Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Humboldt County Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Arrow Humboldt County Crawlers

Any other crawlers from Humboldt County?

Post up so we can join up or at least share some good crawling spots.

I'm in the Arcata area. My regular spots are Sequoia park, Moonstone beach and Megwill point (college cove). I tend to keep going to the same spots for the convenience but I'd like to explore a bit more.

I usually go out on the weekends.

I usually run 1.9 rigs but I have a few 2.2 rigs, some bashers, an 8x8 and some micros.

I found some older regional threads for Humboldt County but they were all at least 6 years old so I though I'd start a new one.

I'd like to get out this weekend but I dont have any concrete plans yet.
-Casey
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #2

Default Re: Humboldt County Crawlers

Hey Casey,

It was great running into you yesterday.

I've only got my modded Gen8, but I love taking it anywhere I can. Always up for a challenge.

So far I have only taken it to Sequoia park and the rock pile we were mentioning yesterday next to the Harley dealership.

Typically I go out on Sundays, however I am not sure if I can this next Sunday. It would be a blast to get together and mob around soon!

Happy Trails,

-Nick
Micro788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Hey Nick, thanks for posting. I'm glad I ran into you guys as well, I'll be nice to have a good group to crawl with!
Old 08-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #4

I'm also in the area, usually I crawl with Casey, mostly 1.9 rigs. Anyways is very cool to see that there are more people crawling in Humboldt!
a much needed thread Casey!

-David
J-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Welcome David!

What about this weekend guys?

Shawn wants to go out Sunday which works for me, anyone else interested? Not sure where yet, I guess whatever is the most convenient for everyone.

Hey Nick, are you saying Sunday is the only day you can get out? just checking.

EDIT: I'll post for David because I dont think he will lol, David said he wants to go out Saturday and Sunday.

Sounds good to me so long as my feet are still working after Saturday

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-27-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Looks like the plan for today is Sequoia Park at 1:00.

We meet up by the playground restrooms. So far I think we have David and Shawn coming, let me know if you're coming too.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #7

Well, I am finally in... Bummed I missed the park run this weekend but now that I have all that other stuff sorted, I can participate!
ExoSphere64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Nice, I'm glad you got that sorted out. Welcome to RCC!

Last weekend ended up just being a Saturday run, maybe only 2 1/2 hours.

I'd love to get up to Trinidad soon, Its been too long since I've been up there.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #9

Ahh, right on. I am pretty stoked to be on here! The next month is going to be really crazy for my but I will have some time off and really want to get up to Trinidad as well. Another spot I want to recon is the river area near the Mad River brewery in Blue Lake. Water levels are really low this time of year and I have a feeling that some of the dry river beds could prove to be entertaining!
Old 09-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Thats a great idea, I scoped out that area with google earth but I forgot to consider water levels. Google earth is a great tool for looking around for spots BTW.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:44 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Okay Shawn and I are making plans to hit up College cove on Sunday. Is anyone else interested?

Wind shouldn't be too strong, 5mph max around mid day according to the forecast. Where we go is very exposed so the wind can get pretty gnarly when its bad.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #12

Wow... This sites safety protocols are quite strict. I can post or reply from this machine all I want but it I use another computer or even my phone, I keep getting blocked. Oh well...

Anyway, I am on call this weekend and can't really get out but I will be free next Sunday for some exploring. Take some pics at the Cove if you can. I am curious if it the same place I have hiked out to before. (Before I had the truck).

Nick is in the middle of a complete yard makeover at his house and I think he is consumed with that. I haven't heard much from him since that project started but will reach out soon and see what his time lines are.

This month is going to be busy for me but I may end up having more free time on the weekends to get some wheel time in. I have a couple of places I want to go check out and see if they have anything worth spending time at. Once I get the recon done I will let you all know if I found anything good.

Happy wheeling and look forward to getting together with you guys soon!

Last edited by ExoSphere64; 09-06-2020 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Testing stuff...
Old 09-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I've shot a few videos out at the Point at College Cove (Megwill point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65J0rGw86s

As for getting blocked when using a different computer, It may be because you're a new member or the way you created your account may have brought with it some restrictions. I can post from different PC without issue. after a certain number of posts this might possibly go away.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 09-06-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Well this is pretty last minute but were talking about possibly heading to Sequoia park at 2:00 today.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #15

When I am on call for work I am pretty pinned down and I don't get relieved until Wednesday. I only rotate in every 6 weeks or so. Once I am clear I will try to be more proactive... What are everyone's normal days off? I have Sunday/Monday off regularly. Weekday evenings are a stretch but may be doable once in awhile. I mentioned that this month is going to busy for me but I will have extra days off I don't usually have so there could be a few Saturdays available.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoSphere64 View Post
When I am on call for work I am pretty pinned down and I don't get relieved until Wednesday. I only rotate in every 6 weeks or so. Once I am clear I will try to be more proactive... What are everyone's normal days off? I have Sunday/Monday off regularly. Weekday evenings are a stretch but may be doable once in awhile. I mentioned that this month is going to busy for me but I will have extra days off I don't usually have so there could be a few Saturdays available.

No worries if you cant make it, I was just throwing it out there just in case.

I have weekends off and I could be wrong but I think both David and Shawn have weekends off too.

Sorry I didn't get a good shot of the general area but here are a few shots from Saturday

Old 09-10-2020, 10:26 PM   #17

Man I really like that truck. Someday I would love to build something similar but with a '64 Chevy base. I am starting to come to grips with I am going to need at least 3 or 4 trucks in my inventory. And my checkbook is hiding in another country thinking about it. I am dying to get some trail time in. I will have some time this Sunday and am willing to go anywhere. Let me know if you feller's want to do some wheeling this weekend...
Old 09-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #18

Where did you source your stickers? It would be cool to have a sheet or two at my disposal. Also, I have some free time Sunday and would enjoy a little meet up and trail ride. Let me know if anyone has anything going on...
Old 09-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

The stickers came from all over, I never use stickers normally so I have a massive stack of them piling up. The majority of these came from a Tamiya Sand Scorcher body.

A Sunday run might be fun but I think most of us are waiting for the smoke to clear up a bit. If its not too smokey I'm down.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I've shot a few videos out at the Point at College Cove (Megwill point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65J0rGw86s

As for getting blocked when using a different computer, It may be because you're a new member or the way you created your account may have brought with it some restrictions. I can post from different PC without issue. after a certain number of posts this might possibly go away.

Wow! Looks like a lot of amazing crawling spots. It’s like that here on the island, but I haven’t even gotten a chance to take it out places other than next door dirt field since we’ve been here! 3 months of the same driving sucks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arcata, crawlers, eureka, humboldt county

Humboldt County Crawlers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone In Humboldt County?? Hammers Honco California 4 08-21-2021 06:02 PM
Tulare county crawlers bluechevy California 1 03-30-2015 11:56 PM
any other crawlers in humboldt tbilz California 23 07-04-2014 05:51 AM
Humboldt County ARC4x4 Chit Chat 15 08-06-2011 10:56 AM
Rc Rock Crawling Humboldt County King Salmon topdog909 Videos! 4 08-25-2008 11:18 AM