have gotten to the G6 yet to fix the chassis.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #5634

I wish I had a spare scx10 chassis to give to you man, that sucks. Well at least you have the mini to mess around with until then. One thing I was going to tell you about the slickrock is that the rx is heavy as, I weighed it at something like 30g (if I remember right). My orange rx's (fake spektrum) and flysky rx's were something like 5-6, and even if you waterproofed them they wouldn't be 30g still... one reason even being is that you don't need that heavy gauge of wire that comes out of that slickrock 2ch rx. It may not sound like a lot of weight, but on the minis it matters more, and it's mounted up pretty high, unless you mount everything on the axles. That's just what I noticed, I don't know, thought I'd mention it, the slickrock chassis is kind of a pain, but not unlike the MRC chassis anyway.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:11 PM   #5635
Quarry Creeper

Default San Diego RC Crawlers

Scx10-I just have to bend the frame back straight. It bent inwards in the front just In front of the shock tower. Might be able to bend back without breaking it off.

Slickrock-I changed the rx to a 3 channel. When I plugged in the light bar to the 2ch one. The light bar did not come on. The esc and the rx weigh almost as much as the battery on the other side next to the motor. I'm gonna 3link it for now and get it ready for this weds or thurs.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #5636

It's bent in front of the shock tower? Then it's still functionable... I've seen people driving cars with frames so bend up that it looked like they were driving sideways down the freeway... kind of a 4WS crab walk.

That's weird that the lightbar didn't work off the stock 2ch rx. That's cool about the slickrock overall though, I can't wait to see it and how it performs now.

Seeds was saying he could make it Thursday, I can make it either day in the late morning, so whatever's clever.

Last edited by trofferb; 07-20-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #5637
Quarry Creeper

Oh yes.. still functional. But i have to fix it. Bumper is off and the project box came off the custom mount i made.

The slickrock is kinda fast. I might put the stock motor and esc back on. But maybe not.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #5638
Quarry Creeper

I can make it both days. I will only have the slick rock available for now.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #5639
Quarry Creeper

Is everyone ok. I havent heard from anyone in like 7 or 8 days.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #5640

Hey guys, San Diego based myself, up in Carlsbad. Bought an Axial Yeti a couple of months ago and looking for some good places to go crawling with my two young sons. Any suggestions close by? Cheers
bizarrefish is offline   Reply With Quote