Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Official Beach City Crawlers Home Page. Los Angeles/Orange County area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #221
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Official Beach City Crawlers Home Page. Los Angeles/Orange County area.

Uhhhhh.....there was never any question about that in my mind, buddy. Hate to tell ya!

Link to the South Bay group! South Bay Beach City Crawlers

General Social Link! California - West Coast - South Bay Page Link

Last edited by RockKook; 04-29-2014 at 08:24 AM.
RockKook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #222
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Official Beach City Crawlers Home Page. Los Angeles/Orange County area.

damn. That looks like an aluminum carrier too. Good job. I am tempted to take my stampede out to the skate park one day. theres one in san pedro under the 110 Channel and Pacific. Seems like it would be a pretty vacant place.

Farmers00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #223
Pebble Pounder

You will be run out if anyone spots you. Trust me. I have a half pipe if you want to hit the transition.
Fly Krisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #224
Pebble Pounder

I am a 100% go for this weekends gtg at bluff cove.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #225
Rock Stacker

awesome! Should have roughly 6-8 people turn out.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #226
Pebble Pounder

Last Call.....South Bay KOH/G6 Bluff run this morning, 11am. If interested follow Farmers directions in this thread.

Count down 3 hours, charging Lipos.......WOHOOOOO!

See you there! Or be a sissy!!! Let's ROCK!

Old 05-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #227
Pebble Pounder

GREAT DAY OUT.....KIDS HAD FUN....DADS HAD FUN.

Day Highlights:
ME) Lost my mascot.....the parrot....still a standing reward out for its recovery, BTW. At one point it was found and then lost again. My hammer stripped its tranny yet again, so more wrenching is in its future. My boy and girl, ripped it up with my Wraith. I'm still looking to see what needs wrenching on before the next GTG....which BTW....I'm thinking I might go back down today and search for the Parrot. Just a good excuse to get out.
KRIS & LUE) As usual, these guys bashed up the rocks all day with their monster G6'er builds. I loved watching the speed and jumping with these rigs. LUE, it's coming, a chassis may be in the future for a G6 purpose built rig. AHHHHHh..... ALSO, thanks for providing some cool beverage!!!
MIKE) Put his Wraith in a salt water bath. OUCH.....he was out of commission due to severe electronics failure; HOWEVER he got my MVP award for dishing me out his unused battery for my Wraith to continue for more trailing.
BRAD) Picked up the slack for Team Hammer and played on the rocks all day until his batteries died. I wish I had had my TH running to crawl along with him. Sorry to have let you down buddy.
Newcomer Danny) Represented with his Dingo SCX. A very nice and capable 55T motor.....made some impressive lines for the 1.9 scale class.
Newcomer PAUL) Brought out his Traxxas Summit. This rig is a behemoth and it was both surprising and interesting to see it work its way up some of the spots, but the bone crushing falls on the way down were unparalleled by anything I have ever seen. LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!

NEXT GTG.....I'm heading down to CDM on Wednesday to see the OC BOYS! Anyone interested in playing hooky with me, let me know. I'm thinking to leave here around 10.

Lastly, for anyone interested...here are our links to bookmark!

Old 05-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #228
Pebble Pounder

Pictures from yesterday......

Partial Group Pics....

Enjoy.....

Last edited by RockKook; 05-05-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #229
Pebble Pounder

That was an awesome day. It was hot as hell buy we all had fun. Next time in taking my spear fishing gear and I'll bring home dinner. Thanks to all the new guys for making it out, we had a great turnout. I like that spot more and more every time I go. I think we all need to water proof all of our electronics. I don't want to see another rig go in the puddle of doom and loose any gear. At one point I was upside down in the puddle but I didn't burn up anything. My gear is waterproof luckily. All in all it was an awesome day for the Beach City Crawlers. Thanks to Nune for the awesome pics.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #230

DynoXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #231
Pebble Pounder

Dyno Danny.....thanks for the great shots. It was great to have you...I hope you had a good time. Keep in touch and let us know about any GTG's you're going to. BTW....the first two shots and last two shots are some of my favorites from the day.

Last edited by RockKook; 05-05-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #232
Pebble Pounder

Great shots Danny. Welcome to the club. 1.9 represent.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #233

Thanks for the welcome, it was great, I'll definitely be seeing you guys again on any Saturday gtg's if I don't have previous plans. I do need to weigh down those 1.9's more, and switch to 18.5 sensored motor or 35T brushed.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #234
Rock Stacker

Was great meeting you Danny. Sweet pics too. Throw a set of 2.2's on there and give it a try. The 18T sounds pretty good. You'll lose a lot of torque but you'll gain some needed wheel speed. Our twin hammers run a 15T if I'm not mistaken but we have a 2 speed tranny. I think a 18T should be good for the bluff tho. I see a lot of people running a 35T but they lack the wheel speed as we'll. good trail motor. If you want to shell out the extra bucks get some aluminum wheels and some pit bulls. Otherwise wrap some lead wire around your current set. Other people use the sticky wheel weights. I think they make axel weights for the scx10 too. Fly was talking about them. Can't wait for the next get together.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #235

Thanks for the help. I took your advice and ordered some wheel weights from eBay. I'm not sure I want to go 2.2 yet, I still like the scale look. It has a mmp right now. Do you think brushless motor would work on this for crawling?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:47 AM   #236
Rock Stacker

Scale is awesome. I've had my eye on the tekin roc 412 series. It's a brushless crawler motor. But as long as you get something sensored you should be able to crawl no problem. There is a metric ton of support for the scx10's. After market as far as the eye can see. Vanquish products makes some great aluminum parts and scale stuff too. The currie axels are popular for scale looks. Rc4wd makes winches and trailers and bumpers. Tons of stuff. Think they have scale accessories too. Rpp is a pretty awesome online hobby store. And just browse the scx10 forums here on rccrawler for ideas and parts.

Best advice I can give ya is keep the weight low. Add weight to the lowest part of the truck you can. Helps balance while crawling. The right springs and oil combo is good too. The more you drive it the more you'll learn what you need to change.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #237
Rock Stacker

This runs carnage, minor battery tray break, bent number plate. Must have landed on it or something. Full inspection still to come.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #238

:-) Is there a South Bay Beach Crawlers facebook page?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:12 AM   #239
Pebble Pounder

No...not yet Danny. Do you want to take one on? It's up for grabs!!!

Here is our secret cove.

BTW.....and here are some of Competition Hill.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #240

Done deal. The facebook page has been created. The group is "closed" so that any posts on the group page will only be visible to other group members (can be changed to "open" if you guys wish). Just send a request to join. Here's a link to the page: South Bay Beach City Crawlers Facebook Page

Also, I found these guys on Craigslist, they seem to be a new group:
*** Scale Crawling Saturday ***
And their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/641957009217535/

In case you want to make some more friends.

Official Beach City Crawlers Home Page. Los Angeles/Orange County area. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Los angeles Area Crawlers. soulfly3 California 5 05-27-2014 02:29 AM
Where to crawl in the Los Angeles area? liketocrawl California 4 07-15-2008 09:27 AM
South Central Los angeles Crawlers???? boostamante California 4 07-14-2008 11:06 PM