Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #5641
RCC Addict

Default Re: San Diego RC Crawlers

Cool, welcome bizarrefish. I'm not overly familiar with Northern SD to be honest. May want to check out San Diego Scalers on facebook. They are a pretty big group that tries to stay active and may know crawl spots up there.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #5642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Cool, welcome bizarrefish. I'm not overly familiar with Northern SD to be honest. May want to check out San Diego Scalers on facebook. They are a pretty big group that tries to stay active and may know crawl spots up there.
Thanks for advice, sent out request to join, San Diego is close enough, only 25 minutes from the heart of the city anyway. No doubt most of the bashing is done north of SD in anycase.
bizarrefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #5643
RCC Addict

There are crawl spots throughout San Diego. Several in East County (West Hills, Flynn Springs, Summit Dr), a few in La Jolla, Otay Lakes, Chula Vista, Mission valley, Del Cerro, Escondidio are the ones that come to mind that I've been to or heard about within San Diego. In regards to bashing/go-fast, I know there is a decent public track at fiesta island, down in chula vista and there are 2 actual race tracks (Miramar and Chula Vista) to get your race fix.

Just got a stock yeti? anything else? What mods does it have?

I know some guys are up in oceanside so maybe they know of crawl spots up there since that's considerably closer to you. There are also a lot of spots in Temecula area as well.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #5644

Quote:
There are crawl spots throughout San Diego. Several in East County (West Hills, Flynn Springs, Summit Dr), a few in La Jolla, Otay Lakes, Chula Vista, Mission valley, Del Cerro, Escondidio are the ones that come to mind that I've been to or heard about within San Diego. In regards to bashing/go-fast, I know there is a decent public track at fiesta island, down in chula vista and there are 2 actual race tracks (Miramar and Chula Vista) to get your race fix.
Didnt even think to take it to the SD Raceway, not sure they would appreciate a yeti screaming around the track would they? Good fun though :-). I have a B5M to help scratch the racing fix and SDR is my local for that as well.

Quote:
Just got a stock yeti? anything else? What mods does it have?
I bought the kit, I'm old school so try and steer away from RTR. I have some mods for the system to make it more robust, mainly Vanquish arms and titanium turnbuckles. Saving for the curie rear axle. Tempted to get the two step solution so i can use it for crawling more effectively as well as a turn of speed.

Quote:
I know some guys are up in oceanside so maybe they know of crawl spots up there since that's considerably closer to you. There are also a lot of spots in Temecula area as well.
Ok great thanks. Was ideally after a wonderful google maps overlay someone might have done with all the cool spots for crawling in the area. Maybe its an idea that no one has done yet that I can take up to help others.

cheers

Richard
Old 08-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #5645
RCC Addict

If 1/8th scale buggies/truggies can tear up the track at SDRC....I can't imagine the Yeti being any worse than that.

Yeah I prefer kits myself, first kit was a rc10b2 when i was 11/12 I forget whenever those came out.

I recall seeing a map before on SocalRC but believe it was more track related.

It would be smart/interesting to do a GPS/track my crawl/location type of map. I can barely remember to take pictures or use my gopro let alone try and GPS something.

Lastly....How did you know my name? I'm Richard...
Old 08-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #5646

Quote:
If 1/8th scale buggies/truggies can tear up the track at SDRC....I can't imagine the Yeti being any worse than that.
True! And the drivers rarely get around the track successfully lol

Quote:
Yeah I prefer kits myself, first kit was a rc10b2 when i was 11/12 I forget whenever those came out.
Tamiya Vanquish then a Schumacher Pro-Cat late 1980's early 1990's :-)

Quote:
I recall seeing a map before on SocalRC but believe it was more track related.

It would be smart/interesting to do a GPS/track my crawl/location type of map. I can barely remember to take pictures or use my gopro let alone try and GPS something.
Okay, I'll try and track something down, was really after the locations I can park up and take the boys for some bashing around that isnt the local park or nature reserve where I have to drive reserved or frowned upon.

Quote:
Lastly....How did you know my name? I'm Richard...
We're fortunate we have the same first name then :-).
Old 08-06-2015, 01:29 AM   #5647

I have seen it done on other forums but I forget how they do it, yet, I know for ppl who ride mountain bikes, they used google maps and colored in the area or trail. Thr same could be had for crawling parks/spots/areas. And its modifiable so that anyone in a group (or public with admin looking over) can add to the map. That way new comers or even ppl from out if town or ppl traveling have a map of the spots. Kinda like the weedmaps app..lol. But with google map being thr base. I can look it up and the rest can add to it if interested. I remember know..it was for bmx and skate ppl looking for spots around town (SD) and elsewhere. It was awesome. 100% user friendly. I will see if I can get a hold of the admin on silverfish and see if he can lead me in a direction.
If anyone else has ideas, lets hear em!
seeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #5648

Well I was added to the San Diego scalers page, seem a good bunch on there although will take some time to insert yourself into the relationships that already exist. Will take time and a couple of meets no doubt.

On the other point for a scalers map, managed to make one in Google Maps here; https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...cM&usp=sharing

Not sure how you would use the layers and the lines / shape colouring to determine areas to see. Ideally if you made it nationwide or global, people would simply go to their area of interest anyway. Main issue is that editing rights means they would have access to everything unless you embedded the map in a site and asked for grid suggestions..

Anyway, take a look and see what you think, happy to open it up to anyone to play around, just need an email address that you use for google services to add you to the permissions.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #5649
Quarry Creeper

SD Scalers are a great group. I was lucky enough to play with them once.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #5650
Quarry Creeper

Also....I will be at Hillside park in El Cajon on Wednesday (tomorrow) at 9am. There will be two others trofferb and seeds will be there hopefully.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #5651
Quarry Creeper

Default San Diego RC Crawlers

I received my tf2 swb kit. I'm stoked. It's super nice.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #5652
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotyhamlett View Post
I received my tf2 swb kit. I'm stoked. It's super nice.

It looks good, but it needs some scratches.....
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:28 PM   #5653

Just an FYI Krazy Kevin's Hobbies in Chula Vista is carrying more and more Crawler goodies and can order everything else...

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk
mforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:04 AM   #5654

Quote:
Originally Posted by mforget View Post
Just an FYI Krazy Kevin's Hobbies in Chula Vista is carrying more and more Crawler goodies and can order everything else...

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

I'm not in the Chula Vista area, but sure glad to hear of another shop in town in case I'm in need of something... anything
GU4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #5655
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys I know it's short notice but San Diego Scalers would love to have you all come out and join us for our Del Cerro G6 this Sat Sept 12th.
The address is 6434 Pasatiempo Dr. San Diego, Ca.
$10 registration fee
8am sign ups start, 8:30/45 drivers meeting 9am start.
2.2 and 1.9 1st, 2nd, 3rd place plus a great raffle with prizes sent from Proline, Axial, Krazy Kevins Hobbies, and Team KNK Hardware.
Come out and try your skill
myth619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #5656
RCC Addict

Oh I see how it is. I'm out of town for an amazing reason and you decide to have a local G6. >< Best of luck, I'm sure it'll be a great time =)
Old 09-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #5657
Pebble Pounder

I just got stationed in San Diego in May.
only have a RTR yeti right now but look forward to meeting other crawlers here in San Diego so see you guys on Saturday.
DKSnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #5658
Quarry Creeper

Welcome snipes

Old 09-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #5659
Rock Crawler

Some pics from the San Diego Del Cerro G6...

I've got more to share...stay tuned...
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #5660
Quarry Creeper

That G6 was as good as any I've been to, great job SDS.
ickabob is offline   Reply With Quote