RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Orange County Scale Crawling Groups? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/585282-orange-county-scale-crawling-groups.html)

Nexus6 05-29-2017 11:50 PM

Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Any Crawling clubs/groups in the OC out there?

Nexus6 05-31-2017 01:54 AM

Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Wow this hobby is dead. I can't seem to find any groups, meetups, clubs, organizations, etc that rock crawl together in orange county. Sad.

tapped-out 05-31-2017 07:54 AM

Yes scale crawling is Dead.... you need to build a 2.2 sporty or a 2.2pro MOA rig.
Border Line Crawlers is having a GTG June 10 early in the morning in Victorville ca. Yes I know it's not the OC. we a more focused on the competition side of crawling however many guys in our club bring their scale rigs to drive after comps. All are welcome to join in on the fun.

BTW scale crawling isn't dead in the OC you just need to keep looking.

Pm me if interested in showing up June 10th "thumbsup"

Nexus6 05-31-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapped-out (Post 5713651)
Yes scale crawling is Dead.... you need to build a 2.2 sporty or a 2.2pro MOA rig.
Border Line Crawlers is having a GTG June 10 early in the morning in Victorville ca. Yes I know it's not the OC. we a more focused on the competition side of crawling however many guys in our club bring their scale rigs to drive after comps. All are welcome to join in on the fun.

BTW scale crawling isn't dead in the OC you just need to keep looking.

Pm me if interested in showing up June 10th "thumbsup"

Thanks! I would love to go and check it out. I know I'm late to the party, but I've caught the scale crawling bug. I just got myself a TRX4 and I'm itching to go crawling with it. The problem is, I don't know where to go and I wouldn't want to go somewhere too public and It'd be nice to crawl with someone. If you guys don't mind a newbie crawling in the background, let me know and I might come hang with yall. :mrgreen:

nosser 05-31-2017 10:28 AM

I'm part of a crawler group in OC. They go out sometimes twice a week. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tapped-out 05-31-2017 11:04 AM

https://youtu.be/eQJ0uxdn8eI

Video above 2.2 pro crawler
Info to GTG probably will be a small turn out because it's so early in the morning.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/calif...6-10-17-a.html

Nexus6 05-31-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosser (Post 5713702)
I'm part of a crawler group in OC. They go out sometimes twice a week. Where are you located?

I'm in Irvine "thumbsup"

nosser 05-31-2017 11:16 AM

Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus6 (Post 5713724)
I'm in Irvine "thumbsup"

Nice, I'm in irvine too. Culver and 5fwy. I know one of the other groups I'm in has an event on June 4, but it's not in OC. I'll let you know when the next event comes up. There's some nice spots to crawl in cdm and a couples in south OC.

Nexus6 05-31-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosser (Post 5713727)
Nice, I'm in irvine too. Culver and 5fwy. I know one of the other groups I'm in has an event on June 4, but it's not in OC. I'll let you know when the next event comes up. There's some nice spots to crawl in cdm and a couples in south OC.

Sounds good. Let me know!

soze 05-31-2017 03:16 PM

I'm in Irvine as well, but I haven't had the chance to go out other than around my neighborhood.

nosser 05-31-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5713818)
I'm in Irvine as well, but I haven't had the chance to go out other than around my neighborhood.

Nice! Did you have a nice spot to crawl in irvine? I'd check it out. When the guys set a meet, I'll send it here.

nosser 06-12-2017 11:49 AM

My group is doing a Father's Day early crawl from 8-11 in cannon. Feel free to come by

Kapti 06-14-2017 02:44 PM

Im in the city of Orange and always up for a local crawl. Keep this thread updated.

TheAxialNut 06-14-2017 03:02 PM

Just watched JH's vid on that, looks cool. I hope they release a kit version, I think it will be a first for traxxas!

Actually there used to be a few groups, and one specifically in So. OC (OCRCRC), others included surrounding areas; (WCRCRC)(SoCalRCRC)(SDRCRC). Shit happens and people loose interest, there are still a few groups out there, most of the dedicated drivers and builders have trickled down from all these clubs into one, as mentioned before BLC. These are individuals that have done the most with these types of trucks (IMO) raced them in all types of venues. U4RC, Comp Crawling, Builders... Then there are more scale focused clubs where most of the gtg's are scale based, Renegade Rock Runners, West Coast Crawlers, there are more, but I forget.

Hope this helps, it is better to crawl with others....hehe.

See you on the Rocks (as they say)

Nexus6 06-16-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAxialNut (Post 5718642)
Just watched JH's vid on that, looks cool. I hope they release a kit version, I think it will be a first for traxxas!

Actually there used to be a few groups, and one specifically in So. OC (OCRCRC), others included surrounding areas; (WCRCRC)(SoCalRCRC)(SDRCRC). Shit happens and people loose interest, there are still a few groups out there, most of the dedicated drivers and builders have trickled down from all these clubs into one, as mentioned before BLC. These are individuals that have done the most with these types of trucks (IMO) raced them in all types of venues. U4RC, Comp Crawling, Builders... Then there are more scale focused clubs where most of the gtg's are scale based, Renegade Rock Runners, West Coast Crawlers, there are more, but I forget.

Hope this helps, it is better to crawl with others....hehe.

See you on the Rocks (as they say)

Thanks, I've been dying to go out with my TRX with others around my age, I just don't want to look like a weirdo out by myself. Sometimes I take my kids out with it but they're always "my turn! my turn!" and I don't get to play with it much. I hope I can find a small GTG group. I'm into scale crawling btw. :)

Kapti 07-05-2017 03:58 PM

Hey I've got a great spot by Irvine Park, not in the park but down the road 2mins. Boulders, water, sand hills, rock trails, dirt trails. (and not many people)

Wife is going to England Sunday with the kids so I will have a wide open schedule for five weeks of whatever the hell I want. Lets go crawling! Let me know whatever time is good for you and I can probably make it. I'm at work weekdays until around 4:00pm, and free most weekends.

nosser 07-07-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapti (Post 5724969)
Hey I've got a great spot by Irvine Park, not in the park but down the road 2mins. Boulders, water, sand hills, rock trails, dirt trails. (and not many people)

Wife is going to England Sunday with the kids so I will have a wide open schedule for five weeks of whatever the hell I want. Lets go crawling! Let me know whatever time is good for you and I can probably make it. I'm at work weekdays until around 4:00pm, and free most weekends.

I'm in to check out this spot by Irvine Park. Let me know

Nexus6 07-07-2017 05:09 PM

I'm in too, when do you guys wanna meet?

Kapti 07-07-2017 05:44 PM

Does Sunday afternoon work for you guys? Maybe around five or six?

Nexus6 07-08-2017 12:08 AM

Works for me.