RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Bay Area Crawl Spots (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/567895-bay-area-crawl-spots.html)

ANoodle 07-19-2016 05:55 PM

Bay Area Crawl Spots

So I have crawled in alot of places through-out the Bay Area. From Oakland to Mt Diablo.

I say post the spots that you like to go to and the rigs you go out with.
Maybe even get with other crawls and go crawl around the Bay.

From San Cruz to the Santa Rosa."thumbsup"

THE ROOKIE 07-19-2016 11:33 PM

Re: Bay Area Crawl Spots

Indian rock 5star. Point isabella nice,gtec,nice of course my backyard folsom lake best ever,lol. 2.2 pro

Stuck 07-20-2016 09:28 AM

1.9 or 2.2 Scale/Comp
Pacific Grove
Bollinger Falls
Mt Diablo
Genentech (SC Track too)
Rockaway beach
Mcinnis Park
The Bean
Lake Folsom
Chilpancingo Park

2.2 Comp
Guadalupe River @ Trimble
Treasure island

1beatjeep 07-20-2016 03:40 PM

Here you go

Mini hammers

linda vista

Big Bill 07-22-2016 07:05 AM

These are mostly Scaler spots.
Flat Rock..Santa Rosa
Bodega Head... Bodega Bay
Sugar Loaf State Park...Santa Rosa
Deer Park..Folsom

Mini Hammers..San Jose... I am not sure if we can still use this area
RainBow Bridge...Folsom..Dont let the name fool you :ror:
Below the Folsom Rodeo Grounds..Folsom..EPIC
CloverScale...Cloverdale
These are a few I have used the past 8 or so years that I can recall off the top of my head. I have been to almost all of the ones mentioned above they too are very nice. Hands down Folsom Lake is probably one of the best if the water level is a little lower than full, so many areas there you could spend a month there and never crawl the same area."thumbsup"

chino63 07-24-2016 02:37 PM

There's an OG spot up the creek past Stevens Creek reservoir, Palomares canyon is a good hardcore scaler spot and several unnamed spots near the bean.

Ausomecrawl 08-18-2016 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chino63 (Post 5538775)
There's an OG spot up the creek past Stevens Creek reservoir, Palomares canyon is a good hardcore scaler spot and several unnamed spots near the bean.

I'll have to check out this area. Thanks

derycksan 08-18-2016 11:46 PM

White ladies in santa cruz is a popular spot. Also santa theresa park has plenty of trails to run.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MikeVi 09-16-2016 07:02 AM

Hey guys, in the East Bay here. Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm just jumping into crawling and would eventually like to ride with some locals. Planning on building a berg soon.

Adubscsr 09-28-2016 10:42 AM

Hey guys...newbie here. I'm in Santa Cruz and occasionally in Santa Rosa. Would like to learn more and have some crawlers to run with. I'll follow the postings or you can message me. Thanks.
Andrew

chino63 09-29-2016 09:27 PM

Scale or comp? Glad you posted here instead of facebook. :ror:

MikeVi 09-30-2016 07:59 AM

Getting my XR-10 next week, cant wait to start crawling. Anyone got any good spots in the East Bay?

Adubscsr 10-08-2016 10:07 AM

Vaterra Ascender K5 pure stock for now. As I learn more and pay this thing off then I'll start with upgrades. Right now it wheels pretty awesome. Message me if anyone wants to wheel Santa Cruz or Santa Rosa. Not up on the Santa Cruz spots yet...could make Bean or Moon no prob. SR done Flat which is super fun. Vietnam had fun on some rocky single track but didn't go too far exploring. I could make a S Bay trip too.

Thinkcooper 10-24-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adubscsr (Post 5572767)
Vaterra Ascender K5 pure stock for now. As I learn more and pay this thing off then I'll start with upgrades. Right now it wheels pretty awesome. Message me if anyone wants to wheel Santa Cruz or Santa Rosa. Not up on the Santa Cruz spots yet...could make Bean or Moon no prob. SR done Flat which is super fun. Vietnam had fun on some rocky single track but didn't go too far exploring. I could make a S Bay trip too.

Santa Cruz here - the rocks at the boat harbor off 7th Ave. are a decent crawling spot.

1tonscout 11-22-2016 09:36 PM

Westwood hills in napa
Dry creek road in napa
redwood road in napa
skyline park in napa
buhman park creek in napa
private property by lake berryessa in napa

Bluerock108 12-11-2016 09:01 PM

Re: Bay Area Crawl Spots San Rafael Aa. Loch Lomond Marina

San Rafael, Loch Lomond marina on the south side out on the rock spit. Guys are crawling the rocks along the walkway to the point. Sundays and Wednesdays. Cool if we had enough people to have a timed event. plenty of parking tables and clean bathroom. Big rocks and some hard crawling even for the 2.2 pro guys.

TheLetterJ 12-11-2016 10:18 PM

I don't live up there, but while visiting my brother this weekend I stopped by Sheldon's Hobbies in Milpitas and they had an indoor crawler course (and a drift track.)

bent70 12-24-2016 02:49 PM

New spot in San Francisco
317-375 Marietta Dr

https://goo.gl/maps/AXcaQmkumQG2

kennydoggins 03-20-2017 07:31 PM

Bay Area Crawl Spots

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVi (Post 5563802)
Hey guys, in the East Bay here. Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm just jumping into crawling and would eventually like to ride with some locals. Planning on building a berg soon.

Hey I'm new too. Found an awesome spot by Merritt college for challenging technical crawling obstacles. Kinda like Hollister or Carnegie "4x4 areas" for 1:1 trucks.
Joaquin Miller has some nice climbs but I stay off all mtb trails cause I don't think some stoner rc dude mixes good with a mtb moving fast. I ride bikes too and there are a ton of trails they aren't allowed on, so that's my thoughts on that sorta. Redwood park has some good trails too. Can get technical and steep.
Anyway, there's plenty around just gotta go searching. Been meaning to check this closed sulfur mine by Merritt college too, looks like a long section of baby head rock climbing.
Good luck see you out there.

bmxbryant09 03-21-2017 05:17 PM

Hey I'm new to the petaluma area are there any good crawl spots?