Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Inland Empire Rock Racing idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #1

Default Inland Empire Rock Racing idea

Hello again everyone!!

It has been a couple years since I've been on the forum and out of the scale R/C hobby. I got a RR10 3 months and have been enjoying it ever since for trailing and bashing! With my hobby company slowly moving forward with my buddy (details on that later!) and involvement in my church, I got an idea and would like some feedback.

I'm the volunteer director of the Men's Ministry at Crosswinds Church in Moreno Valley as of 2018. With that, I've been trying to find new ways of engaging with the men at my church, which is quite the challenge. While planning the usual events is easy enough and successful, I figured it was time to try something new out.

So the idea is to use some of the area of land at the church to build a track for rock racing. I know that the racing scene is pretty ripe at this point, but I figured if I could offer something like this for free of charge to use for racers, it might do something for the community, my church, and you hobbyists. Organized events can also be put on the calendar later on using the U4RC ruleset.

I know churches can leave people with sour dispositions, but this is to give men (and their families!) a new activity to enjoy together. Here it is from my point of view, if I can serve these men in a way that is different from the market/industry trends & offer the existing R/C/ community an environment to enjoy the R/C hobby, then we all win! What I need though, are those willing to take advantage of what I can offer the hobby from outside the church, with an open mind.

Please, constructive feedback only and feel free to PM me as well.

Thank you!!

Last edited by Bubba86; 02-15-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Bubba86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 04:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Inland Empire Rock Racing idea

Sounds like a good idea to me the only issue is the cost getting in to the hobby especialy rock racing my rig seems to break every time i get it on the track i just cant aford to race it i would think a scaller /crawler course would be easyer on the wallet and take up less room and a good way to judge interest from your local paitrons i dont know if its posable but maybe the church can invest in a few rigs 10 maybe and have spec class comps that way people can see if there realy in to it or not before spending alot of money its also a good way to.test driver skill if everyone is running the same rig with out having to buy a specific rig i have started a few tracks out by my house out on the blm ive got a yeti xl track and ive just started a short course track i would also like a rally/dirt drift flat track on top of the portland vain so it has a nice solid base and this is why out there but a nice concrete street course would be awsome to

What kind of hobby buisiness are you starting ive been tossing the idea of starting a parts.and repairs shop at my house out by soggy lake but im just so darn unreliable i dont know if it would work out or not

Last edited by ferp420; 02-27-2018 at 04:04 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Any progress? May find a few RFC guys that U4 as well to spread the concept.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:11 PM   #4

Admittedly, I didn’t pursue this much beyond asking around at my church and posting the idea on here for some feedback. 4 months later with a single reply and a question doesn’t build confidence. Didn’t seem worth the time and the leaders of my church won’t allow it to happen if there’s very little engagement or interested parties, but I’ve been very slowly getting verbal feedback from a couple guys now that kids are home for the summer. Time will tell if I can get some more feedback from the R/C community

Last edited by Bubba86; 06-22-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I would be interested! I live in riverside however i have a busy work schedule thats unreliable but if this does happen i will make any events that i could. Also any help building a track or any other help needed. Ive never had a rock racer but i do have some short course trucks and also a scaler. Possibly theres a chance of eventually doing a variety of things rc related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRAWLIN5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
RCC Addict

My response comes from the fact that it was the first time I've ever looked here. I'm Riverside area as well. I don't have a rock racer either for that matter. I can see your church frowning on the idea, liability. VBS extra curricular activity? Until I finish my Bomber build, I'm in desert race only mode with the go fast car. Where abouts in Mo Val is your potential location?
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #7

I'll see what I can do over the next week or two

If I could get some ideas of what ya'll would want that'd go a long way.

Edit:
I meant no disrespect MAC FAB

While it would probably do well and might give to VBS in a cool way, financial support to buy rigs is out of the question for something like this without some solid feedback and events going on. However, we have plenty of space (acres worth!) to build on, it comes down to if there are people outside the church that would make use of this as well. So far, it seems an off road track or two would do well and do even better with further R/C community involvement.

Crosswinds Church is located off Ironwood Ave & Redlands Blvd on the east part of Moreno Valley. We have plenty of bare ground, materials, utilities, and the ability to make a couple tracks for the hobbyists.

Tell ya’ll what, feel free to PM on the side and if we get enough people this can move forward even quicker.

Inland Empire Rock Racing idea - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inland Empire Peeps? gerr California 76 10-14-2022 07:48 AM
inland empire peeps!! riverside_wraith California 11 06-16-2015 10:05 PM
Inland North West Scale Crawlers! nwnewbie Idaho 3 04-06-2014 10:11 PM
Inland Empire Crawling? po' riggity California 6 10-07-2013 09:45 AM