Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Local Roseville locations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #1

Default Local Roseville locations?

Yes, i am certain that it has been asked before, probably by me. However, I am still trying to find some "practice" spots in Roseville Area other than Folsom $5.00 is too much for me j/k. There is Rocklin Middle school which has a front retaining wall made of Granite boulders: fun. Behind Wal Mart on Douglas, no good lines, plus I think someone called the cops on me when I was there, but the police drove up and then kept going when he saw the truck. Where are some good little spots?

Any thoughts would be great.

Mike
mike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Off taylor road in rocklin is Griffin Quary. Its on the right side a little ways past del oro high school. It's free
FlexinTLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinTLT View Post
Off taylor road in rocklin is Griffin Quary. Its on the right side a little ways past del oro high school. It's free
Hmmm never been there but I'm sure that Iv'e driven past it plenty of times. Anygood?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Tom and I have been there scouting out crawl locations. It's actually in Penryn. It has some great spots to crawl but, like the river, you have to walk a ways to get to the spots. Like FlexinTLT said, it's free which is always a good thing.
Manwhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
RCC Addict

There is a big spot over by my place, but the last time I was there, I was "politely" asked to leave... I hope to find a phone number of the people who own the property and ask if it is OK for me/us to use their land.
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #6

Rock Quarry: So I made the trip up to the spot off of Taylor road. There is potential. I walked almost the entire park, a bit creepy when you are alone and it is 7pm. Sorta Texas Chainsaw Massacare back there??!?!
Anywho, I did not see too many good lines to crawl on, but I did not really try it either, because I have breakdown.
I think the Center Diff is busted or slippying, can not remember how I locked it. I think Hot glue. Time to break it down.
As for the Granite rocks there, well lots of moss growing on them, and the gaps between rocks is large.

It is worth checking out to see if I missed something? Sure. I did miss a spot further in the back that I did not want to walk to for the fear of being molested by some creepy dude. According to the parks crude map there is a pile of rocks in the back too??

write up here if you find something else.

Mike
mike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

mike: I agree about the quarry you went to, not much there.

The toughest place we have crawled, in this area, is the location of the SAC get together on this Sunday, the American River confluence near Auburn. Not a place for people who don't want to scrath there new Bruiser body.

Also, July 8th the NorCal group is having a comp at Beals Point on Folsom. this area offers the best veriety of rocks in this area.

---my 2 cents.
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote