Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: NorCalRcRc 2014/2015 series information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default NorCalRcRc 2014/2015 series information

NorCalRcRc 2014/2015 Series Information

NorCalRcRc is back for this year as one of the oldest sanctioned radio controlled rock crawling clubs, in Northern California, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
This year the club is under new management, and with a few simple changes in the format of the season participation, as compared to what drivers are used to experiencing from this club, as well as other(s).

We are proud to announce the start of the season at our local favorite, Genentech on Sunday October 12th. We are continuing to run our comps on the 2nd Sunday of each month, with one throw out. we will do this for 6 months, meaning there will be 6 comps this season.
So here is the skinny on what we are going to do:

_The series, and comps are free! so you will pay nothing to us to join the series.
_Anyone is welcome to join the series, just let us know that you intend to do so, so that we can keep track of your placement on the season standings.
_If a competitor is a series member in any of the other clubs, the driver will not be eligible to become part of our series. This does not mean that other club, and or series members are not invited, but it means that we are prioritizing our own members as a ways to support, and promote the sport. Anyone is welcome to come play with us!
_The top 5 drivers from our series will receive an invite to compete, in the northern california shootout with the top drivers of the other participating clubs at season’s end.
_A series member not qualified in the top 5 of our series, will not be bumped up from the remaining of the other finishing places. This means that if a driver does not make the top 5, driver 6, 7, 10, etc. will not be placed in lieu of 5th, or 4th place, if the qualifying drivers cannot make it.
_We will be running 2.2 Pro, and 2.2 Shafty(no dig, no MOA), and we are considering Trail class as a possibility for at least half of the season, but that will depend on turn out numbers, and judges to volunteer.
_Current USRCCA rules format will be used, and you can expect fun, yet challenging course set up, and the occasional throw back format(5 hard ass gates-5 minutes, and/or start and finish live gates).
_Since we are not charging drivers money to come play, Club, and series Sponsors are welcome with goodies to reward our top placing series members with a prize.

Schedule:
October 12th- Genentech
November 9th- TBD
December 14th- TBD
January 11th- TBD
February 8th- TBD
March 8th- TBD

NorCalRcRc will continue to bring quality comps to drivers in the quest for fun, and sportsmanship. We will determine our next location(s), following each individual event. We will let you know if we need to postpone a date to the following month if we need to, and we will make sure we are done with our series before the northern california shootout deadline.

We hope that lots of you can join us, and come out to play with high precision you trucks, and have lot of fun while at it!

Thank You!!!
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Default Re: NorCalRcRc 2014/2015 series information

Big thanks to Juan and Sloski for keeping the club going. I'm taking a break from crawling for a bit (gotta rebuild my junk) but I'll be there bright and early to bring all the equipment!
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If a competitor competes in another series running only a class 2 and/or class 3....not an MOA...can he be a part of your series with a 2.2 pro rig and scored in your series?

LERK is only a scaler series....the only other local MOA series I know of is GSRCC I'm assuming if I run there series I'm excluded???
But if I run the scalers series can I be counted in yours?
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
If a competitor competes in another series running only a class 2 and/or class 3....not an MOA...can he be a part of your series with a 2.2 pro rig and scored in your series?

LERK is only a scaler series....the only other local MOA series I know of is GSRCC I'm assuming if I run there series I'm excluded???
But if I run the scalers series can I be counted in yours?
We are not running scalers so you are ok!
And we are not excluding, we are not an invite only club. We welcome everybody to come run comps with us, the reason we are not allowing drivers to sign up for the series if they are already series members someplace else is, because that eliminates competition from the shootout , and that's been ok for years, we just want NorCal drivers to be able to compete, and not be excluded from regional finals, just because they don't have the time to go play with every club, every weekend of the month.

I hope thats better explained, if not let me know. I will keep on trying!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Really great news!
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting Dragon View Post
We are not running scalers so you are ok!
And we are not excluding, we are not an invite only club. We welcome everybody to come run comps with us, the reason we are not allowing drivers to sign up for the series if they are already series members someplace else is, because that eliminates competition from the shootout , and that's been ok for years, we just want NorCal drivers to be able to compete, and not be excluded from regional finals, just because they don't have the time to go play with every club, every weekend of the month.

I hope thats better explained, if not let me know. I will keep on trying!
right on...thanks
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Comp #2 has been posted, and can be viewed here:
Nor Cal rcrc Comp #2 at DVC

Hope you can join us!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #8
RCC Addict

So where are we going to go next team captain?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

if anyone is interested the Norcal Shootout is posted.

Norcal Shootout
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
RCC Addict

How many of you guys are planning on going to Vegas for 2015 Worlds/Nationals?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:27 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
How many of you guys are planning on going to Vegas for 2015 Worlds/Nationals?
I was until we got behind schedule at work, big comp plans have to now wait until RED Rock Rumble!

NorCalRcRc 2014/2015 series information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OCK winter series 2014/2015 @ R/c Madness . ctsami Connecticut 19 02-27-2015 07:28 PM
OCK winter series 2014/2015 @ R/c Madness . ctsami Massachusetts 3 11-12-2014 10:13 AM
SDRCRC 2014-2015 Season Series OPENER Lake Wohlford RCHuffer Competitions 5 10-17-2014 12:19 PM
2014/2015 KRC indoor winter points series Tin Soldier Pennsylvania 0 09-30-2014 08:37 PM
2014-2015 GSRCRC SERIES COMP #2 - Hacklebarney State Park - 09/28/14 TURBOFEST New Jersey 0 09-23-2014 09:14 AM