Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #5681
Rock Stacker

Default Re: San Diego RC Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
You might give SDRC a call, I'm sure someone there will help you out. If not hit me up with a PM and I'll be happy to hook up with you one day that I'm there and help you out.
Thanks! Yea i called El Cajon hobby and explained to the kid on the phone what i was dealing with. He quoted me 10 bucks to have it wired and soldered. While that price sounds amazing I'm not sure he understood how much work was entailed.
SpaceBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #5682
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBalls View Post
Thanks! Yea i called El Cajon hobby and explained to the kid on the phone what i was dealing with. He quoted me 10 bucks to have it wired and soldered. While that price sounds amazing I'm not sure he understood how much work was entailed.
Are you looking to install the basic ESC and motor with the battery leads soldered on ? If so $10.00 is pretty treasonable.
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #5683
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
Are you looking to install the basic ESC and motor with the battery leads soldered on ? If so $10.00 is pretty treasonable.
Well a lil more complicated, castle bec, two Holmes hobbies Torque master 540 sports and two Holmes hobbies speed controls. I have a fly sky fs-gt3b radio. Not sure if it is going to be able to turn front or rear axles off for dig set up.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #5684
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Man that is some funny stuff! I am pretty sure he doesn't get it....
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #5685
I wanna be Dave

Pm sent
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #5686
Rock Crawler

I work at El Cajon hobbies. Come in Wednesday after 3:00 or Sunday and ask for me, Jamie.

By the way Spaceballs, do you happen to remember who you talked to on the phone?
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #5687
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well a lil more complicated, castle bec, two Holmes hobbies Torque master 540 sports and two Holmes hobbies speed controls. I have a fly sky fs-gt3b radio. Not sure if it is going to be able to turn front or rear axles off for dig set up.
Lol, I'm thinking you might be right. Whomever you talked to didn't understand what you need done. I do t even know how all that goes together. If you know what wire goes where I'd be glad to help you out. I'd learn something in the process.

You'd just need to hook up with at SDRC.
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #5688
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
I work at El Cajon hobbies. Come in Wednesday after 3:00 or Sunday and ask for me, Jamie.

By the way Spaceballs, do you happen to remember who you talked to on the phone?
Oh sweet! No but he did mention your name. Said you did wiring and solder. I will definitely bring it to you. Do you always work Wednesdays and Sundays?
Old 01-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #5689
Rock Crawler

I always work 3:00 or later on Wednesday and all day 10-5 Sunday. I am essentially the only crawler guy here, so the guy you talked to indeed might not have undestood what you needed.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #5690
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
I always work 3:00 or later on Wednesday and all day 10-5 Sunday. I am essentially the only crawler guy here, so the guy you talked to indeed might not have undestood what you needed.
Yea I understand its not something of the norm. Im glad i found someone close that has knowledge of these cars. You will be seeing me in the near future thank you.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #5691

TGIF! Hey guys. I just got into crawling (just for fun)and want to meet some fellow crawlers in the area. Anything going on this weekend?
Sinewavz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #5692
Rock Crawler

I might try to get out tomorrow. It would be over at West Hills, unknown time.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #5693

Default San Diego RC Crawlers

I may go down to the flying field by Sea world, it's just closer to
me and some of the guys will be flying their wings/quads. Found a good set of rocks to test my new toy on. Down by the beach there are some good spots. Good thing is this will make me hike around more for spots.

There may be a few of us testing fpv ground gear too.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #5694
Rock Crawler

I will be out at West Hills to trail in about an hour. Yeah, this is super short notice but I figured I would just post up anyway...
Old 01-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #5695

All good. Thanks for the invite. Just got done for today but more this weekend.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #5696
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Hi guys so I use to frequent this website all the time mostly lurking and learning. Ive had an axial xr-10 for quite some time now. i have pretty much everything to get it running. just need some one to wire it up for me. (id rather not do it myself) Anyone have a local hobby shop they trust. I've read bad reviews about hobby people and el cajon hobbies. These are the closest to me. thanks for any input.
Hey SB,

SDRCRC disappeared a couple of years back when the comp crawling scene contracted to but a few gents. BorderLine Crawlers (BLC) is the sole remaining comp crawling club in SoCal at this point. Check us out in the CA section just a few threads down from this one. We have many gents with a great deal of XR experience. Our next comp is 2/20 in Menifee but we do fun crawl closer to SD on occasion. From my experience, no LHS has a clue about tuning and building a capable comp crawler, aside from the basics common to all RCs. PM me or any member of BLC if you have any questions. Hope to catch you on the rocks whether it's just to tune and learn or actually drive gates.

Cheers,

Joel
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #5697
Quarry Creeper

There is SD Scalers that have a FB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #5698

Anyone doing anything this weekend?
Old 02-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #5699

So here's more info on the G-6ish. It will be held in corona off the 15 and temescal canyon rd. Take 15 to temescal canyon rd and go west (left under freway if your coming from south) go past Tom's farm about a half mile and turn left on Squaw mountain rd. and park at bridge about 100 yards after turn. It will start at 9:00 am on Sunday drivers meeting at 8:45. It will be a no touch no H.O.G. buddy crawl. Have a buddy help you get trough the gates, winches and straps highly recommended. Nothing too radical just a scale creek run but some spots can be tough. Any type of rig welcome! Don't have a crawler? Bring what you've got and have some fun!!! There will be about 150 gates to test your rig and your skills. There will be a best climber event and coolest rig event! Get some bragging rights!!! I will be there at 7:00 am to set up the course and will have some donuts, any help would be greatly appreciated. BBQ after the crawl. Hope to see some of the SD crew out on the trail!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Rubberducky213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:10 PM   #5700

Sunday march 6 Forest Falls!!!

I'm going with a small group of good guys. All are welcome to go and have some fun. There is ultimate crawling and will definitely test the durability of your rig. 9:30 start time bring water and something to munch on...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Rubberducky213 is offline   Reply With Quote