Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California
Loading

Notices

Thread: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2017, 11:50 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Question Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Any Crawling clubs/groups in the OC out there?
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2017, 01:54 AM   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Wow this hobby is dead. I can't seem to find any groups, meetups, clubs, organizations, etc that rock crawl together in orange county. Sad.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: here
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Yes scale crawling is Dead.... you need to build a 2.2 sporty or a 2.2pro MOA rig.
Border Line Crawlers is having a GTG June 10 early in the morning in Victorville ca. Yes I know it's not the OC. we a more focused on the competition side of crawling however many guys in our club bring their scale rigs to drive after comps. All are welcome to join in on the fun.

BTW scale crawling isn't dead in the OC you just need to keep looking.

Pm me if interested in showing up June 10th
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:23 AM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Yes scale crawling is Dead.... you need to build a 2.2 sporty or a 2.2pro MOA rig.
Border Line Crawlers is having a GTG June 10 early in the morning in Victorville ca. Yes I know it's not the OC. we a more focused on the competition side of crawling however many guys in our club bring their scale rigs to drive after comps. All are welcome to join in on the fun.

BTW scale crawling isn't dead in the OC you just need to keep looking.

Pm me if interested in showing up June 10th
Thanks! I would love to go and check it out. I know I'm late to the party, but I've caught the scale crawling bug. I just got myself a TRX4 and I'm itching to go crawling with it. The problem is, I don't know where to go and I wouldn't want to go somewhere too public and It'd be nice to crawl with someone. If you guys don't mind a newbie crawling in the background, let me know and I might come hang with yall.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 140
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

I'm part of a crawler group in OC. They go out sometimes twice a week. Where are you located?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: here
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

https://youtu.be/eQJ0uxdn8eI

Video above 2.2 pro crawler
Info to GTG probably will be a small turn out because it's so early in the morning.

Border Line Crawlers Comp practice 6/10/17
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:07 AM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosser View Post
I'm part of a crawler group in OC. They go out sometimes twice a week. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Irvine
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 140
Default Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
I'm in Irvine


Nice, I'm in irvine too. Culver and 5fwy. I know one of the other groups I'm in has an event on June 4, but it's not in OC. I'll let you know when the next event comes up. There's some nice spots to crawl in cdm and a couples in south OC.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nosser; 05-31-2017 at 11:20 AM.
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosser View Post
Nice, I'm in irvine too. Culver and 5fwy. I know one of the other groups I'm in has an event on June 4, but it's not in OC. I'll let you know when the next event comes up. There's some nice spots to crawl in cdm and a couples in south OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good. Let me know!
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,230
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

I'm in Irvine as well, but I haven't had the chance to go out other than around my neighborhood.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:51 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 140
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I'm in Irvine as well, but I haven't had the chance to go out other than around my neighborhood.


Nice! Did you have a nice spot to crawl in irvine? I'd check it out. When the guys set a meet, I'll send it here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 140
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

My group is doing a Father's Day early crawl from 8-11 in cannon. Feel free to come by


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Orange
Posts: 33
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Im in the city of Orange and always up for a local crawl. Keep this thread updated.
Kapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #14
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: OC
Posts: 616
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Just watched JH's vid on that, looks cool. I hope they release a kit version, I think it will be a first for traxxas!

Actually there used to be a few groups, and one specifically in So. OC (OCRCRC), others included surrounding areas; (WCRCRC)(SoCalRCRC)(SDRCRC). Shit happens and people loose interest, there are still a few groups out there, most of the dedicated drivers and builders have trickled down from all these clubs into one, as mentioned before BLC. These are individuals that have done the most with these types of trucks (IMO) raced them in all types of venues. U4RC, Comp Crawling, Builders... Then there are more scale focused clubs where most of the gtg's are scale based, Renegade Rock Runners, West Coast Crawlers, there are more, but I forget.

Hope this helps, it is better to crawl with others....hehe.

See you on the Rocks (as they say)
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
Just watched JH's vid on that, looks cool. I hope they release a kit version, I think it will be a first for traxxas!

Actually there used to be a few groups, and one specifically in So. OC (OCRCRC), others included surrounding areas; (WCRCRC)(SoCalRCRC)(SDRCRC). Shit happens and people loose interest, there are still a few groups out there, most of the dedicated drivers and builders have trickled down from all these clubs into one, as mentioned before BLC. These are individuals that have done the most with these types of trucks (IMO) raced them in all types of venues. U4RC, Comp Crawling, Builders... Then there are more scale focused clubs where most of the gtg's are scale based, Renegade Rock Runners, West Coast Crawlers, there are more, but I forget.

Hope this helps, it is better to crawl with others....hehe.

See you on the Rocks (as they say)
Thanks, I've been dying to go out with my TRX with others around my age, I just don't want to look like a weirdo out by myself. Sometimes I take my kids out with it but they're always "my turn! my turn!" and I don't get to play with it much. I hope I can find a small GTG group. I'm into scale crawling btw.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #16
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Orange
Posts: 33
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Hey I've got a great spot by Irvine Park, not in the park but down the road 2mins. Boulders, water, sand hills, rock trails, dirt trails. (and not many people)

Wife is going to England Sunday with the kids so I will have a wide open schedule for five weeks of whatever the hell I want. Lets go crawling! Let me know whatever time is good for you and I can probably make it. I'm at work weekdays until around 4:00pm, and free most weekends.
Kapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 140
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapti View Post
Hey I've got a great spot by Irvine Park, not in the park but down the road 2mins. Boulders, water, sand hills, rock trails, dirt trails. (and not many people)

Wife is going to England Sunday with the kids so I will have a wide open schedule for five weeks of whatever the hell I want. Lets go crawling! Let me know whatever time is good for you and I can probably make it. I'm at work weekdays until around 4:00pm, and free most weekends.


I'm in to check out this spot by Irvine Park. Let me know


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

I'm in too, when do you guys wanna meet?
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Orange
Posts: 33
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Does Sunday afternoon work for you guys? Maybe around five or six?
Kapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2
Default Re: Orange County Scale Crawling Groups?

Works for me.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Orange County Scale Crawling Groups? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any 1.9 crawlers in Orange County? DirtyDezPirate California 14 01-15-2020 08:40 PM
Orange County, CA Bijan326 California 6 07-21-2016 06:37 PM
Orange County bashing and crawling jasonkgreen California 3 01-03-2015 03:36 PM
Orange County Crawlers ZUKRUE(achilles California 169 06-23-2014 08:53 PM
Crawler in Orange County Flash California 6 07-30-2008 03:43 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com