Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Any one crawling in LOS ANGELES?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #1

Default Any one crawling in LOS ANGELES?

What's up guys! looking for local crawlers and spots in L a any info will help thanks. I have 1 Ecx Barrage 1 Vaterra Ascender.
626crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

Default Re: Any one crawling in LOS ANGELES?

hey man I'm building my first crawler next month, and will be setting up a track in my back yard, so if youre up to travel to whittier you are welcome to come! send me a message so we can keep in touch, I notice theres a lot of guys in LA by themself so it would be really cool to have a spot. If people are up for it, my place can be the spot!
luisfdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'm extremely close to pulling the trigger on a TRX4 and hacking away at it - I'm in LA as well.

Just need to swallow the initial cost of buy in and i'm in. Would love to rip some trails with a few other trucks.

The whole reason I wanted to get back into RC (I've been out of it for 7+ years) and go the crawler route is because there's so much vertical terrain out here. I live right next to Elysian Park for quick runs, and then I've got a lot of places in mind up in the Angeles National Forest that seem to be begging for a crawl. Just cruise up the 2 from La Canada Flintridge - Switzer Falls has a nice rocky creek and trails, all the way up to Mt Wilson and Snowcrest for some more extreme terrain.

Last edited by jessedacri; 02-14-2019 at 06:29 PM.
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:05 AM   #4

I’m in the La Canada area and take my truck out all the time. Recently I’ve been going up ach to the snow and down by jpl there is a creek side trail. The truck is a blast at both. I’ve also been doing some night crawling around the area since installing some lights on my trx4. If you’re ever taking your truck out or would like to come along just shoot me a message.
818chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 818chris View Post
I’m in the La Canada area and take my truck out all the time. Recently I’ve been going up ach to the snow and down by jpl there is a creek side trail. The truck is a blast at both. I’ve also been doing some night crawling around the area since installing some lights on my trx4. If you’re ever taking your truck out or would like to come along just shoot me a message.
I've been going up the 2 pretty much every other day and crawling at Switzer Falls since the ACH has been closed at Mt Wilson with that rockslide situation, although the water flow has been insane the last few days. I was crossing at a typically shallow point and the truck got swept downstream and got caught fully submerged until I could climb out there and grab it, haha. I did try and take Big Tujunga the other day to find a new spot but the terrain was a bit too extreme and I was running out of light. Sucks I didn't see this sooner but I'll definitely shoot you a message next time I'm up there!

I did Little Tujunga Canyon Road today (further west, entering at Osborne Rd off the 210) and found a nice rocky trail climb over at the picnic area where that ranger station is (something bear picnic area). Left unsatisfied and ended up at Vasquez Rocks and had an absolute blast, again ran out of light but if you haven't been up there it's like a crawling Mecca - I can't wait to go back.

Couple pics from the day below. Bronco body is getting so beat up but still looks nice in photos!

jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:07 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

El Modena Open Space is really really good crawling. It's pretty spread out but there are some gems. Be prepared to hike several hours along the course of the paths.

Corona Del Mar is also pretty close and the Rocky beach area is excellent.

I'm down in Oceanside so don't get up to LA often, but when I do it's one of those two.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Damatheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
RCC Addict

All of the local groups and comps are announced on facebook. Active local clubs you can search for:
Renegade Rock Runners
LA RC crawlers
Crazy Crawlers
Creep N' Crawlers

We hit Corona Del Mar rocks most weekends - I don't think I've been there when there wasn't at least a few other crawlers there.
the local clubs are great, nice bunch of enthusiasts, with some kind of an event by one of these groups almost every weekend.

Be sure to come up to Apple Valley for Proline by the Fire event coming up May 18. It's an annual even that will likely draw over 400 participants this year.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #8

I haven't been in the scene for a bit myself, but I'm in thousand oaks near Marty's hobbies. They have an indoor crawl area. Tons of hills by my place too. Used to crawl in Vasquez rocks alot. Just finishing prepping my scx10.
fakejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:05 PM   #9

Hello, I'm down in LA for work this week and brought my crawler. Where are some good places to go? I'm staying near elysian park. I was thinking Griffith park but I'm not sure where to park or where the good crawl spots are?
bmxbryant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:18 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbryant09 View Post
Hello, I'm down in LA for work this week and brought my crawler. Where are some good places to go? I'm staying near elysian park. I was thinking Griffith park but I'm not sure where to park or where the good crawl spots are?
Go to the El Modena Open Space, or drive down to Corona Del Mar and crawl on the north side of the beach by the cliffs

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Damatheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:13 PM   #11

I'm in Burbank.
I have a trx-4 sport and a trx-4 G500 wagon.
nice rides, just got back into the RC world with a buddy of mine.
We usually head up to Vasquez Rocks.

Hit me up, I'll roll anywhere. Looking to go to some local competitions to check it out.

Rock Dog
Rock Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:18 AM   #12

I just saw this new user on this page ✌️ are you still having rock crawling at your spot? I got a traxxas Ford bronco trx4
Heyjayhoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedacri View Post
Couple pics from the day below. Bronco body is getting so beat up but still looks nice in photos!
Pics 1 and 2, especially, are great examples of super realism.

#2 looks like it's 1/1 scale, no body posts visible...
Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:50 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

how dose that song go
"nobody crawls in la "or something like that lol
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:00 PM   #15

So no crawling?
rodriguezbe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:11 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Crawling all over the place. Maybe not huge groups of people but a few, you came make friends. Question is La is a big area what landmark are you closest to and how far away do your want to travel?
hnoroian is offline   Reply With Quote

Any one crawling in LOS ANGELES? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Los Angeles! Ca guys Chesebro California 168 08-15-2023 11:46 AM
Los Angeles.!! toyotaexo88 California 9 11-28-2019 01:31 PM
Los angeles crawling.!!!!! toyotaexo88 California 66 08-13-2017 08:58 AM
Crawling around the Los Angeles area. 4x4Jay Scale Videos! 0 03-04-2014 12:15 PM