RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   San Diego RC Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/45968-san-diego-rc-crawlers.html)

jiggatone 05-30-2019 04:20 PM

Re: San Diego RC Crawlers

revive san diego!me and my son sold our bashers and just got our scx10 2's. the modding has already begun, it's fun!wondering if anyone knows some fun spots, in san diego. much appreciated!

pmadrid13 05-30-2019 10:37 PM

Most of the San Diego guys are on Facebook under San Diego Scalers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cjnichols89 05-31-2019 08:44 AM

I'm just surprised hardly anyone posts anything in that group. Are there other groups in that area that are more active?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shinchu 05-31-2019 11:26 AM

hmm. yeah i haven't posted there in quite some time... mostly because i haven't really been out running the trucks for a while. too busy with baby and trying to finish building/finishing my ford and my son's chevy.
im out in el cajon though... rancho san diego.

cjnichols89 05-31-2019 11:33 AM

Ya I found the right one. There is second one that doesn't seem to get used.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shinchu 05-31-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggatone (Post 5938872)
revive san diego!me and my son sold our bashers and just got our scx10 2's. the modding has already begun, it's fun!wondering if anyone knows some fun spots, in san diego. much appreciated!

almost forgot to answer your question!

the facebook guys go to a spot called Del Cerro. its an undeveloped plot between houses just across the freeway from the college on the 8 fwy.
if you google map it, should come up.

other spots are along the beach near where the para gliders go.
spot in santee across the street from the high school off mast and 52.

or just... anywhere in east county lol we are really spoiled in san diego with a ton of nice terrain. get out and FIND some spots!

very cool to see another dad get into crawling with their son. my son is 10 and LOVES it!"thumbsup"

jiggatone 06-01-2019 10:33 PM

Thanks! I’ll look them up. Right now rohr park near Bonita, has piles of dirt up near the baseball field. They currently have various rocks and concrete loose pieces with dirt to crawl on. Here’s my Jeep and sons blazer.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ba9da22431.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...26bb635892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shinchu 06-02-2019 10:55 AM

Bonita/otay seems like a place nobody really talks about but seems it would have TONS of spots!
One in particular is my shortcut from jamul to otay ranch... Proctor valley road. Its a dirt trail that take about 20-30 min in my truck. At the end there is a little nature trail and a large pond? Like a wildlife preserve but you can hike it.
Might be some neat spots there as long as park rangers dont freak out about our "vehicles". There was a big thread on that on the sdcrawler fb page. Just depends on the ranger but dont argue it just makes us look bad. They mostly lump all rc trucks as big bad xmaxx or whatever they think will destroy the delicate ecosystem.

Nice rigs!!!

Chris

Techno Duck 06-02-2019 12:24 PM

Summit Ave in Santee is a really popular spot also. Usually the Facebook group go once a week.

10920 Summit Ave, Santee, CA 92071

RCHuffer 10-04-2019 12:25 PM

SDRCRC - Getting back on the Rocks after a long absence. I’m looking for some kind of list or roll call of all the Clubs here in the San Diego, OC and LA area. So far I know of:

SD Scalers
San Diego Scale Comp Series
Crawlers Only
Borderline Crawlers
Los Angeles crawlers
Crazy Crawlers

Are there any other clubs, if you don’t mind can you post up your clubs name. I’m mainly looking for Comp dates/locations for Comp or Scale crawlers.

Thanks Glenn

freddy0817 10-04-2019 01:02 PM

Los Angeles crawlers
Crazy Crawlers

RCHuffer 10-04-2019 03:02 PM

Thanks freddy0817

VMGontheRocks 10-04-2019 03:40 PM

Renegade Rock Runners has events occasionally too

tapped-out 10-04-2019 09:07 PM

Hey Glenn, SDRCRC getting back together? Do you know if they are having a comp season?

For the last few yrs Border line crawlers is the only club running 2.2 PRO and 2.2 Sporty class crawlers. I'd like to know if any other clubs run 2.2P or 2.2Sporty class comps.
If you still have my number hit me up today the best scale series sorcca based comp #2 is tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCHuffer (Post 5967429)
SDRCRC - Getting back on the Rocks after a long absence. I’m looking for some kind of list or roll call of all the Clubs here in the San Diego, OC and LA area. So far I know of:

SD Scalers
San Diego Scale Comp Series
Crawlers Only
Borderline Crawlers
Los Angeles crawlers
Crazy Crawlers

Are there any other clubs, if you don’t mind can you post up your clubs name. I’m mainly looking for Comp dates/locations for Comp or Scale crawlers.

Thanks Glenn

RCHuffer 10-08-2019 08:49 AM

tapped-out - I've been crawling again and noticed on FB that there are a lot of little clubs popping up around Socal. I wanted to find dates for their comps. I don't think SDRCRC is rebooting, but who knows maybe.

Neezy916 05-31-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAOTIC (Post 5831646)
If anyone lives near Tierrasanta, I stumbled upon a great place to crawl.

Where are you crawling out in Tierrasanta?

CHAOTIC 06-01-2020 11:07 AM

Dishwasher pond, just after the spillway. Might still be puddles of water though.

rcjunky3 06-06-2020 02:41 PM

i think you might be surprised to find close to 2 dozen clubs/groups between bakersfield and san diego

pmadrid13 06-06-2020 03:26 PM

The Facebook platform is just easier for many to follow. The main group for San Diego is still SDS (San Diego Scalers) but there are a few smaller groups

Neezy916 06-06-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAOTIC (Post 6026431)
Dishwasher pond, just after the spillway. Might still be puddles of water though.

Thanks I drive by that trail entrance almost every day and always wondered what was down there! Maybe I will see you out there some time. Cheers-