RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   any crawler knowledgeable stores near chino? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/594387-any-crawler-knowledgeable-stores-near-chino.html)

socal gto 01-20-2018 03:17 PM

any crawler knowledgeable stores near chino?

Like the title says I'm in Chino and I'm looking for a shop that may give me some pointers on RC Crawlers the only shop I really know around here is Pegasus but they seem to know more about track cars.

wraithfreak 01-25-2018 12:06 PM

Re: any crawler knowledgeable stores near chino?

I'm in Walnut and would like to find the same around our area. I'm new to the area and would also like to know of any crawling spots close or relatively close.

Armistice 01-30-2018 10:48 PM

The one that was in Chino closed down a few yrs ago. There's Hobby Town in Corona off Magnolia and Ontario. I would frequent there when I lived there. There is going to be someone in there who should be able to help you out

lzysmrf 01-31-2018 08:58 AM

There is a HobbyTown in Corona on Magnolia. They host a group crawl every second saturday.

tapped-out 01-31-2018 09:07 AM

This site has all the info you could possibly want..
What kind of info are you looking for scale or comp?

wraithfreak 01-31-2018 08:08 PM

Personally I am looking for a place where RC crawler people go to have fun and hang out and show off there shit and share knowledge about the hobby. Without driving to far so I can enjoy it often without making a day out of it, although I would be willing to drive for a large event and make a day out of it. I am new to this area and would like to meet reasonably close people with the same interests. Also a decent LHS that caters to RC in this area. That's not to much to ask is it? In this part of Cali I think it is.

tapped-out 01-31-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithfreak (Post 5795595)
Personally I am looking for a place where RC crawler people go to have fun and hang out and show off there shit and share knowledge about the hobby. Without driving to far so I can enjoy it often without making a day out of it, although I would be willing to drive for a large event and make a day out of it. I am new to this area and would like to meet reasonably close people with the same interests. Also a decent LHS that caters to RC in this area. That's not to much to ask is it? In this part of Cali I think it is.

LMAO... Good luck, that's wanting a lot.. all I can tell you is Border Line Crawlers gets together once a month for a comp. 2.2pro and 2.2 sporty classes some guys bring scalers.
A few of us get together between comps for practice/drive our rigs and hang out.
But it turns into a full day.

If your into scale rigs look up Renegade Rock Runners.

Good luck.

Armistice 02-02-2018 08:23 PM

Yah, you're not going to find anything crawler specific around here like you would for track cars. Best I was able to do was a crawler group down in Temecula. I was living in Corona at the time. I'd drive down to Tmec once a month to crawl with them

Only crawler specific shop I know about is in Colorado, lol

I was actually thinking about opening up a shop specifically for crawlers, but my heart wasn't in it to even bother

MattTheGenus 02-02-2018 11:01 PM

Pegasus hobbies is a great shop, they have just about everything including crawler stuff. It's the best you're going to do anywhere near here.