Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: U4RC Track time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Default U4RC Track time

Where do you guys go to get track time & work on setups for the U4RC stuff? I’ve been thinkin about maybe gettin into it, but short of doing laps in the back yard, I’m not sure really how to get goin with this. Always been more of a basher. The Apple Valley track is local but I believe it’s also private property @ somebodies Home. I don’t know about Cherry Valley, but watching one of the recent races, it looks like it may be on somebodies property too lol. (I thought it was shop-operated).

For now I’ll pile up some rocks to slowly build my makeshift course in the backyard & chase the dogs around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Siq6Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2018, 09:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: U4RC Track time

Yeah they are both on private property, that's why it's practice on race day only...really though I use a river bed to test out shock set ups and ESC motor set ups.

You really need to take it to the track because even between races the track goes through changes, also you can get a better feel for the conditions of the track.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps.
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Theres one in the works out in johnson valley its built for the yeti xl but any rig wiuld be fine there arent any rocks yet but there is some hills and sand feel free to make improvements to it its right across the street from my house on blm land and there is parking neer by or you can drive right to the track if you have a off road rig ive actualy run my 1:1 around it a few times so i know the yxl can make the turns lol there isent much to it its.gona need alot of work to make a real u4rc track out of it but it should be good for practicing once the rocks are added im hoping to be there in a few weeks and will be doing some track work out there as well of working on our houses if anyone is interested pm me and ill send the gps cordinates and directions

Last edited by ferp420; 12-01-2018 at 08:16 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #4

Ah man, it took a while to get a response. 🤣 Well, Thanks to both of you for your input! (If you even see this) I don't remember why I quit checking back here but my cars basically have been collecting dust since then. Backyard was a bust because one of the dogs would lose his mind (excited) and wouldn't stop barking. Didn't think my neighbors wanted to hear that. Been busy with work and other hobbies.

So what's going on in the desert these days? FB doesn't feed me anything RC related anymore. The crawler shop in Apple Valley was shutting their doors last I checked, and it looks like squatters are occupying some of the spots I always thought would be good to run the cars. The rest got over ran by people with too much credit and not enough common sense...
Siq6Six is offline   Reply With Quote

U4RC Track time - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U4RC Track Dimensions? Drm31078 Newbie General 0 11-16-2016 02:43 PM
Hawaii U4RC Track Cleanup special agent Hawaii 3 01-04-2016 01:29 AM
Loose dirt Indiana U4RC track MichianaRCcrawlers U4RC 17 04-26-2015 09:28 PM
Scale rock crawling course and a U4rc track cdavis7547 Tennessee 0 04-06-2014 07:45 PM
U4rc at warehouse 3 indoor track in peoria !! jrcheese Arizona 14 03-18-2014 11:05 PM