Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Nor cal Scale team trials ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Nor cal Scale team trials ?

I did not want to hijack the other thread so I started this one with rckjeeps quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
well we kinda do Red, Scale= Team trials, Extreme = Comp. I just didn't like the rules yesterday. I'd rather have more crawling less racing, but it was a change of pace which was cool.
so lets stiffen up the rules for the Scale team trials it must be full fendered rigs. this makes sence to me sence I am building another rig for 2.2 comp. what dop you all think?

When are you thinking about the date for the event? on the 30th of April and 1st of may I am working on my Blazer the full size one. new shocks, Ball joints and 3 inch drop spindles. I also have a Boat race on may 7th.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Sounds cool but this leaves little room for tube chassis. So what should we do there? most scale tubers are build to be scale not outcrawl that danm bulu thing.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

That is a good question . I would like to hear from others on this. I sorta feel that if they have pictures of a rig and the size is done to scale that would be cool. I also would want the shocks on tubers to be in the same place or same angle as the picture. But lets hear from Badger , RCKJeep and 1beatjeep and the rest of the groupe.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I also think that the Bulu cars with full fender bodys would be cool too in scale so it is not too much of a hardship.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ya because this seems like a big gray area in the scale class.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:17 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Nothing against any DSP chassis it just seems that scale tubers are be left out. with a full fender rule.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:08 PM   #7
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjacker_rc_club
Nothing against any DSP chassis it just seems that scale tubers are be left out. with a full fender rule.
From the last rules we ran, scale tubers are allowed. The trucks just need to look scale, so for instance Dave's MRV almost has all of his fender's in tact and that should be allowed, Daniels body with no fenders at all should not be allowed, but his chassis is fine.

What do you guys think?

Rules for "Team Trials"

1) Each team will consist of 2 vehicles and 2 drivers.

2) The team will run the course together, trying for the quickest and cleanest run. The team to finish the course in the quickest time and with the fewest roll-overs will win. Both trucks must cross the finish line. Roll-overs are a heavier penalty than time- IE the team with fewer roll-overs and a longer time will beat a team with more roll-overs and a shorter time.

3) All vehicles MUST RUN :

-TLT, Robbe Panther, Bruiser or PTI axles. (You may widen the axle, but it must look realistic under your body) NO clod or other full-size axles.

-Tamiya Pajero's, Humvee's and S10/Ford/Toyota Stadium trucks are OK, but you'll get whooped. Wink

-2.2" Tires. (The tallest tire allowed is the Proline Masher 2000. Anything smaller is fine)

-No gear reductions allowed.

-2 wheel steering ONLY!

And the trucks MUST look realistic. (You know what I mean!)
There is no limit on chassis or transmission or anything else.

4) The operator of the truck may not touch the vehicle in the event of a roll-over or 'stuck' situation. The vehicle must be rescued via winch or tow strap or by the other truck in the team with similar recovery gear.

5) Ramps, Sand Ladders, Tow straps and other aids may be carried and placed by the operator, just like full-scale wheeling. Said ramps MUST be carried on the vehicle!

Additional ideas:

- A winch is strongly advised for this location.
-"Tree straps" (A length of string to wrap around an object in case your winch isnt long enough).
- Have hooks on your chassis to attach the tow straps to.
- Lights look cool and add realism.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:20 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

As long as i can run a tuber im happy.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

It's tuff one because though my tuber has long shocks and a long WB it didn't totally kick ass at the team event. But if we go with Randy's picture idea than creativity is out. Which sucks because my tuber is one of a kind in any scale. Though it is realistic looking. I don't like the street legal idea because if that is the case than no one would be legal. I saw as long as it looks like a 1:1 rig I saw run it. but I like idea of a more challenging class.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:20 PM   #10

It does not have to be that tuff. We just need to make the class what we all want it to be. It does not have to be modeled exactly after a 1:1 event or another class.

But I really don't feel like getting into a debate about it either. So I say if you have multiple 2.2 rigs then run the one that looks more scale.

Last edited by badger; 04-20-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It's tuff one because though my tuber has long shocks and a long WB it didn't totally kick ass at the team event. But if we go with Randy's picture idea than creativity is out. Which sucks because my tuber is one of a kind in any scale. Though it is realistic looking. I don't like the street legal idea because if that is the case than no one would be legal. I saw as long as it looks like a 1:1 rig I saw run it. but I like idea of a more challenging class.
It is a tuff one (But not in Badgers Mind) But I think I would accept it not becuse it is not a top preformer. but becuse it has the creativity that I like to see encouraged. If it was built real small, narrow, low and had a tube chassy that resumbled a Bulu that if it were a real car and no person could fit in to it, then no I would not think it is a fair to the Bruiser type of car that I want to see have a chance. I can do this if I wanted to but if I did it would be for the Extreme Comp. I would like to see both types have a place to shine. Your tuber Is wide with a tall roof line that could be a 1 to 1 car. I think badgers rules said it all. and we have calirfyed them too.

Last edited by RandyatBBY; 04-20-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:12 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

You're right it doesn't have to be that tuff. I just want to be able to compete. If I have to make a new chassis go ahead twist my arm. Not that anyone is saying I need to.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:11 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Like i said its a grey area but what the hell if i bring my tuber i dont thing you guys are going to stop me from running so im not that concerned.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:23 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
.Some cats were hurt in the making of this thread.
If I did this it was not my intent. It was just a thought and I wanted to get the feelings of the rest of you.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Like i said its a grey area but what the hell if i bring my tuber i dont thing you guys are going to stop me from running so im not that concerned.
I don't think we have to worry about you running your tuber. If I remember correctly, you were at both of the last two comps but did not run in either!

So if you want to bring your tuber to sit on the hill that is fine with me.

Randy - That is just rckjeeps goofy sig.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

F YOU

I think, we think about rules too much. you guys will argue on the computer but face to face everyones chicken'

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 04-21-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:00 AM   #17

Quote:
I think, we think about rules too much. you guys will argue on the computer but face to face everyones chicken'
Wrong thing to say to me! I mentioned at the last comp that I plan on going Nazi on everyone with the rules.

At the next normal comp (not TTC) you will find out.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

You should make the rules so strict that every one hates crawling and i can buy all of thier crawlers for one dollar.

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 04-21-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

i think the comp rules for team trail should be . if your tire stick out the wheel well you should run MUD FLAPS.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:46 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

mud flaps

what has the world come to.