Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Who’s in Ventura County, South 805 area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #1

Default Who’s in Ventura County, South 805 area

Hey all I’m in Camarillo and just curious who lives around here that’s down to do some rc crawling. Me and my son both have TRX4s and love em! We have a cpl small spots in Camarillo and are part of a little group of guys we go crawl with. Always looking to add to the group and meet up at other spots. We also go to the Simi Valley (border of Simi and San Fernando Valley) spot “Flanagan”. Just seeing who on here is in my area or surrounding areas!
Mr.Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2020, 12:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Who’s in Ventura County, South 805 area

I'm quite a ways North of you (but still in the 805) but I know I've run with a few guys from your 'hood that I met through the "805 RC Crawlers" FB page. I'm assuming you already know about the indoor course at Marty's Hobbies in Thousand Oaks? There's usually some guys crawling there when we pass through. If you ever find yourself in the Santa Maria area, look me up. We've got a sizeable home course (pretty close in size to the one at Marty's) and used to hold regular events here, but as with everyone else, our social events have all but died this year.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I'm quite a ways North of you (but still in the 805) but I know I've run with a few guys from your 'hood that I met through the "805 RC Crawlers" FB page. I'm assuming you already know about the indoor course at Marty's Hobbies in Thousand Oaks? There's usually some guys crawling there when we pass through. If you ever find yourself in the Santa Maria area, look me up. We've got a sizeable home course (pretty close in size to the one at Marty's) and used to hold regular events here, but as with everyone else, our social events have all but died this year.
Yeah I’m not far from Marty’s. Haven’t been to the new location... yet. It is expensive when I set foot in those places!

I’ve met a few guys from the 805 crawlers Facebook, I stick with Instagram or forums mostly. I am actually up in SM every so often as I have a prerunner being built at a shop by Hancock College.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Oh cool, I've seen a few prerunners (Tundras?) parked over there at the old airplane hangars, didn't realize it was a fab shop. Like I said, next time you find yourself up here, you should bring your crawlers and stop by. I'm like 2-3 miles from there. In addition to our (my 10y.o., 7y.o. and myself) crawlers that actually work, I've got a 1/10 leaf sprung K5 in progress and my 1:1 K5 crawler on life support next to our crawler course too.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Oh cool, I've seen a few prerunners (Tundras?) parked over there at the old airplane hangars, didn't realize it was a fab shop. Like I said, next time you find yourself up here, you should bring your crawlers and stop by. I'm like 2-3 miles from there. In addition to our (my 10y.o., 7y.o. and myself) crawlers that actually work, I've got a 1/10 leaf sprung K5 in progress and my 1:1 K5 crawler on life support next to our crawler course too.
Nice man! My 8 year old rocks a trx4 sport and is pretty decent. I will hit ya up when ever I plan on going up.

Yeah he’s 2nd or 3rd on left if looking from street. Specialized in Toyota Tacomas and Tundras as well as Silverados.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:09 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'm in the 805 (Santa Barbara). I recently finished my first RC in over 20 years... the SCX10 II unimog kit. I'm a bit northwest, but I have been down to Martys a couple times for all my electronics. None of my friends are into RC, and it's not as fun driving solo, so I'd be down to meet up with people for a crawl within a reasonable distance.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:07 AM   #7
RCC Addict

We're hosting a crawling get together at my house (in Santa Maria) this Sunday if you guys (or anyone else) is interested. I think my wife put an open invite up on the 805 RC Crawlers FB page. PM me if you want to join us, I've been out of the loop for quite awhile but we usually have 20+ people in attendance.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:43 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Looks like I’m meeting some guys from down south at lizards mouth Sunday morning. I’ll try to fit both in. Thanks for the invite!
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 11:43 PM   #9

@Mr. Blazer…reviving and older thread but are you and your son still crawling?…I’m in Simi w/ a 5 yr old and looking for other crawler dads/sons to crawl with.
CashOnTheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:26 PM   #10

Quote:

Hi. I’m up in Paso Robles. New to the crawling scene. Looking for like minded people in area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crawlincowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Who’s in Ventura County, South 805 area - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ventura County RC Crawlers RichieOTR California 14 05-14-2017 04:04 PM
twisted bender is in the oxnard ventura area twisted bender California 1 09-14-2013 09:30 AM
any crawlers in the ventura area DJ1522 California 0 11-20-2011 10:39 PM
Caling all Ventura County Crawlers TXJeeper1 California 3 08-28-2010 01:56 PM
Crawler club in Ventura county? shrum1340 Newbie General 2 12-12-2006 11:04 PM