RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Starting Anaheim Crawler Group (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/569123-starting-anaheim-crawler-group.html)

Jgonzalez 08-10-2016 11:34 AM

Starting Anaheim Crawler Group

Hope I'm posting in the right place, still learning.

I would like to start a regular group gathering for crawlers around the Anaheim area. If interested, please contact me so we can get his thing going! Number one rule though, please have respect for people, their different skill level, and their rigs. This is for everyone. We were all rookies at one point or another. This group is to encourage and learn from each other.

Thank you for reading!
Jose Gonzalez

tapped-out 08-10-2016 11:54 AM

Re: Starting Anaheim Crawler Group

Scaler or comp rigs?

Jgonzalez 08-10-2016 12:09 PM

Everyone is welcome! Run what you brung! I own an SCX10 and a Losi Night Crawler, I plan on bringing those around. It's about having fun and learning from each other. Heck, maybe someone who is starting out with a scaler might catch the comp crawler bug and decide to expand their garage. It's all about posi-vibes & crawling : )

shiftauto 08-11-2016 08:38 PM

Where do you like to crawl?

tapped-out 08-11-2016 08:50 PM

Border Line Crawlers had a comp season starting in Oct.
We are also having a scale/ run what you brung class comp. Our 3rd comp will be Aug 27... in Victorville...

shiftauto 08-12-2016 10:05 AM

I was curious where in Anaheim jgonzalez crawls. I'm in OC like him. One day I'll probably check out your comps, just on a cooler day.lol

tapped-out 08-12-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftauto (Post 5548021)
I was curious where in Anaheim jgonzalez crawls. I'm in OC like him. One day I'll probably check out your comps, just on a cooler day.lol

Agreed about a cooler day. That's why our next scale comp will start around 4-5pm"thumbsup"

Jgonzalez 08-12-2016 12:32 PM

Places I enjoy crawling:

- Corona del Mar
-Holy Jim back trail (heading toward the falls)

I have yet to fully explore Anaheim, but I frequently see spots all over. I just think it'd be better with a group. There's the river beds by the golf range (Ball exit)

I have seen on the forums of places in dry river beds & under bridges located in Irvine by Bake Pkwy. Here are two locations I would like to go to (Anaheim people, we can all carpool)
1- 33.664153, -117.705790
2- - 33.644269,-117.665892

Copy & paste the coordinates above into google maps

Thank you all for contributing to my first post. I love this RC community!

shiftauto 08-12-2016 03:07 PM

Holy Jim is pretty sweet. Not sure if I went towards the falls or not though. There's a spot in Huntington Beach that quite a few people go to. It's a fun night crawl spot too.

Jgonzalez 08-12-2016 04:12 PM

Happy Friday! I'm thinking of going out for a couple of hours somewhere around Anaheim, maybe the river bed. Anyone interested, send me a message & make plans from there.

Jgonzalez 08-19-2016 09:30 AM

Good day crawlers! Next week I will be doing some recon on a sick trail at Holy Jim Falls. I will GoPro record the highlights and time lapse the actual entire trail.

I will not be running my crawler, it's just scouting & prepping. Using the recon video footage, I will build portable bridges and other items that may help along the trail. If you would like to join me and help with the planning of what we will need, we can go out for beers after, my treat (21+ only though)

Once we get everything together & built, I'll organize a fun gathering where EVERYONE is welcome and can use whatever vehicle they choose. All ages are welcome too, this and all future gatherings will be all about fun, making new friends and of course posi-vibes all around. Please no haters, trolls or anyone who doesnt have a good positive attitude. Mistakes will be made but we will be there to help in any way.

Thank you all and have a great weekend!

Jgonzalez 08-23-2016 09:22 AM

Have the day off. Anyone wanna get together and go crawl?

crawler_34 08-23-2016 11:16 PM

I'm interested, will have my eye on this thread. Live in pomona

Jgonzalez 08-27-2016 12:04 PM

Anyone interested in going to Corona del Mar & do some crawling today? Message me & we can carpool if you're in my area.

Jgonzalez 08-29-2016 09:11 AM

I'm finding it difficult to get any feedback or responses. I'll be honest, crawling is fun, but there's nothing like doing it with a group of like minded people. I still want to have gatherings for fun but if like to hear from the community from people who are serious about meeting up. Maybe have a side group of locals only that can plan bigger adventures like Axial Fest 2017. If you would like to be a part of the more dedicated group, contact me. I would like to host those people over at my house for a bbq, kinda like a meet n greet for our more dedicated group/club. Below is my email, if you wanna be a part of this, email me directly at: gonzalez.a.jose@gmail.com

Thank you and hope to hear from you all.

Gunner1 09-04-2016 10:25 PM

Some of my friends and I get together in Seal Beach and run on mondays. We're retired. We wheel down at Rivers End. Lots of large rocks on the Sea Wall to crawl on and some awesome sand dunes that a SCX10 can make it up. We are checking out a new place we found down at the end of Valley View where it turns into Bolsa Chica and dead ends at the ocean. I'll post a video of it. It appears to be a large dirt bike park with some rock piles here and there.

pooldawg 09-17-2016 04:17 PM

What's up guys....... cody here. Im from sgv but always down to crawl on the weekends. Will to travel out there and also got some great spots out here. Crawled out at corona del mar today with jose and had a good time. 2 wraiths,losi night crawler,redcat (big cat) and the micro haha. Good times guys

Rack_and_peanut 09-18-2016 02:55 AM

It was fun out there today guys, will diffidently get out earlier next time after I get some lights on my rig. Thanks for all the advice and letting my truckless friend try out some different crawlers. Can't wait until the next one. "thumbsup"
-Adam

pooldawg 09-18-2016 04:20 AM

Hey adam,good times. Lol on the truckless friend haha. I always try to bring a spare for a buddy. We definitely need to do it again. Always down to beach crawl

nosser 09-22-2016 11:28 PM

Hey guys Bryan here. Been out of the game for a while, but would love to come out. I'm in Irvine.